Sometimes a pantry can get really disorganized over time. Cans, boxes, and supplies can get dishevelled and end up all over your pantry. But with some handy pantry organizers, you can have everything neat, tidy, and beautiful again.
There are lots of different organizers you can use in a pantry, including clear plastic bins, wire baskets, racks, and other items. Let’s check out some of the more popular items:
This unique pantry organizer can help keep your pots and pans neat and tidy. It has five tiers, each of a different width to accommodate different sized pans. You can set up the tiers vertically or horizontally, whichever works best for your pantry or countertop.
The organizer allows you to pull out just the pan you need rather than having to sort through them all to get to the one you want. If you have a variety of pan sizes, you can stack some within each other, on one tier of the organizer.
This device is available in sleek black, blue, bronze, green, grey, or red. It is made of heavy duty construction, so it can handle the heaviest cast iron pans. It is durable and long lasting.
The rungs are made of ¼ inch solid steel with an enameled coating so it doesn’t damage your pans. The spacing between the rungs is wide so it can accommodate any deep frying pan. You can also fasten this organizer to the bottom of your cabinet so it will not tip over when you remove a pan. Hardware is included.
It comes preassembled so you don’t have to fuss – simply take it out of box and place it in your pantry.
One drawback is, this organizer is tall, measuring over 12 inches high. It takes up a considerable amount of space.
- Five-tier organizer keeps pots and pans tidy
- Tiers are different widths to accommodate different sized pans
- Heavy duty, durable, and long lasting
- Coated with enamel to protect your pans
- Can be fastened to bottom of cabinet so it won’t tip over
- Comes preassembled
- Organizer is tall and takes up a lot of space
This all-purpose storage bin is cute and practical. It is clear so you can see what is inside, and it comes in various sizes. It has handles for easy transport. It is perfect for the pantry, as well as elsewhere in your kitchen or bathroom.
It has a cubic, stackable design which allows you to maximize storage space in your pantry, as well as in your cabinets, freezer, or refrigerator. Use it to store food products, kitchen utensils, anything that needs to be organized.
This bin is made of BPA-free, sturdy, long lasting plastic.
It is easy to clean with soap and water.
- Cute and practical storage bin
- Clear so you can see what is inside
- Comes in various sizes
- Handles for easy transport
- Cubic and stackable
- Made of BPA-free, long lasting plastic
- None mentioned by users
These bins are made of metal wire instead of plastic. They are contemporary and classy, and still enable you to see what’s inside. They are great for holding spice packets, snacks, and certain vegetables like onions.
They come in a set of two, each measuring 16 x 6 x 6 inches. The sets are also available in other sizes. In addition to black, they are available in bronze, chrome, graphite gray, matte white, satin, and soft brass. They have a durable, rust resistant finish.
They have built in, easy grip side handles. They are perfect for pulling down the bins when they are stored up high.
You can use multiple bins together to make an organization system that is customized just for your pantry.
They are easy to clean. Simply wipe with a damp cloth. When not in use, you can store these bins away by stacking them inside one another.
- Set of two bins made of metal wire
- Each measures 16 x 6 x 6 inches, and they are available in other sizes
- Available in black, bronze, chrome, matte white and other colors
- Built in, easy grip side handles
- Multiple bins can be used together for customized organization system
- Easy to clean by wiping with damp cloth
- None mentioned by users
These food storage containers are perfect for storing any type of dry food in your pantry. They are stackable and durable. They are made of BPA-free, clear plastic.
They come in a set of five, although there are other sets of four or three. In this five-piece set, there is one 2.1 quart, one 1.5 quart, two 0.9 quarts, and one 0.3 quart container.
The lids have a special button that, when pressed, creates an air tight seal. Each lid has three parts: the mechanism, the silicone layer, and a final part that snaps it together.
The containers are easy to clean and dishwasher safe on the top rack. However, they do take up a lot of room in the dishwasher.
- Set of five durable containers
- Made of BPA-free plastic
- Sizes are 2.1, 1.5, 0.9, 0.9, and 0.3 quarts
- Stackable and durable
- Lids have button that, when pressed, creates air tight seal
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- None mentioned by users
This set of 10 organization and food storage containers is perfect in your pantry. Each plastic container is crystal clear like glass, and leak proof.
The set includes one 19.9 cup, one 16 cup, one 12 cup, one 8.1 cup, one 7.8 cup, one 6.6 cup, one 3.2 cup, one 1.3 cup, and two 0.5 cup mini-containers, plus lids.
Use them to hold pasta, baking ingredients, any dried goods. They are great for pet food, also. The lids snap tight and keep your food fresh. They keep out moisture and humidity. They are also freezer safe.
These containers will stack to make your storage compact. They have thick, durable walls that will stand up to everyday use. They are made of BPA-free triton plastic. They are odor-free and will not accumulate stains. They are light and a breeze to carry.
Under the latches, there are built in vents which prevent splattering if you are heating these containers in the microwave with the lid on.
These containers are easy to clean. Simply pop them in the dishwasher on the top rack.
Other sets are available with different numbers and varieties of containers.
One drawback is the lids do not stack very nicely.
- Set of 10 crystal clear pantry organization and food storage containers
- Lids snap tight to keep out moisture and humidity, and keep food fresh
- Dishwasher safe
- Made of BPA-free, odor-free plastic, with thick, durable walls
- Light and easy to carry
- Lids do not stack very well
This stackable can rack organizer is great for storing canned goods. It can fit both regular 15 ounce cans and the large 32 ounce cans. Use it to keep your canned fruits, vegetables, and beans handy. It really helps to keep your pantry organized.
It is sturdy and comes in variations of silver, bronze, chrome, and white.
Whenever you grab a can from this organizer, the remaining cans behind it roll forward.
Each of these rack organizers stores up to 36 cans in a variety of sizes. You can also buy multiple sets and stack them together. Each set has six removable and adjustable plastic dividers to keep the cans aligned.
The can rack organizer is easy to assemble with no hardware required.
- Can rack organizer can store up to 36 cans
- Comes in silver, bronze, chrome, and white
- When you grab a can, the remaining cans will roll forward
- Has six removable and adjustable plastic dividers
- Buy multiple sets and stack them together
- Easy to assemble with no hardware required
- None mentioned by users
Choosing storage containers for your pantry
Now’s a good time to clean, and why not start with the pantry. Having an organized pantry makes it easier to find things, and it just looks nicer. Here are a few ideas on what to look for when buying pantry organizational items.
Size and quantity
Before buying containers for your pantry, it’s best to pull out your trusty measuring tape and write down your cabinet shelf dimensions. This will help you determine the size of containers you need.
You might find you want shorter containers for shelves and longer containers if you have a corner cupboard.
Also decide on quantity before you hit the stores. Take into consideration how much space you have available in your pantry and how many products you are planning to store. Often, buying sets of containers instead of individual ones will help you to not over-purchase.
It is always handy if the items in your pantry are visible, so consider buying see through containers. Look for clear plastic containers or a wire basket.
However, if you prefer a cleaner look, a uniform set of containers in a solid color may work. Just remember you won’t be able to see anything inside them. Try a set of woven baskets.
Nubs and pulls
When buying containers, pay some attention to the hand pulls or nubs, if they have them. If you are pulling out containers frequently from your pantry, having a hand pull can be very convenient.
With some pulls or nubs, you naturally raise the container slightly when pulling it out of the pantry, which means less chance of rubbing the bottom across your shelf each time. This means less wear and tear on your shelves and containers.
How to organize your pantry
Here are a few tips to help get your pantry in order.
- First, measure the depth of your shelves and buy some shelf liner.
- Buy see through, stackable canisters with tight lids, to hold pantry staples.
- Purchase bins and labels for baking supplies, and a tiered system to hold cans.
- Also consider buying door organizers to hold more items.
Deep cleaning and lining
- Make sure you have your trash can and recycle bin nearby.
- Remove all the items from your pantry, everything, and put them on a large table.
- Throw out anything that is out-of-date.
- Donate anything non-perishable that you don’t think you will use.
- Wipe all your pantry shelves with a good multipurpose cleaner.
- Line all your shelves with a heavy duty liner.
- Transfer your sugar, flour, rice, and other pantry staples into the see through canisters.
- Group similar items and baking supplies into bins and label them.
- Place the canisters and bins onto the cabinet shelves, stacking if possible.
- Stack cans on the tiered shelf organizer so they will stay visible.
- Use the door organizers to store anything from spices to baggies.
Cleaning out and organizing your pantry can be a time consuming and tiring process but it can be so rewarding when it is done. Now that you have seen the various types of containers available to help keep your pantry more organized, go out there and make that pantry like new again! Enjoy shopping.
Photo credit: Angelica Pasquali/Shutterstock