Whether you are relaxing after a long day, stopping for a short break between tasks on your to-do list, or setting out treats for your guests during a get-together in your home, chocolate candy can satisfy your taste buds and help you feel a little happier. And the best part is that you don’t have to eat a lot of chocolate to get your fix, as even just a small amount could do the trick.
There are so many different chocolate candies that you can choose from. Do you love the combination of coconut and chocolate? How about nuts and chocolate? Or maybe you are a fan of dark chocolate or white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. All of these are options that you can find in stores and online.
From super affordable chocolate to specialty chocolate, this type of candy is a favorite of many, so it is no wonder that there are so many brands to choose from. As you shop, you can consider your preferred flavors, but it is also worth being a little adventurous and trying new flavors every now and then, as you never know if you will find a new favorite by tasting something that you’ve never had before.
Think Beyond the Standard Favorites
Sure, there are plenty of chocolate candies that you can probably think of immediately because they are from brands that are well-known and have been around for a long time. But you don’t need to stick with those options because there are so many other delicious chocolates available. It’s just a matter of looking for them so you can find them, buy them, and try them for yourself. And once you have tried a higher quality chocolate candy, even if it is from a brand that you hadn’t heard of before, you might not want to go back to the chocolate that you used to buy for a super low price at the local grocery store.
When you are shopping for chocolate candy online rather than in stores, you are also more likely to find a wider variety of options that you can choose from. Brands that are not sold in stores and items that are only available online become accessible once you start looking for chocolates on the internet. You might even come across brands that cater to those with special dietary needs, such as vegans, as well as small businesses that carefully make tasty handmade chocolates from scratch.
Start Shopping for Yummy Chocolate Candy Today!
With so many different chocolate candies to choose from, you might start to feel a little confused about which ones to try first, especially if you are shopping on a tight budget or you just don’t want to overdo it when satisfying your sweet tooth. Well, to help you find the perfect chocolate candy that you can set out for everyone to enjoy on an everyday basis, when you are getting ready to host a party, or when you are going to have family over for the holidays, we have compiled the list of chocolate candies below. Check them out and consider giving them a try if you haven’t already.
1. Editor’s Choice: Lindt Swiss Luxury Selection Assorted Chocolates
Lindt is a well-known chocolate brand, and this box is filled with assorted dark, milk, and white chocolate treats. Whether you buy this for yourself or for someone special, you are sure to be impressed by the variety of flavors and the beautiful presentation in the gold box. You can put this box on your table when entertaining guests or you can enjoy a sweet treat whenever you need a break and want to indulge in something delicious.
- This is a praline collection with a variety of flavors.
- This box of delicious chocolates includes white, dark, and milk chocolate treats.
- This is a great choice for anyone who is a fan of Lindt chocolates.
- This box of chocolates is pricier than others that are available.
2. Runner Up: Carian’s Bistro Luxury Selection Chocolate Assortment
Another box of chocolates that is a great option when you want to treat yourself or give it as a gift is this one from Carian’s Bistro. You get 20 pieces of chocolate in a range of yummy flavors to suit every mood and preference. And this box also contains a mix of white, dark, and milk chocolate so everyone in the family can share it and find exactly what they like most. Plus, the delicious flavors that you will find in this box include coffee, hazelnut, strawberry, almond, pistachio, and raspberry.
- This box contains a variety of European chocolates.
- You can indulge in various creamy fillings within milk, white, and dark chocolates.
- These chocolates come in an attractive box that is great for gifting.
- Although you get four pieces of certain flavors, you only get two pieces of other flavors in this box.
3. Best Mix: Astor Chocolate Gourmet Truffles Box
When you are looking for a large box of chocolates that are a mix of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate, this one from Astor Chocolate could be the right choice. You get 29 pieces, with eight flavors that include milk chocolate coconut, dark raspberry pomegranate, white strawberry rose, dark caramel sea salt, and milk hazelnut espresso, to name a few. Plus, these treats are made by a family-owned company in a sustainable facility.
- This box features a variety of delicious Belgian artisanal chocolate.
- You get eight different flavors in this box, which features a mix of dark, white, and milk chocolates.
- These chocolates come in a box that is perfect for gifting.
- If you want more than just eight different flavors, this box wouldn’t be right for you.
4. Best Sugar Free: Jackie’s Chocolate Sugar Free Chocolate Assortment
If you want to buy sugar free chocolate candy for any reason, Jackie’s is a company that has you covered. They make yummy treats for those who need to watch their sugar intake, such as those who have been diagnosed with diabetes or those who are following low-sugar diets for their weight. This box features an assortment of chocolates that are flavorful and made without sugar, so you can go ahead and indulge.
- These chocolates are made without sugar.
- You get a variety of flavors and a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate in each box.
- You get a total of 15 chocolates in each box.
- These chocolates do contain sucralose, which some people might choose to avoid.
5. Best Dark: Ghirardelli Chocolate Intense Dark Chocolate Variety
Another really popular brand of chocolate is Ghirardelli, and this variety pack features three delicious dark chocolate flavors. Made for true dark chocolate lovers, these treats boast 60% or 72% cacao. Also, each chocolate is individually wrapped, so you can pull one out of the bag whenever you want to indulge in something sweet without overdoing it. And even though you don’t get a pretty box like other items on this list, this can still make a great gift for the chocolate lover in your life.
- This assortment of dark chocolates is ideal for those who prefer intense chocolate flavors.
- This is a great choice for anyone who likes Ghirardelli chocolates.
- This bag features multiple unique flavors.
- You only get three different flavors in this package, so if you want more variety, this product might not be right for you.
- If you prefer lighter dark chocolate or milk chocolate, these might be too intense for you.
6. Best White: Godiva Chocolatier Gift Box
Godiva is a beloved chocolate brand that is known for its many amazing flavors. If you love their white chocolate, you can buy a box that is filled with an assortment of this type of treat. You get a total of 22 pieces, with flavors that include White Praline Heart, Hazelnut Praline Raindrop, Twilight Swirl, White Ganache Bliss, Cashew Raspberry Caramel Cluster, and Raspberry Star. Plus, if you like pure white chocolate, this assortment won’t let you down because you also get White Demitasse, which is a solid white chocolate square.
- This box from Godiva features a variety of their gourmet white chocolates.
- You get 22 pieces of chocolate in an attractive box that’s perfect for gifting.
- This is one of the more expensive boxes of chocolate on this list.
7. Best Vegan: No Whey Foods – Chocolate Truffle Collection
The nice thing about vegan chocolate candy is the fact that just about everyone can dig into it for a sweet and tasty treat. No Whey Foods offers this collection of 24 vegan chocolates in various flavors. More specifically, there are five flavors in this box of truffles, and they are Grand Marnier, raspberry, coffee, salted caramel, and “milk” fudge. These chocolates are suitable for vegans, as well as anyone who is lactose intolerant – and non-vegans can certainly enjoy them too.
- This box of vegan truffles is allergen free and gluten free.
- These chocolates are made with natural ingredients.
- This is a more expensive option compared to other boxes of assorted chocolates.
- There are only five different flavors in this box, so if you want more variety, you might be disappointed.
8. Best Individually Wrapped: UNREAL Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars
This is another vegan and gluten free option that everyone can indulge in. You get the yummy combination of dark chocolate and coconut. Also, these contain organic ingredients, and you won’t find any corn syrup or sugar alcohols in them. Each piece of chocolate is individually wrapped so you can enjoy these treats when you are on the go, or you can tell yourself that you will eat just one (or two) to stop yourself from eating too many. Plus, because they are small, you can satisfy your craving for something sweet without overindulging.
- These chocolates are perfect for anyone who loves coconut and chocolate together.
- These mini chocolate bars are vegan and consist of just three ingredients: organic coconut, organic cassava syrup, and dark chocolate.
- These chocolates come individually wrapped.
- These chocolates don’t come in a pretty box like others on this list.
- Some people might not like how small these chocolates are.
Things to look out for:
As you shop for the right chocolate candy, there are a few things to keep in mind. Sure, this might seem like a simple thing to buy, but when you really think about it, there are certain features that are worth considering. For example, you might want to think about the following:
First, consider if anyone who will be eating the chocolate candy has any dietary preferences or food allergies. Let’s say that you are going to be hosting a party and you are planning to have a lot of family and friends over. If you want to set out some candy for everyone to enjoy but there are people who are allergic to nuts, it is best to stick with chocolates that don’t contain any nuts. That way, everyone can enjoy the treats without needing to worry about anyone getting hurt. As another example, if there are going to be vegans at your party, you will want to give them options so they can indulge in some tasty chocolate too. Thankfully, there are plenty of vegan options available these days, in addition to traditional dark chocolate that may not contain any dairy ingredients.
When shopping for chocolate candy, read through ingredients lists carefully to be sure you won’t be eating anything you want to avoid. As mentioned above, some people have specific dietary preferences, while others are allergic or intolerant to certain ingredients, such as dairy or gluten. But in addition to that, you might want to avoid ingredients like artificial colors or flavors, or you might want to steer clear of artificial sweeteners. The only way you will know if a chocolate candy is right for you is by looking through the ingredients carefully, so it is definitely worth taking the time to do so.
Looking through ingredients is even more important if you are aiming to purchase the highest quality chocolates with premium ingredients, non-GMO ingredients, or organic ingredients. You can even find chocolates that are low in sugar or sugar free to be suitable for anyone who is on a diet or needs to closely monitor their sugar intake for any reason. Basically, if you want the most natural candy possible, you should be able to read through the ingredients and easily recognize each one.
Chocolate candy doesn’t have to be boring either. Look for chocolates that come in fun shapes, that vary in size, and that even boast some colorful designs. If you are shopping for handmade or gourmet chocolates, you are more likely to come across some interesting pieces, and you might be able to purchase a mix of flavors or stick with a single type of flavor that you think your whole family will love digging into.
In addition to all of that, consider the size of the chocolate candy that you want to buy. Do you want large candy or mini candy? Do you want to buy a big bag of chocolate candy or do you want to buy a small box of chocolates? This can help you narrow your options as well.
And, of course, you can also consider how much you plan to spend on chocolate candy. You might be surprised by how much candy could cost, especially if it is a package of gourmet chocolates. If you have a budget in mind, you can keep yourself in check when it comes to how much candy you bring home and consume – and that can be good for your waistline as well as your wallet.
If you are planning on buying chocolate candy as a gift for someone special, consider the packaging that it comes in. Sure, the packaging should be able to keep the chocolate candy nice and fresh until you are ready to eat it, but if it’s eye-catching and pretty, it will make your gift recipient feel even more special.
Finally, if you are not sure if a new chocolate will match your flavor preferences, you could always read through some customer reviews. Others who have already tried the candy might be able to give you some insight into the texture and flavor of a particular chocolate so you can decide if you want to try it too.
Photo credit: Billion Photos/Shutterstock