What’s better than preparing warm, delicious pancakes for breakfast on a lazy weekend? It’s a fantastic way to relax and dig into a tasty meal to start your day with your family. But if you end up with a mess when mixing and pouring your batter, you might actually avoid making pancakes at home. That’s when a high-quality pancake batter dispenser can come in really handy!
With the right batter dispenser, you can get consistent results without the mess. Rather than having to try pouring your batter from the bowl that it was mixed in, you can pour it into a dispenser that allows you to control the amount of batter that’s released into your pan, without any leaks.
There are various types of pancake batter dispensers available, and you don’t need to restrict yourself to using them only for pancakes. You can also use this product to make waffles, cupcakes, muffins, and a variety of other treats. Basically, whenever you want to be able to pour a batter cleanly and easily, this type of dispenser can help.
Which pancake batter dispenser should you get? Well, that will depend on your needs and preferences. Do you want one that will ensure you release the same amount of batter every time? Or do you want one that you can use to not only pour, but also mix, your batter so you can use far fewer bowls and utensils? There are so many different options out there, so you can easily find the one that matches your expectations.
To help you get started, we’ve compiled the list of products below. Check them out to get an idea of what you can get when it comes to pancake batter dispensers.
1. Editor’s Choice: OXO Good Grips Precision Batter Dispenser
When you start your search for a good quality pancake batter dispenser, you might find that this one from OXO gives you what you need. It’s designed to help dispense batter cleanly and easily, thanks to the handle that is easy to squeeze and the shut-off valve that prevents drips and messes. Plus, because the valve is removable, you can also rest assured that you’ll be able to thoroughly clean this dispenser when you’re done using it.
This pancake batter dispenser is made of BPA free plastic. It comes with a lid that you can also use as a drip tray. And it has measurements along the side, so you can be sure you use the right amount of batter.
We also like that this dispenser has a wide opening that helps ensure you won’t accidentally spill your batter as you’re pouring it into the dispenser. Just pour the batter in, place the lid on top, and then squeeze the handle to pour just the right amount as you cook up yummy pancakes. So simple!
- This pancake batter dispenser is made of BPA free plastic.
- You can put up to four cups of batter into this dispenser, and there are measurements printed on the side for your convenience and ease of use.
- This dispenser features a wide opening and a removable shut-off valve that help prevent messes.
- This dispenser comes with a lid that can double as a drip tray.
- Some customer reviews state they were disappointed with the quality of the valve on this pancake batter dispenser.
2. Runner Up: MyLifeUNIT Stainless Steel Pancake Batter Dispenser
This pancake batter dispenser, which is made of durable stainless steel, is designed to make your life a lot easier. You can use it for so much more than making pancakes and waffles because it can also come in handy when you’re baking cupcakes and muffins or when you’re making crepes, as a few examples. And, when you’re done using it, you can just pop it in your dishwasher to clean it.
This item has a silicone plug that can help prevent leaks, and it comes with a handy stand that you can set the dispenser on while you are using it. You do need to assemble this pancake batter dispenser by setting the handle in place, so follow the directions to do it quickly and simply. Also, the handle is designed to be easy and comfortable to use, and it’s detachable so you can store it away without it taking up too much space.
- This pancake batter dispenser is available in more than one size.
- This product is made of stainless steel that will not be prone to rusting.
- To store this dispenser more easily, you can detach the handle.
- You can clean this pancake batter dispenser in the dishwasher.
- Some customer reviews state this pancake batter dispenser doesn’t work well with thick batters.
3. Best Plastic Pancake Batter Dispenser: KPKitchen Pancake Batter Dispenser
If you would prefer going with a plastic pancake batter dispenser, this one might give you all of the features that you are looking for. First off, it is made of BPA free plastic, which is always something you want. Secondly, it is built to be durable so it could last a long time. And we also like that it has an updated design for the handle to help keep it from breaking.
This pancake batter dispenser is simple to use. All you need to do is fill it up and then press the handle to release just the right amount of batter you need. It can hold up to four cups, and the fail safe valve helps prevent leaks and messes. Plus, it has a wide mouth opening that helps ensure you won’t accidentally spill any of your batter as you are pouring it into the dispenser.
- This pancake batter dispenser can hold 4 cups, and it has a wide mouth opening.
- It has a quick close valve designed to help prevent leaks.
- This dispenser should be able to handle thick batters well.
- This product is made of BPA free plastic.
- This pancake batter dispenser might be damaged if you put it in the dishwasher, according to some customer reviews.
4. Best Stainless Steel: GEETEST 800ml Stainless Steel Pancake Batter Dispenser
Do you want to go with a pancake batter dispenser that’s made of stainless steel? Well, this one is made of food grade stainless steel that’s resistant to corrosion. Also, the batter outlet is made of food grade silicone to help ensure there won’t be any leaks and messes while you make yummy pancakes and other treats.
Thanks to the wide mouth opening, you can pour batter into this dispenser without worrying so much about making a mess. And with this dispenser, you can also easily control the amount of batter that’s released, thanks to the handle that is spring-loaded.
- This pancake batter dispenser can hold 3 cups of batter.
- The wide mouth opening helps ensure you won’t make a mess when pouring your batter into it.
- The spring-loaded handle makes it easy to release just the right amount of batter.
- This product features stainless steel and food grade silicone, so it’s durable and easy to use.
- You might find that the batter doesn’t flow out easily or quickly, according to some customer reviews.
- This pancake batter dispenser might not work well with thick batters.
5. Best Aluminum: Winco B00HFASGM2 Aluminum Pancake Dispenser
This pancake batter dispenser is made of high-grade aluminum, and it’s designed to prevent leaks and clogs. Attractive features include the various settings that help you control the amount of batter that comes out, along with the plunger that works to help ensure you get the right amount each time.
Because you can set this to disperse 1/2 ounce to 8 ounces, you can get the same amount of batter every time you make a pancake. This means all of your pancakes will be the same size, and they’ll be nice and uniform–perfect if you want to create a beautiful presentation for family or guests.
To use this type of dispenser, you simply pour your batter into it, and then you just press the plunger on the top to release the right amount of batter into the pan where you’re cooking up delicious pancakes.
- This pancake batter dispenser is made of durable materials to be long lasting.
- This dispenser allows you to set how much batter comes out each time.
- With this dispenser, you don’t need to worry about messes and leaks.
- This dispenser should be washed by hand with a sponge that isn’t abrasive, so it isn’t a good choice if you want to have something you can put in your dishwasher.
- Drying this dispenser thoroughly right after you wash it can help stop limescale.
6. Best with Brush: NejaMart Pancake Batter Dispenser with Silicone Basting Brush
This dispenser is another product that can help keep things neat and simple when you’re making pancakes and other recipes that require batter. It’s affordably priced and comes with a silicone basting brush.
This pancake batter dispenser is easy to use. All you have to do is squeeze the handle to get the right amount of batter out without any mess. Also, this product is made of stainless steel that is rust resistant, and it has a smooth finish, so it is designed to last a long time.
One thing to keep in mind is that the handle on this dispenser is detachable, so if you want a dispenser that you won’t need to take apart, this one wouldn’t be right for you. On the other hand, by removing the handle, it can become easier to clean and store it.
- This pancake batter dispenser is made of stainless steel.
- The detachable handle makes it easy to store this dispenser when not in use.
- This product comes with a stand and a basting brush.
- Some customer reviews state they were disappointed with the quality of the stand that comes with this dispenser.
- You might need to make sure your batter is thin enough in order to get the best results with this dispenser.
7. Best with Whisk: Whiskware Pancake Batter Mixer and Dispenser with BlenderBall Wire Whisk
For something a little different and super convenient, check out this pancake batter dispenser from Whiskware. When you unscrew the bottom, it can serve as a “bowl,” as you can pour all of your ingredients into it to mix them within the dispenser itself. It has a wide opening to help prevent messes, which is always a plus. So, if you hate having to pour your batter into your dispenser after mixing it in a separate bowl, this product is definitely worth checking out.
What’s also great about this dispenser is that, once all of your ingredients are in, you can toss the stainless steel wire whisk in as well. Then, all you have to do is close the bottle, shake it, and your pancake batter will be mixed quickly and easily. Finally, once your batter is mixed completely, you just unscrew the top to reveal the heat resistant silicone tip, and you squeeze to pour your batter into your pan.
- Because you can use this dispenser to mix your batter together, you don’t need to use any utensils or separate bowls.
- This product is easy to clean and it’s dishwasher safe.
- This type of dispenser can make it easier to get creative with how you pour your batter, allowing you to make fun designs.
- Some customer reviews state they had trouble thoroughly mixing their batter in this dispenser.
8. Best with Measurements: Norpro 1013 Batter Dispenser Clear/Red, 4 cup
This product from Norpro is another option when you want to buy a dispenser that will double as a “mixing bowl.” It can hold up to 4 cups, and what’s also great is that it has measurements in cups, ounces, and milliliters printed on the sides so you can ensure your recipe will come out perfectly.
This product is designed to make it easy for you to get the right amount of batter for each pancake you make. To release the batter, all you have to do is pull the soft grip handle. Then, to stop the release of the batter, you let go of the handle.
- You can mix your ingredients in this dispenser, and then use it to pour just the right amount of batter to make your pancakes.
- This pancake batter dispenser has measurements in cups, ounces, and milliliters printed on two sides.
- The soft grip handle makes it easy and comfortable to pour batter when preparing pancakes and various other recipes.
- Some customer reviews state that the handle breaks too easily.
- Like other pancake batter dispensers, this one might work best with batters that are thinner.
Things to look out for:
When you’re shopping for a good quality pancake batter dispenser, there are a few things to think about. Here are some features we recommend looking for:
First off, consider the material that you want your pancake batter dispenser to be made of. Would you prefer one that’s made of plastic or do you prefer stainless steel or aluminum, for example? There are pros and cons to consider with each of these, so keep them in mind as you shop.
Another thing to consider is the overall design of the pancake batter dispenser. Do you want one that has a handle on the side that you can press to release the batter, or do you think you’d find it easier if there was a mechanism you could push from the top instead?
Yet another feature to consider is whether you want measurements printed on the side of the dispenser. This might come in handy if you’re going to be using the dispenser itself to mix your batter, or if you want to keep track of how much batter you’re releasing each time.
Some pancake batter dispensers work better with thinner batters, so if you’re planning on using a thick batter, it’s a good idea to ensure a dispenser will be able to handle it. Some will hold a larger amount of batter than others. And still others might come with accessories that can help you prepare your pancakes and desserts more easily.
Once you’ve thought about all of the features that you want in a pancake batter dispenser, it should be easier to narrow down your options. No matter what, it should be designed to be comfortable to use, and it should be easy to clean too.
Photo credit: Ivana Lalicki/Shutterstock