The holiday season is slowly creeping in and with it comes awesome sous vide deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. And considering that the popularity of the sous vide cooking technique is only growing, it’s no surprise that more and more of these nifty gadgets are finding their way to sales spotlight. Each year brings a new pricier sous vide product at a significant discount, followed by tons of sous vide accessories and items that cost up to half less than usual. Now, as Christmas is getting near and we’re all looking to do some last minute gift shopping, it’s just the right time to browse the Cyber Monday 2019 sales in search for some hard to pass sous vide deals.
For the annual Cyber Monday sales, Anova is being especially generous with their customers- as they’re not just offering discounts on one of their bestselling items, but all of them! You can save up to 40 percent on the most popular products, including their immersion circulators: the newbie-friendly Anova Nano, Anova Precision Cooker for all levels of skills and sous vide experience, and the Anova Precision Cooker Pro for the more demanding users. To boot, Anova Vacuum Sealer is also being offered up for grabs, both on its own and in a super affordable bundle with the Nano immersion circulator, for beginners who want a budget-friendly starter kit.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to sous vide: from juicy steaks to otherworldly desserts, this French cooking technique gives you the opportunity to prepare almost anything and end up with restaurant-worthy results. One of those things is egg bites! Nutritious and healthy, egg bites are even more delicious when prepared sous vide. In case you are looking for leaner but yummy ideas for breakfast or lunch, this inexpensive mold will open a world of possibility: just mix the eggs and pick your “addons”. To boot, since it is made from silicone, this mold is non-stick and super easy to clean after use.
With 1000 watts of power, this sous vide cooker can evenly circulate over 6 gallons of water and keep the temperature even throughout. If you need a reliable immersion circulator that can handle big family dinners, FEBOTE Sous Vide Precision Cooker won’t disappoint. The programmable timer lets you set it up to do its magic anywhere from a minute to 99 hours, and the temperature range between 32 and 203 degrees Fahrenheit ensures that you can customize the settings to suit every recipe. It doesn’t have bells and whistles such as WiFi connectivity or remote control, but for many, that’s an advantage rather than a downside.
The Geek Chef replaces 11 different appliances with its multifunctional features- it will save you a massive amount of money and space. This impressive kitchen gadget is ideal if you are curious to try out sous vide but can’t justify getting a separate gadget just for that purpose alone, be it because of lack of storage space or a tight budget. Geek Chef 6 will give you the option to cook sous vide, but it will also serve as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, soup cooker, yogurt maker and many other kitchen gadgets. A sound investment, especially at this special price!
If you want an eco-friendlier and money-saving alternative to vacuuming disposable bags when you sous vide, reusable silicone bags are the way to go. Not only that this is the “greener” option, but it will also eliminate the need for additional purchases such as a vacuum sealer or rolls of bags every time you cook. In this kit, you get 15 bags you can reuse again and again, as well as a hand pump you can use to suck out the air out of the bags before submerging them in a hot water bath.
You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who wouldn’t want an Instant Pot in their kitchen, and with savings up to 47 percent, now is the perfect time to get one for yourself. Available in capacities of 3qt, 6qt, and 8qt, this multi-functional kitchen appliance might not have a dedicated setting for sous vide, but this can be worked around if you plan on using it for this purpose. If not, there are still 10 different cooking presets to choose from- which effectively replace the majority of popular kitchen gadgets with one compact unit.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro at sous vide cooking and want to upgrade your beginner set up with some fancier products, or if you are looking to start your sous vide cooking journey, we’ve got you covered. You might even be looking to give your loved one a gift that keeps on giving and treat them with a sous vide gadget this Christmas and you’re not sure where to start looking. Our comprehensive reviews and guides will get you through everything you need to know about sous vide in general, but we’ve also prepared this short buying guide to help you make a quick but smart decision on which products to buy during Cyber Monday sales and which to skip on.
Sous Vide Holiday Gift Buying Guide
Sous vide cooking is extremely simple, even if the masterchef-worthy meals this method produces don’t indicate it. The hardest part about it is figuring out what is the best equipment to buy and which sous products are essential and which are just a fad. If you’re just starting out and buying your first sous vide setup or if you’re looking to get someone else started in sous vide, here’s everything you need to get started. These sous vide must haves will also be a part of the Cyber Monday 2019 sales, so it’s highly likely you’ll get to score one of these items for less just in time for Christmas.
|Sous Vide Machine||View on Amazon|
Read Our Review
|Water Container||View on Amazon|
Sous Vide Ping Pong Balls
|Container Lid||View on Amazon|
FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Kit
|Vacuum Sealer||View on Amazon|
Learn Sous Vide
|Cookbook||View on Amazon|
|Cooking Oil||View on Amazon|
- Sous Vide Machine – of course to get started, you need a sous vide machine. This is really the bare minimum required, but everything else makes cooking much easier and more reliable. You can pick between a sous vide immersion circulator and a sous vide oven. The latter is the bulkier, more expensive option, which is why most beginners opt for a trusty immersion circulator. There are plenty of options to choose from, depending on your budget- from wireless smartphone-operated Joule to simple and basic Gourmia models for undemanding users.
- Water Container – having a dedicated polycarbonate water container is not a prerequisite but it very nice to have. They come at different volumes, so you can make sure that the container you use is perfectly tailored to your sous vide needs. You can make sure your food isn’t floating easily, and it doesn’t take up a pot or other container you may need for other purposes.
- Container Lid – having a lid for your container (or even a layer of ping pong balls!) will help keep the water a consistent temperature by preventing heat loss. This also means your sous vide machine doesn’t need to work as hard, potentially extending its lifetime. There are specially designed containers with lids that fit most immersion circulators, but cutting out a hole on the lid for your sous vide device to fit shouldn’t be a problem in most cases.
- Vacuum Sealer – you can use a ziplock bag to seal your food, but the best, most secure way is to use a vacuum sealer. These inexpensive gadgets use rolls of bags you can cut to desired size and suck out the air for a perfect fit. A vacuum sealer gets the most air out of the bag which means it won’t float and all the contents of the bag will be cooked to a consistent temperature. Less mess and better taste- what’s not to love about that?
- Cookbook – new to sous vide? I wrote a book for that! Learn Sous Vide is available as a physical book, Kindle book, or full-color and printable PDF. It features helpful temperature cooking charts and awesome recipes. And if you already have my cookbook and guide to sous vide and want to explore some more, there are plenty of other options to choose from.
- Avocado Oil – if you’re looking to sear your meat after it’s done in the sous vide bath, you’re going to want a high-smoke point oil so your house doesn’t fill with smoke. Avocado has the highest smoke point of any readily available cooking oil, so it’s nice to have.