Did you not learn your lesson about trying to cook up a big family meal when you don’t have the right kitchen equipment, last year? Be honest, trying to skooch a hot turkey over so you can clear room in the oven for that squash casserole (that takes forever to bake) really takes the fun out of what should be a joyous family gathering, doesn’t it? That’s why its time to work smarter, not harder. And when it comes to kitchens and cooking, that means shopping for those gadgets and small appliances that can help get the job done quickly, efficiently, and with time to spare.
Now if the first word that comes to mind is “budget”, Amazon’s Cyber Monday is about to become your favorite day of the year because it brings together hundreds of your favorite brand names and thousands of deals on items you only dreamed about adding to your culinary arsenal.
Best of all, although it officially lands on Monday, November 30, you’ll find that rock bottom pricing and new deals start popping up as early as Saturday, November 28. Just think of how easy our day would have been if you’d had an Instant Pot to prep the veg, a Sous Vide maker to pre-cook some of those sides, or a vacuum sealer so you could quickly and easily deal with all those leftovers? What better time to shop for all those items you wish you’d had handy just a few days ago, than when its fresh in your mind.
And in addition to discounted pricing on an amazing array of items, Amazon is renowned for their Deal of the Day offers that feature special pricing on a number of items for one day only. But there’s even more money to be saved, because with their famous Lightning Deals, Amazon pushes deals out at a rapid-fire rate with items being offered up for sale every 5 to 15 minutes. But plan ahead and watch for those really special items on your must-have list, because they revert back to their original, higher pricing within minutes of being featured. And when they’re gone, they’re gone.
But if you want to hang on to all of those savings, don’t waste them on pesky delivery fees.
Become a Prime member and enjoy loads of perks including complimentary shipping. If you’re not a Prime member yet, it’s snap to join so you can start receiving the benefits with your very first purchase. In addition to free delivery, there’s Prime Video for limitless streaming of movies and TV, as well as Prime Music for unlimited, ad-free listening to hundreds of Prime Playlists. Then there’s the convenience of Prime Fresh and Prime Pantry that let you shop for all your grocery needs on-line, Seriously, everything from packaged essentials to perishable produce. You can even customize your delivery times so they work with your schedule. Still sitting on the fence? Try it out for 30-days free, and if you’re not convinced it’s the best deal in town, you can cancel at any time.
You know it’s time to re-assess those tired kitchen appliances before the holiday season, so why not check out some of our favorite deals?
For the annual Cyber Monday sales, Anova is being especially generous with their customers- as they’re not just offering discounts on one of their bestselling items, but all of them! You can save up to 40 percent on the most popular products, including their immersion circulators: the newbie-friendly Anova Nano, Anova Precision Cooker for all levels of skills and sous vide experience, and the Anova Precision Cooker Pro for the more demanding users. To boot, Anova Vacuum Sealer is also being offered up for grabs, both on its own and in a super affordable bundle with the Nano immersion circulator, for beginners who want a budget-friendly starter kit.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to sous vide: from juicy steaks to otherworldly desserts, this French cooking technique gives you the opportunity to prepare almost anything and end up with restaurant-worthy results. One of those things is egg bites! Nutritious and healthy, egg bites are even more delicious when prepared sous vide. In case you are looking for leaner but yummy ideas for breakfast or lunch, this inexpensive mold will open a world of possibility: just mix the eggs and pick your “addons”. To boot, since it is made from silicone, this mold is non-stick and super easy to clean after use.
With 1000 watts of power, this sous vide cooker can evenly circulate over 6 gallons of water and keep the temperature even throughout. If you need a reliable immersion circulator that can handle big family dinners, FEBOTE Sous Vide Precision Cooker won’t disappoint. The programmable timer lets you set it up to do its magic anywhere from a minute to 99 hours, and the temperature range between 32 and 203 degrees Fahrenheit ensures that you can customize the settings to suit every recipe. It doesn’t have bells and whistles such as WiFi connectivity or remote control, but for many, that’s an advantage rather than a downside.
The Geek Chef replaces 11 different appliances with its multifunctional features- it will save you a massive amount of money and space. This impressive kitchen gadget is ideal if you are curious to try out sous vide but can’t justify getting a separate gadget just for that purpose alone, be it because of lack of storage space or a tight budget. Geek Chef 6 will give you the option to cook sous vide, but it will also serve as a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, soup cooker, yogurt maker and many other kitchen gadgets. A sound investment, especially at this special price!
If you want an eco-friendlier and money-saving alternative to vacuuming disposable bags when you sous vide, reusable silicone bags are the way to go. Not only that this is the “greener” option, but it will also eliminate the need for additional purchases such as a vacuum sealer or rolls of bags every time you cook. In this kit, you get 15 bags you can reuse again and again, as well as a hand pump you can use to suck out the air out of the bags before submerging them in a hot water bath.
You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who wouldn’t want an Instant Pot in their kitchen, and with savings up to 47 percent, now is the perfect time to get one for yourself. Available in capacities of 3qt, 6qt, and 8qt, this multi-functional kitchen appliance might not have a dedicated setting for sous vide, but this can be worked around if you plan on using it for this purpose. If not, there are still 10 different cooking presets to choose from- which effectively replace the majority of popular kitchen gadgets with one compact unit.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro at sous vide cooking and want to upgrade your beginner set up with some fancier products, or if you are looking to start your sous vide cooking journey, we’ve got you covered. You might even be looking to give your loved one a gift that keeps on giving and treat them with a sous vide gadget this Christmas and you’re not sure where to start looking. Our comprehensive reviews and guides will get you through everything you need to know about sous vide in general, but we’ve also prepared this short buying guide to help you make a quick but smart decision on which products to buy during Cyber Monday sales and which to skip on.
Sous Vide Holiday Gift Buying Guide
Sous vide cooking is extremely simple, even if the masterchef-worthy meals this method produces don’t indicate it. The hardest part about it is figuring out what is the best equipment to buy and which sous products are essential and which are just a fad. If you’re just starting out and buying your first sous vide setup or if you’re looking to get someone else started in sous vide, here’s everything you need to get started. These sous vide must haves will also be a part of the Cyber Monday 2019 sales, so it’s highly likely you’ll get to score one of these items for less just in time for Christmas.
|Sous Vide Machine||View Price|
Read Our Review
|Water Container||View Price|
Sous Vide Ping Pong Balls
|Container Lid||View Price|
FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Kit
|Vacuum Sealer||View Price|
Learn Sous Vide
|Cooking Oil||View Price|
- Sous Vide Machine – of course to get started, you need a sous vide machine. This is really the bare minimum required, but everything else makes cooking much easier and more reliable. You can pick between a sous vide immersion circulator and a sous vide oven. The latter is the bulkier, more expensive option, which is why most beginners opt for a trusty immersion circulator. There are plenty of options to choose from, depending on your budget- from wireless smartphone-operated Joule to simple and basic Gourmia models for undemanding users.
- Water Container – having a dedicated polycarbonate water container is not a prerequisite but it very nice to have. They come at different volumes, so you can make sure that the container you use is perfectly tailored to your sous vide needs. You can make sure your food isn’t floating easily, and it doesn’t take up a pot or other container you may need for other purposes.
- Container Lid – having a lid for your container (or even a layer of ping pong balls!) will help keep the water a consistent temperature by preventing heat loss. This also means your sous vide machine doesn’t need to work as hard, potentially extending its lifetime. There are specially designed containers with lids that fit most immersion circulators, but cutting out a hole on the lid for your sous vide device to fit shouldn’t be a problem in most cases.
- Vacuum Sealer – you can use a ziplock bag to seal your food, but the best, most secure way is to use a vacuum sealer. These inexpensive gadgets use rolls of bags you can cut to desired size and suck out the air for a perfect fit. A vacuum sealer gets the most air out of the bag which means it won’t float and all the contents of the bag will be cooked to a consistent temperature. Less mess and better taste- what’s not to love about that?
- Cookbook – new to sous vide? I wrote a book for that! Learn Sous Vide is available as a physical book, Kindle book, or full-color and printable PDF. It features helpful temperature cooking charts and awesome recipes. And if you already have my cookbook and guide to sous vide and want to explore some more, there are plenty of other options to choose from.
- Avocado Oil – if you’re looking to sear your meat after it’s done in the sous vide bath, you’re going to want a high-smoke point oil so your house doesn’t fill with smoke. Avocado has the highest smoke point of any readily available cooking oil, so it’s nice to have.