Having a collection of various pots and pans in your kitchen is a smart idea because you just never know when you’ll need each one. And when you have pots and pans, you also have matching lids, right? Again, while this is a good thing because you will always have what you need when preparing a variety of nutritious meals, there is one drawback: storage. Where will you put all of your pots and pans, as well as your cooking utensils and other cookware?
Oftentimes, people store these products in their kitchen cabinets. That’s fine when you have large cabinets with a lot of space. And getting organizers can be helpful in keeping every pot, pan, and lid within easy reach without needing to struggle to find what you are looking for. But, even then, you might find yourself running out of space, or you might simply need that cabinet space for other things.
What can you do about this common problem? Well, you can look for a handy pot rack. This can be mounted on your wall or hung from your ceiling, so it will be up and out of the way. You can then hang or place most or all of your pots and pans, as well as other tools that you need within reach, on this stylish product, which is sure to add a little extra flair to your kitchen design scheme.
The Many Benefits of Using a Pot Rack
As mentioned above, you can hang a pot rack from your ceiling or you can mount one to your wall. Some of them even come with built-in lights that you can use to illuminate your kitchen better. No matter which one you choose, the same benefits will apply.
Many people turn to pot racks when they want to save space in their kitchen cabinets. But in addition to helping you open up space, they also make it easy to keep what you need within easy reach. When you require a pot or pan, you can simply reach up and grab it, without needing to bend down to get it from a cabinet. And because the pots and pans will be hanging in a neat and organized fashion, you also won’t have to struggle to find what you need—no more having to stack these products in each other and then having a hard time getting the particular one you need for your meal.
Plus, if you want to make your kitchen look more like a chef’s kitchen, the right pot rack can help you achieve that goal. And don’t forget that you can also hang other utensils from the hooks of a pot rack, so you can also keep other tools in an easy-to-access place. Setting your pot rack up over your kitchen island or near your stove can be the perfect way to improve your efficiency when preparing meals.
There Are a Lot of Great Pot Racks to Choose From
If you thought that it would be hard to find a pot rack that will fit your kitchen perfectly, think again. With the myriad products that are out there in a wide range of styles, shapes, and sizes, you are sure to find exactly what you want at a price you can afford, and you might be pleasantly surprised by how quickly you can find it.
Whether you want a pot rack that is black, white, silver, bronze, or any other color, you’re sure to find it if you spend some time browsing the options that are out there. Even if you want one with wood accents, you can have that as well. And there are pot rack designs to suit every kitchen’s style, whether you have a kitchen that is rustic, modern, classic, or anything in between.
Are you ready to proudly display your cookware with a stylish pot rack that will match the rest of your kitchen décor beautifully and create an eye-catching focal point? Then continue reading for a list of products that are worth your consideration, whether you are shopping on a tight budget or you are willing to spend a lot of money to get what you want.
1. Editor’s Choice: Fox Run Rectangular Hanging Pot Rack with Chains and 6 Hooks
This is a modern looking pot rack that you can hang from your ceiling. It can match a variety of kitchen design schemes, and it is made of durable materials. It has a black finish with chrome chains, and you can install it easily. It also has six hooks to make it simple to keep everything you need within reach.
- This pot rack features strong materials and is resistant to rust.
- You can store a variety of pots and pans on this rack.
- The simple design can complement a variety of kitchen styles.
- This pot rack might be too small if you have a lot of cookware to store.
- This product is only available in a black finish.
2. Runner Up: KES Ceiling Pot Rack 34-Inch Hanging Pot Rack for Kitchen
If you need a larger pot rack, this one measures roughly 34 inches and also comes with 20 hooks that you can use to hang various pots, pans, and cooking utensils. And it comes with an adjustable steel chain, so you can customize it to fit your space when hanging it from your ceiling. Plus, the black finish is sure to create an eye-catching element in your space.
- This large pot rack can hold up to 66 pounds, so you can store a lot of cookware on it.
- The 20 hooks help ensure you will be able to store everything you need on this rack.
- In addition to hanging cookware from the hooks, you can store items on the rack itself.
- The oval shape might not work with all kitchen design schemes.
- This pot rack is only available in black.
3. Best Small: Cooks Standard NC-00269 Ceiling Mounted Wooden Pot Rack
When you don’t have a lot of room to work with or you just want a simpler design that won’t take up as much space, you can check out this pot rack that you can mount to the wall or hang from the ceiling. It has just one bar, but it can hold several hooks that swivel to make it easy to customize how your pots and pans fit. And the product can hold about 30 pounds, so it can hold several of the items you need to keep within reach while cooking.
- This pot rack features an attractive combination of wood and aluminum.
- This is a good option for those who want a smaller pot rack, as it measures 36 inches across.
- You can hang this from the ceiling or mount it to a wall.
- If you want more hooks, you need to buy them separately.
4. Best with Shelf: X-cosrack 27-Inch Wall Mount Pot Rack Storage Organizer
This is a pot rack that you can mount to your wall, and it has a shelf that you can use to store even more of the items you need to keep near you while cooking meals. It features a lovely combination of wood and metal that can complement a variety of décor, and it is also compact enough to suit kitchens of all sizes.
- You can use the hooks to hang pots, pans, and utensils, but you can also use the shelf to hold even more cookware.
- This rack comes with 10 removable S-hooks, in addition to the sturdy hooks in the wood frame.
- You can customize how you set up this pot rack on your wall.
- The layout of this pot rack might not work for all people.
5. Best Budget-Friendly: Finnhomy Pot and Pan Rack for Ceiling with 12 Hooks
This is an option to consider if you’re shopping on a budget and you’re looking for a pot rack that you can hang from the ceiling. You can adjust the height to fit your space perfectly, and you can hang a variety of cookware from the hooks, as well as store some on the top of the rack. Plus, it comes with everything you need for installation.
- This pot rack is affordably priced for those shopping on a budget.
- This product can hold up to 40 pounds.
- You get 12 hooks with this pot rack.
- The plain metal and oval look of this pot rack might not suit all design preferences or kitchen styles.
6. Best Ceiling Mounted: MyGift Black Scrollwork Metal Ceiling Mounted Pot & Pan Holder
If you would prefer a product that is a little more ornate, check out this option, which features multiple ways to store your cookware on hooks and a shelf. Although it does not have S-hooks like other pot racks, it has dual-hooks along the perimeter of the rack, so you can hang two items on each hook.
- This pot rack gives you 10 dual-hooks for hanging cookware.
- This product is designed to be easy to install.
- Unlike other racks that are rather plain, this one features a curved metal design on top, along with an oval shape.
- This pot rack is only available in black.
7. Best Wall-Mounted: Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Half-Circle Wall-Mount Pot Rack
This is another pot rack that you can mount to your wall, but what makes it different is the fact that it is shaped like a semicircle, with the flat side up against the wall. This gives you plenty of flexibility when it comes to hanging your pots, pans, and cooking utensils. You get everything that you need to mount this to your wall, along with six hooks.
- This pot rack features a bright stainless steel brushed finish, so it is a great option if you don’t like the darker colors of other pot racks.
- This product can be a good option if you have a small kitchen.
- You only get six hooks, so this can be inconvenient if you need more.
8. Best Multi-Piece: ETECHMART Hanging Pot Rack
If one pot rack isn’t enough, there is this handy set of three products. Designed to hold a variety of pots and pans, including lids, you even have more than one installation option. The 10 S-hooks that are included make it easy to hang what you need within reach, while the shelves give you additional storage. Plus, it’s available in multiple colors.
- With this set, you get two pot racks that you can mount to the wall, along with a handy wall-mounted dish rack.
- Each rack in this set can hold 30 pounds.
- You can choose from two installation options.
- If you don’t need the dish rack, this set would give you more than what’s necessary and might not be worth it.
- These pot racks might be too small for some.
Things to look out for:
As is the case with any other product that you are planning on adding to your kitchen, it’s wise to take your time and carefully compare your options when it comes to pot racks, especially because these products are both functional and stylish. You want something that will be aesthetically pleasing and durable. So, keep the following in mind as you shop:
First, consider whether you want a pot rack that you will mount to your wall or one that you will hang from your ceiling. There are pros and cons associated with both of these options, but ultimately, it is up to you and your preferences, as well as the amount of space you have to work with. Perhaps you have a large kitchen island, so you can easily put an eye-catching pot rack that hangs from the ceiling over it. On the other hand, if you have low ceilings in your kitchen or you don’t have enough space on your ceiling because of a ceiling fan or lighting, you can instead go with a pot rack that mounts to your wall and gives you the same easy access to the utensils, pots, and pans you need.
No matter which style of pot rack you opt to go with, it is also important to take some measurements of the space you plan on putting it in. This will give you the information that you need to select the pot rack that will fit your kitchen perfectly. Some pot racks are rather large, so you don’t want to end up buying something that overtakes your space. Other pot racks are surprisingly compact and perfect for smaller kitchens but they might look awkward in a larger room. So, as you shop, definitely look at the dimensions of a pot rack to decide if it is truly right for you.
In addition to the size of your kitchen, you also need to consider the size of your cookware. When looking at the dimensions of a product, you want to consider how many pots and pans you will be able to put on it. Again, there are big racks that can hold a lot, but you might be surprised by how many pieces of cookware a compact pot rack can hold as well.
Speaking of the type of cookware you plan on storing on your pot rack, be sure to weigh it too. That’s right: there will be a weight limit that you will need to keep in mind. When reading through a product’s description, look for information on how much weight it can hold. Then, see if it will be able to hold what you plan on keeping on it.
Another thing to think about is the style of the pot rack. These products are made of various materials and come in a range of colors. Plus, they can be oval, round, rectangular, or square. Also, some are more elaborate than others, some have a lot more hooks than others, and some give you more than one way to store your pots and pans to save even more space and keep everything organized. Take a look at the various styles that are out there, and then narrow your options based on what appeals to you and would be the most functional for you.
Finally, determine how you will need to install the pot rack. Is it complicated or easy? Will you need to buy any special tools to get the job done, or is everything you need included with the product? Remember that it will take a bit of time to get your pot rack up, but once you do, you are sure to love it if you selected one that looks great, can hold a lot, and is made of durable materials that will help it last a long time.
Photo Credit: Malisa Nicolau/Shutterstock