When you want to indulge in some delicious wine while spending time outside, whether when you’re having a picnic at the park or a get-together in your backyard, a good quality wine tumbler can come in really handy. You don’t need to worry about using a delicate wine glass, and a tumbler that is insulated can help keep your drink at the right temperature. Plus, a durable tumbler will be easy to hold and less likely to end up breaking if you drop it. And, of course, if you want to enjoy a different beverage in your wine tumbler, such as juice or water, you can certainly do that.
As you shop for a wine tumbler, you’ll notice that they are typically made of stainless steel, and they come in various sizes, designs, and shapes. You can also find products that come with lids, which can make it easier to enjoy your wine without worrying about it accidentally spilling and causing a mess.
If you aren’t sure where to begin when it comes to buying a wine tumbler, we are here to help you get started. Below is a list of eight items that we think are worth your consideration when you want a tumbler that will be stylish, convenient, and long lasting. So, what are you waiting for? Keep reading to get a sense of the many different wine tumblers you can choose from today.
1. Editor’s Choice: Swig Life 14oz Wine Tumbler with Lid
Do you want an insulated wine tumbler that also comes with a lid to help ensure your wine can be enjoyed at the right temperature? Then this tumbler from Swig Life is worth checking out. It is triple insulated, double-walled, copper plated, and vacuum sealed, and it boasts high-quality stainless steel. All of this means that it can help keep your beverage cold for up to nine hours, but if you want to pour a hot drink into it, it can also help keep it hot for up to three hours.
This wine tumbler, which is available in multiple color options, can hold 14 ounces of your favorite drink, so that’s about two glasses of wine. It also has a silicone base that could help it stay in place without sliding when you set it down.
We also like that this wine tumbler comes with a slider lid that can help prevent spills and is removable and easy to use. Then, when you are done using it, you can pop it in your dishwasher to clean it thoroughly.
- This stainless steel wine tumbler can hold 14 ounces, has a silicone base, and comes with a BPA free lid.
- This wine tumbler can be washed in your dishwasher.
- This tumbler can help keep your drink at the right temperature for several hours because it features triple insulated technology.
- Some customer reviews state that they were not satisfied with the quality of the silicone base on this wine tumbler.
2. Runner Up: Clear Water Home Goods – 16 oz Stainless Steel Wine Tumbler with Lid
This is another wine tumbler that comes in a variety of colors that you can choose from. It can hold 16 ounces, it is made of stainless steel, it is lead free, and it is powder coated.
We also like that this wine tumbler can help keep your beverage at the right temperature, thanks to the double-wall vacuum insulation. So, you can sip on your wine slowly without needing to worry about it getting too warm right away.
Plus, this tumbler also comes with a locking lid that is clear and BPA free, so this accessory can help prevent messes, keep insects and debris out of your drink, and further help maintain the beverage’s temperature.
- This wine tumbler features 18/8 stainless steel and comes with a lid.
- You can use this wine tumbler to keep your hot and cold drinks at the right temperature for many hours, thanks to the double-wall vacuum insulation.
- Some customer reviews state that the lid quality is poor because it doesn’t provide the right fit to prevent leaks.
3. Best Stainless Steel: YETI Rambler 10 oz Wine Tumbler
With this wine tumbler from Yeti, which is available in a wide range of colors, you can rest assured that your beverage will remain at the right temperature, whether you need it to stay cold or hot, thanks to the double-wall vacuum insulation. And this tumbler boasts 18/8 stainless steel, so it is resistant to rust and built to be durable.
We also like that this wine tumbler features DuraCoat Color, so it is not likely to crack, fade, or peel over time and it can continue looking as good as the day you bought it. Plus, when you need to clean it, you can just put it in your dishwasher.
- This wine tumbler is made of tough stainless steel, which resists punctures and rust, so it is built to last.
- The double-wall vacuum insulation can help ensure your drink will remain cold or hot, depending on what you want to enjoy in this tumbler.
- You can wash this wine tumbler in the dishwasher.
- This wine tumbler does not come with a lid.
- This is a small wine tumbler compared to others on the market, as it holds 10 ounces.
4. Best with a Lid: BrüMate Uncork’d XL MÜV
With this wine tumbler, which also comes in a variety of colors like other options on this list, you can take your wine with you to enjoy at an outdoor party or while relaxing in your backyard. It is designed to prevent annoying condensation, and it is made of durable stainless steel that is resistant to rust. Plus, it can hold 14 ounces, which is about a half a bottle of wine.
What’s also nice about this wine tumbler is the fact that it is triple insulated, so it can keep your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot. And the non-slip base can help ensure it will stay put when you set it down between sips. Plus, it comes with a removable plastic lid that is clear, has a slide tab, and is splash-proof, and if you want to use a straw, you can do that too.
- This wine tumbler features durable stainless steel and triple insulation to keep your beverages at the right temperature.
- This tumbler comes with a convenient lid to help prevent spills.
- Because this tumbler can hold 14 ounces, you can pour about half of a bottle of wine into it.
- Some customer reviews state that this wine tumbler’s lid does not perform as well as it should when it comes to stopping leaks.
5. Best Spill-Resistant: CamelBak Horizon 12 oz Wine Tumbler
Another good option to check out when you’re searching for a wine tumbler is this one from CamelBak. It has several attractive features, such as double-wall vacuum insulation to help keep your drink at the right temperature, a silicone base that helps prevent it from slipping when you set it down, and a lid that helps control flow and prevent spills.
This tumbler also has an interior that is shaped like a bowl that mimics the shape of a wine glass, so you can fully enjoy the flavor of your favorite wine. And the stainless steel construction and powder coat finish also help ensure this tumbler will last and continue to look great for a long time to come.
- This stainless steel wine tumbler has a bowl shaped interior and is vacuum sealed to help keep your drink at the temperature you prefer.
- The tri-mode lid that comes with this wine tumbler lets you control the flow to reduce the odds of spills and messes.
- This tumbler has a silicone base to help it stay in place and prevent scratches to the surfaces it’s placed on.
- This wine tumbler is priced a bit higher than others on the market, so it might not fit all budgets.
6. Best Budget-Friendly: Jay Style Wine Tumbler
The Jay Style wine tumbler is priced low, so it may be a good option for those who are shopping on a budget and don’t want to sacrifice quality while spending less. It is made of 18/8 food grade stainless steel for durability, and it also boasts double-wall vacuum insulation to help ensure your drink will be at the right temperature for hours. More specifically, hot drinks can remain hot for up to three hours, while a cold drink can stay nice and cold for upwards of nine hours, making it a great choice when you want a tumbler that you can take with you on a day trip, camping, hiking, etc.
This tumbler also has a powder coating that will not crack, fade, or peel, and electro-polishing also helps keep rust at bay, so it is designed to continue looking good for a long time to come. Plus, it comes with a lid that is BPA free and designed to help prevent messes, so that’s also convenient when taking your wine with you.
- This wine tumbler is made of tough stainless steel and features electro-polishing to help prevent rust.
- You get a BPA free lid with this tumbler.
- Thanks to double-wall vacuum insulation, this tumbler can keep your drink cold or hot for several hours.
- You can thoroughly and easily clean this wine tumbler in the dishwasher.
- The lid doesn’t have a slider to seal it completely in between sips.
7. Best with a Straw: Creamole 12 oz Wine Tumbler
This stainless steel wine tumbler is lightweight and features a fun black and white design. It is also lead free and can hold 12 ounces of your favorite beverage. Plus, it comes with a lid that can hold a straw if you prefer.
The double-wall vacuum insulation can help keep cold drinks at the right temperature for around nine hours, but if you plan on drinking a hot beverage, its temperature can be maintained for around three hours. So, this is yet another good option to consider when you want a tumbler that will maintain the temperature of whatever beverage you prefer.
- This wine tumbler is durable, resistant to rust, and won’t sweat.
- This tumbler features double-wall vacuum insulation.
- This product comes with a sliding lid that is BPA free and removable, along with a straw.
- Unlike other tumblers that you can put in the dishwasher, this one should be washed by hand.
8. Best Multi-Pack: Zonegrace 4 pack 12 oz Stainless Steel Stemless Wine Tumbler
Do you want to buy more than one wine tumbler at the same time so you can try saving some money? This pack of four attractive stainless steel tumblers might be the right option.
Features include food grade stainless steel, double-wall vacuum insulation, thermal copper lining, and a lid that you can use with a straw. These wine tumblers can hold 12 ounces, and they can help keep your beverage at the right temperature.
- You get four wine tumblers, each featuring a different color.
- These wine tumblers are made of stainless steel and are resistant to rust.
- The BPA free lid is designed to be used with or without a straw.
- Hand washing this tumbler is recommended, so it may not be right for you if you prefer one that you can put in the dishwasher.
Things to look out for:
A wine tumbler is a pretty basic item, and you might not put much thought into it when you are shopping for one. But if you want to ensure you’ll buy a tumbler that won’t break easily, will keep your drink cool or warm depending on what you’re enjoying, and will be comfortable to hold, it’s important to look at the details of a product carefully before deciding if it’s the right one. Here are some features that are worth looking into as you look for a high-quality wine tumbler:
One of the most important qualities to check is the material that a wine tumbler is made of. The go-to choice for most people is stainless steel because it is tough and it’s a good choice when you plan on taking your tumbler into the great outdoors, such as when you want to pack it for camping. However, you might also come across plastic wine tumblers that might suit your budget and design preferences.
As you shop, you might find some wine tumblers that are not insulated, so it is worth thinking about whether this is an important feature that you want. An insulated tumbler, such as one that features double-wall vacuum insulation, can help keep your wine tasting great, especially if you want to enjoy it while it is cold.
In terms of design, because there are so many different wine tumblers available, you can easily find one that will suit your needs. No matter what, it should be shaped in a way that makes it easy to hold it in your hand. And when it comes to size, you can find smaller tumblers, such as those that can hold 8 ounces, as well as larger ones that can hold around 20 ounces, so you don’t have to feel restricted to just one size. Beyond that, you can look for tumblers that feature the colors, patterns, or fun phrases that you prefer. There are a lot of options!
And last but not least, yet another factor to consider when it comes to the design of a wine tumbler is whether or not it comes with a lid and other accessories, such as a straw. You might feel that you don’t need a lid, especially if you don’t plan on pouring your wine into the tumbler until you are ready to drink it, but many people prefer a tumbler with a lid that can help prevent messes. And if you are enjoying your wine outside, a handy lid could help keep bugs out of your drink too. Just be sure to check the style of the lid that comes with a wine tumbler to be sure it’s something that you will find easy and convenient to use.
Photo credit: SabineBPhotography/Shutterstock