Few things are sweeter than sitting down, alone or with company, to enjoy a warm and flavorful cup of tea. An herbal tea can be super relaxing, while a caffeinated one can help give you the energy you need without having to turn to coffee. But no matter how or why you drink tea, if you don’t have a tea set, it is worth considering buying one.
When you have a lovely tea set, you can turn to it whenever you want to make yourself a delicious cup of your favorite tea, and it can also be a stylish way to entertain guests if you set it out on the table when serving tea. Rather than using your everyday mugs, the right set can make the experience even more enjoyable for everyone.
Plus, when you buy a good quality tea set, you will immediately have everything that is necessary to serve tea to your guests in style, so you won’t have to worry about purchasing all of the pieces separately – and because of that, you might even end up saving money in the long run by purchasing a complete set that you can use again and again.
So Many Beautiful Tea Sets to Choose From!
Because there are so many different tea sets to choose from, you can decide on the style that you like best. And you can find styles ranging from elegant and traditional to sleek and modern. Whether you want something that will stand out against the rest of your kitchen décor and mugs or you want something that will blend in beautifully is entirely up to you. As long as you take some time to check out the many options that are out there, you are sure to find something that you love.
In addition to the overall look of a tea set, you can also narrow your options down by focusing on the materials that a set is made of. For instance, do you want a cast iron teapot or would you prefer one that is clear so you can see the tea inside? Many people decide to go with delicate porcelain tea sets because they are so eye-catching and sophisticated in appearance. There really is something for everyone, and with so many gorgeous tea sets, you might find yourself buying more than one so you have something to suit every mood and occasion.
Plus, as you will see when looking through the list of products below, there are tea sets that go beyond just giving you a teapot and a few cups. Some of them come with lovely serving trays made of wood, while others come with dessert stands that you can use to serve fruits, cupcakes, and other treats to your guests while you are enjoying tea at home together. It is up to you to decide what you want your tea set to include, whether you want a basic set or one with extras.
Generally, a basic tea set will give you a teapot with matching cups, and some will also include saucers, but this may depend on the style you go with. A set might also come with small dishes that you can use to serve sweets to your guests. Or, you could opt for a set that provides a matching sugar bowl and small milk jug as well. As you can imagine, all of these pieces together will make for an eye-catching display on your table when you are entertaining guests for afternoon tea or a dinner party.
Start Shopping for the Perfect Tea Set
Now that you know a bit about the many benefits of having a tea set at home, it is time to start looking at some of the many options that are out there. Whether you are planning on buying a tea set for yourself or you are hoping to give one to someone special as a gift, you might start to feel a little overwhelmed once you see the myriad products that are available. So, to help you out, we have put together the list of attractive tea sets below. Each set has its own unique features and pros and cons to weigh, so you can decide which one you like best.
1. Editor’s Choice: Royal Albert Miranda Kerr Everyday Friendship 15-Piece Tea Set
This tea set features a pretty floral design and beautiful colors. It also gives you everything that you would need to give several guests some warm tea to enjoy. You get a total of 15 pieces, which include a teapot, sugar bowl, creamer jug, four teacups, four saucers, and four salad plates. All of the pieces match perfectly, making for an eye-catching presentation when serving tea and dessert to your family and friends. Keep this collection on display or safely stored away in between uses.
- This tea set includes 15 pieces, and each one has a colorful floral and butterfly design.
- The pieces in this tea set are made of porcelain.
- The items in this tea set are both dishwasher safe and microwave safe.
- This tea set features a feminine design that might not suit all styles.
2. Runner Up: Taimei Teatime Ceramic Japanese Tea Set
For a more Asian inspired design, check out this tea set, which comes with four teacups, a stainless steel tea strainer, a teapot, and a tea tray. These items are made of ceramic, and they feature a bold blue color with a white floral design. The pattern is hand-painted and these pieces are so attractive that they can be set out on display when they are not in use. Plus, these items are dishwasher safe for simple cleanup.
- This ceramic tea set is free of lead and cadmium.
- The stainless steel tea strainer is great for loose leaf teas.
- This set comes with a tray that can make serving tea to guests even easier.
- This tea set is not microwave safe.
- The teapot should not be used on the stove.
3. Best Glass: Teabloom Complete Tea Set
The great thing about glass tea sets is that they are see-through and you can view gorgeous blooming teas and really impress your guests. With this set, you get a glass teapot with a lid, a loose leaf tea glass infuser, four double-walled glass cups, 12 blooming tea flowers, and a tea warmer with a candle. All of the pieces are made of heat-resistant borosilicate glass. Plus, the teapot has a dripless spout and an ergonomic handle.
- This glass tea set is perfect for beautiful flowering teas, loose leaf teas, and teas in bags.
- These items are made of borosilicate glass that is heat-resistant and lead-free.
- This set includes flowering tea blossoms, so you can try a range of flavors.
- This set is dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and stovetop safe.
- The cups don’t have handles, so they might not be the preferred design for some people.
4. Best Ceramic: ZENS Ceramic Teapot with Infuser
This ceramic tea set is elegant and modern, with a basic white look that can make it blend in with the rest of your design and décor when entertaining. You can use loose teas and blooming teas in the pot that comes with this set, but it is not see-through. In addition to the teapot, which features a wood handle, you also get a stainless steel strainer and four white teacups that match the teapot perfectly.
- This tea set features a contemporary Japanese style.
- This set features lead-free ceramic.
- The tea set is dishwasher safe.
- The teapot should not be heated on the stove.
- The wooden handle on the teapot should be removed before washing it.
- This set does not come with as many pieces as other tea sets.
5. Best Cast Iron: RekRang Longevity Crane Cast Iron Teapot Set
This tea set is sure to impress, with its deep black color and gold accents. Featuring a hand-painted design, the pot and cups match beautifully. The cups are made of double-layer stainless steel, while the pot is made of cast iron, so this set is durable and stylish at the same time. And you can use the pot on a variety of stoves, including gas and electric, which is certainly convenient.
- This tea set includes a teapot, four teacups, a copper fork, a stainless steel infuser, and a trivet.
- You can use this cast iron teapot on the stove.
- This tea set is not dishwasher safe.
6. Best with Dessert Stand: fanquare Vintage Porcelain Tea Set for 6
If you would prefer a vintage design for your tea set, this option might suit you perfectly. You get a teapot, six teacups, six saucers, six spoons, a sugar bowl, a milk jug, and three ceramic plates. Plus, you even get a matching cupcake stand that has three layers on which you can set sandwiches, desserts, fruits, and other treats to go along with your afternoon tea. All of the pieces match perfectly, with a floral design and gold accents for a truly elegant look.
- This tea set is made of fine china that is lead-free, and it features a vintage design.
- The items in this tea set are dishwasher safe.
- This set includes a cupcake tower.
- This tea set is pricier than others so it might not fit all budgets.
7. Best with Tray: Dujust Japanese Tea Set
This is another white tea set, but because of the floral design, it has a little something extra that can make it look even prettier when set out on your table. You get a teapot, six cups, a stainless steel filter, and a wooden tray that will comfortably hold the pot and the cups, making it easy to serve tea to all of your guests. And because the teapot has a rope handle, you can hold it comfortably without worrying about it being too hot.
- This Japanese tea set features a simple yet elegant design.
- Unlike other tea sets that only give you four teacups, you get six cups with this set.
- This porcelain tea set is free of lead and cadmium.
- This tea set is not microwave safe.
8. Best Modern Style: Primula Half Moon Teapot Set with 4 Tea Cups
For something a bit different and more modern in design, you can check out this attractive tea set, which is a combination of clear glass and black plastic. It includes a glass teapot, four cups that are also clear and have handles, and a stainless steel mesh infuser. You can watch the tea as it steeps, and you can use your favorite loose leaf teas with ease.
- This tea set is made of glass and has a unique design.
- You can use loose leaf tea, as well as bags and flowering teas in this teapot.
- This set is dishwasher safe.
- The teapot in this set should not be used on the stove.
- The black frame is made of plastic.
Things to look out for:
Shopping for a tea set might not seem so complicated at first, but once you dive in and start looking at the many sets that are for sale online and in stores, you might begin to wonder which one is the right one for you. Well, by simply keeping the following in mind while you shop, you might find it a lot easier to narrow your options down to the ones that are most suitable:
First, consider the style of the tea set that you plan on purchasing. Do you want something that is really modern or would you prefer something traditional? Perhaps you love the look of vintage tea sets or those that remind you of afternoon tea in England. Or, maybe you want to go with an Asian tea set, so you would look specifically for Japanese tea sets.
No matter which style you’re leaning towards, consider how it will look in your space. Will it match the rest of the décor, making it possible to keep the set on display at all times? Or is it something that you want to bring out only for special occasions to add a little something special to your table when you have guests over?
In addition to the style, also consider the material that a tea set is made of. Ceramic, porcelain, and fine bone china are beautiful but you might need to be a bit more gentle with them to be sure they don’t break. When it comes to teapots, cast iron can be a great option for those who want to be able to put the pot right on the stove. And, as you can see in the list above, there are glass teapots that are super fun because you can see through to the tea that is inside.
As you consider the style and materials of your tea set, also bear in mind that some might not be dishwasher safe. This might or might not influence your decision, but if this is important to you because you want to be able to just put your set in the dishwasher for easy cleanup, be sure to read the product details carefully.
Next, think about how many pieces you want your tea set to include, and which pieces you want it to include. As mentioned above, there are many sets that come with neat extras, but if you want a basic tea set that will serve just a few people, you can definitely find that easily as well. Think about how many guests you typically serve, and use that as a starting point in your search. Consider, too, how easy it is to buy additional cups and saucers if you ever need them. For instance, can you buy them separately in case you need more because of additional guests or because you need to replace a cup that broke?
Finally, figure out how much you plan to spend on a tea set. If the sky’s the limit, that’s great because you can go for the most expensive set that you love without holding yourself back. On the other hand, if you are shopping on a tight budget, you might find that a lot of tea sets are out of your reach. It’s entirely up to you to decide what your budget will be, and this step can be an easy way to hone in on the tea sets that are going to match your wants and needs.
Photo credit: petereleven/Shutterstock