Do you absolutely love brioche and wish you could have it whenever you want? Then it’s worth getting a brioche pan that will let you bake your own brioche at home. Featuring fluted sides, these pans have a wider diameter at the top than they do at the bottom, and they can give you the classic and fun French brioche shape you want.
You can find brioche pans made of a range of materials, from aluminum and steel to silicone, and there are also nonstick options available too, so you can decide which one you want to go with.
When shopping for a brioche pan, you’ll quickly realize that you can also find pans of varying sizes. So if you want to make a mini brioche that’s around 3 inches wide or a large one that is closer to 9 inches wide at the top, you definitely have options. And you might even opt to buy more than one size so you can have them all on hand in case you need them.
Once you buy a brioche pan, you don’t need to restrict yourself to only making this bread in it either. You can use the same pan to prepare a lot of other yummy treats, so go ahead and get creative!
What are some of the best brioche pans that are available, and what are some of the main things that you should try looking for as you shop for one? Check out the list of items and tips below to get an idea of what’s out there. Happy shopping!
1. Editor’s Choice: Browne 7″ Fluted Brioche Mould
When you are searching for a basic brioche pan that will get the job done, this one can be a good place to start. Although this particular model measures 7” in diameter, you can also select from various other sizes. For example, if you want to go with a smaller one, there are a few options you can go with, and if you want to make a larger brioche, there is an 8” option as well. Or, you might even opt to buy one of each so you have just the right size whenever you need it!
This is a fluted brioche mold that has 14 ribs and a flat bottom. Its interior is nonstick, so your bread should release quite easily when it is done cooling. Overall, it gives you what you need to prepare your favorite brioche recipe, especially if you want to make a larger bread that your whole family can enjoy.
- This fluted brioche pan measures 7”, but it is also available in several other sizes.
- This brioche pan has a nonstick interior to help make it easier to release your bread when it is done baking and cooling.
- Depending on your budget, this brioche pan might be too expensive, as you only get one pan rather than a set of pans.
2. Runner Up: Paderno Brioche Mold Non Stick Tinned Steel – 4″ (100mm)
Another brioche pan you might want to consider is this one, which will make a smaller brioche. The top diameter of this mold measures 4”, while the bottom of it measures 2⅛” in diameter. Whether you prefer smaller molds or you want to add this size to your collection of brioche pans, it might be just what you need.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind before you decide to purchase this brioche pan. First off, even though it does have a nonstick coating that can make your life easier when it comes to releasing the brioche from the mold, it doesn’t provide any protection from potentially damaging moisture. So, you should take care to properly wash and completely dry this product. Also, it is made of tinned steel, so it is not made of stainless steel. If you would prefer a stainless steel brioche pan, this one might disappoint you.
- This brioche pan measures 4”, so it can be a good size if you don’t want one that’s too large or too small.
- This brioche pan has a nonstick coating, which can certainly be convenient when baking.
- You need to make sure to completely wipe this brioche pan to dry it and protect it against moisture.
3. Best Nonstick: Brund Brioche Mould, 8″, Black
The Brund by SCANPAN products, like this brioche pan, are designed in Denmark with a focus on quality, ease of use, and affordability. This particular brioche mold is made of alloy steel to be durable. It measures 8” and is oven safe to 450°F, so it can help you make a good sized brioche for your family or your guests.
We also like that this brioche pan is dishwasher safe, as that makes it much easier to clean when you are done using it. Plus, it has a nonstick surface that is PFOA free, so that will help ensure ease of release of your brioche, as well as promote ease of cleaning.
- This brioche pan has a PFOA free nonstick surface.
- You can clean this brioche pan in your dishwasher.
- This brioche pan measures 8” and it is made of alloy steel.
- This brioche pan is available in only one size.
4. Best Silicone: Silikomart Silicone Classic Collection Brioche Pan, 9-Inch
Do you prefer using silicone bakeware whenever possible? In that case, you might want to give this brioche pan a try, as it is made of 100% food grade silicone that can be durable and flexible for ease of use. This particular brioche pan is made in Italy, and it measures around 8.66” in diameter and 3.15” tall.
This silicone brioche pan is super flexible and it has a glossy surface that helps make release of your baked bread easier, so if you have been disappointed with other types of brioche pans, you might want to give this one a try.
What’s also nice about this brioche pan is that it comes with a special fiberglass ring that you can easily set into place and remove, as needed, to make your silicone mold even more stable and secure as you move it into and out of your oven, refrigerator, microwave, or freezer. And when you need to clean it, you can pop it in your dishwasher to keep things simple.
- This durable and flexible brioche pan is made of food grade silicone that is smokeless, odorless, and will not affect the taste of your food.
- You can use this product in the oven and microwave, and you can also place it in the freezer or refrigerator.
- This brioche pan is dishwasher safe for ease of cleaning.
- This brioche pan is only available in one size.
5. Best Multi-Pack: tegongse 12 Pcs/Pack Non-stick Brioche Molds
If you want to be able to buy multiple brioche pans at the same time for an affordable price, this set of 12 is worth checking out. These can be used to bake brioche and a variety of desserts, and they have a nonstick bottom that helps ensure whatever you bake is easy to release from the pan.
One thing to keep in mind is that these are quite small. Each one measures around 2.56” in diameter at the top, and they are around 0.83” tall. But if you like baking up a lot of little brioche buns, this might be exactly what you are looking for.
- This brioche pan set gives you 12 pieces for an affordable price.
- These brioche pans have a nonstick bottom that helps make releasing your baked goods easier.
- These brioche pans are designed to be easy to clean.
- If you don’t need that many brioche pans, this multi-pack may give you too many.
- These brioche pans might be too small for some bakers.
6. Best Molds: Tezzorio 6-Cavity Brioche Silicone Baking Mold
When you want to bake up more than one brioche at the same time so you can get more of them done in a shorter amount of time and with much less effort, a baking mold like this one can come in handy. It has six cavities, and it is made of food grade silicone that is nonstick and flexible.
What’s nice about this silicone mold is that it is really flexible, as well as odorless, non-toxic, smokeless, and safe for use in your oven, microwave, refrigerator, and freezer. It will not affect the flavor of your brioche, and it will also help ensure the bread is easy to release when it is done baking and cooling. In fact, you might not even need to use any baking spray to ensure your baked goods won’t stick to the mold.
Finally, we also like that this brioche mold is designed to be easy to clean, as it is dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to wash this by hand if you don’t want to.
- With this silicone baking mold, you can make six baked goods at the same time.
- This product is made of food grade silicone that helps ensure the food will release easily.
- This brioche mold is dishwasher safe.
- To use and wash a silicone baking mold properly, you do need to follow some instructions, so be sure to read the manufacturer’s recommendations to get the best results.
7. Best Mini: Gobel 3-1/2-Inch Brioche Mold, Set of 4, Nonstick
Yet another option when you want to make a mini brioche is this pan, which measures around 3½” in diameter and 1¾” tall. But the nice thing with this option is that you get a set of four nonstick pans, so you can buy your set once rather than needing to buy each of the pans separately.
These pans feature a traditional brioche shape, and they are made in France. They also feature a nonstick surface that is resistant to abrasion. They are designed to be durable and easy to use, but they are not dishwasher safe, so you will need to wash them by hand when you are done using them.
- You get a total of four mini brioche pans for one low price.
- Each pan in this set measures a little over 3”, so this is a great choice if you want to make more than one mini brioche.
- These pans have a nonstick surface that makes it easy to get your brioche out of the pan when it’s done baking.
- These are mini brioche pans, so if you want larger baked goods, be aware that these wouldn’t be the right way to go.
- This set of brioche pans is not dishwasher safe, so they need to be washed thoroughly by hand.
8. Best Baking Cups: Freshware Silicone Baking Cups [12-Pack]
Baking cups can be easy to use, and these colorful little silicone molds might be exactly what you need if you want to make mini brioche using silicone bakeware. Each one measures around 3” in diameter on top and 1.8” in diameter on the bottom, and they are roughly 1.2” tall. So, you can use these to bake the perfect little desserts and breads for your family and friends. Plus, because you get a pack of 12, you can efficiently make a dozen at once if you wish.
These brioche molds are made of 100% European LFGB grade silicone that can pass the pinch test. Plus, they are nonstick and flexible, so getting each brioche out of its mold should also be quick and easy. And, in addition to being safe for your oven, freezer, and microwave, you can put these in your dishwasher, so cleanup is a snap.
- You get 12 mini silicone brioche molds for a low price, and they feature a variety of bright colors.
- These molds are made of LFGB grade silicone that is BPA free and doesn’t contain any fillers or additives.
- Each cup measures 3” in diameter.
- You can put these silicone baking cups in your dishwasher to clean them.
- These silicone cups pass the pinch test.
- Some customer reviews state that they were unhappy with the size of these molds, so be sure you want brioche molds that are quite small before purchasing them.
- Some people might find these harder to use and clean than other brioche pans.
Things to look out for:
Whenever you are shopping for any kind of cookware or bakeware, you want to be sure that you check features carefully. That way, you can rest assured you are making a smart decision, especially since there are so many products on the market these days, and it can quickly get confusing if you’re trying to narrow them down to the highest quality items. So, what are some of the things to look out for? Well, we recommend looking into the following:
First, consider the size of the brioche pan. Do you want one that will bake up a large loaf or do you want one that will make mini loaves? As you can see from the list of products we compiled above, there are quite a few options out there, and you can purchase sets of brioche pans that can help you save money.
Speaking of brioche pan sets, if you think that you will want to bake up batches of this tasty bread, definitely consider going with a multi-pack. That way, when you are ready to bake, you can put multiple pans into the oven at the same time and bake them all at once rather than needing to use a single pan multiple times, which would take longer.
Also, think about the material that you want the brioche pan to be made of. Do you prefer a metal pan that has a nonstick coating or do you like using food grade silicone baking products instead? Either way, you want to be sure that the pan is designed to make it easy to release the bread once it is done baking and has cooled enough. The last thing you’d want is for your bread to stick to the pan, making a mess and ruining your brioche.
Finally, consider how easy your brioche pan will be to clean. If you want a product that you’ll be able to just put in your dishwasher, definitely keep an eye out for that feature. Otherwise, you may need to hand wash the pan.
Photo credit: rontav/Shutterstock