Do you prefer using cloth napkins on an everyday basis when enjoying meals at home? Or maybe you like having them on hand for special occasions, such as when you are hosting a party or other event with guests at your home. Whatever your reason is for having one or more sets of cloth napkins always ready to use, you should consider getting some napkin rings as well.
Napkin rings can be used when you have your napkins stored away, especially if you want to keep them neat and organized or you want them to be ready to go whenever you want to use them next. Or, you can keep them on hand to place around your napkins when you’re decorating a table to make it look pretty and formal for a party you’re hosting.
Napkin rings come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and designs, so there really is something for everyone. And you will probably want to buy more than one set of these rings so you can switch between them. Perhaps you’ll want to buy a design that you can use for an elegant dinner party, and then you’ll want to get another set for use during the holidays. The possibilities are endless, and using napkin rings can be a lot of fun if you are the type of person who loves to decorate and make their table look a little more grand and refined.
Because there are so many different napkin rings to choose from, the process of shopping for them might become a little frustrating. How can you sort through all of your options to find the ones that will work best for you? Well, to help you get started when you’re ready to browse napkin rings, we have compiled a list of eight options below. Check them out to get an idea of what’s out there—this might even help you generate your own ideas about the types of napkin rings that you want and need.
1. Top Pick: COTTON CRAFT – Jute Napkin Ring – Set of 12-2 Inch Round
When you want a set of napkin rings that are cute enough to use every day, check out this set of 12 rings that are made of jute. Each one measures roughly 2”, and it is handmade by artisans. So, if you are looking for something that is a little different, and that hasn’t been manufactured on a machine, this could be a good place to start your search for the right napkin rings.
Because of their neutral color, these rings will work well with a variety of napkins, from those that are a solid color to those that feature a pretty pattern. Plus, these rings are quite large and eye-catching, so if you are hosting a casual dinner at home with friends, they are sure to take note of your table décor and attention to detail.
- These napkin rings are made of jute.
- These rings are simple enough for everyday use.
- You can wipe these napkin rings to clean them easily.
- Artisans make these napkin rings by hand.
- These napkin rings might not suit all design preferences.
2. Best Eco-Friendly Napkin Rings: Kintyno Wooden Napkin Rings with Tassels
If you are the type of consumer who loves buying products that have been made with eco-friendly materials, check out these napkin rings, which are handmade. Plus, they are made of natural wood and jute, making them natural and safe, and they can look lovely on any napkin because of their neutral color and style.
While metal napkin rings might come with the risk of oxidation and changing color over time, because these napkin rings are made of wood, you don’t need to worry about that. They feature a smooth ring that won’t scratch your napkins, and they have cute little tassels that will hang off the ring and decorate each napkin with a unique look.
This set gives you a total of 10 napkin rings, so you have plenty to go around when decorating every place setting for your next event at home.
- These are eco-friendly napkin rings that are made of wood.
- Because they have a natural wood color, these rings can be used with a variety of napkin styles.
- Because there isn’t any metal in these napkin rings, you don’t need to worry about problems like paint peeling off or metal oxidation.
- If you aren’t a fan of having a long tassel hanging off your napkin ring, this set wouldn’t be the right style for you.
3. Best Napkin Rings for the Fall: Pumpkin Napkin Ring Holders
Many people enjoy decorating their home for the fall season. After all, the décor is super cute and it is a great way to prepare for the holiday season that is just around the corner. With these attractive napkin rings in the shape of little pumpkins, you can quickly and easily add a little extra fall décor to your home and your table.
These rings are made of metal alloy, and they are designed to be durable and long lasting. They should not rust, deform, break, or change color, especially if you take good care of them. And you might even find that these are a great choice for entertaining outside, as they can help keep your napkins in place even when the wind is blowing.
- These napkin rings feature a cute little pumpkin design, and they are bronze in color, so they are a great choice when decorating your table for the fall season.
- You can choose from a set of six or a set of 12.
- These napkin rings are made of a metal alloy to help them last a long time.
- Because of their bronze color, they might not match all of your napkins nicely.
- Some reviewers complain that these aren’t too durable, so care should be taken to ensure they don’t break.
4. Best Napkin Rings for the Winter: Snowflake Napkin Rings
For celebrating the winter season and all of the holidays within it, you can decorate your napkins and table with these classy snowflake rings. You get a set of 12, which might be enough to host your family and friends for a get-together at your house.
These cute snowflake napkin holders are designed to be sturdy. They are silver plated and mid-weight, and they can be used with a variety of napkins because they have such a classy and elegant, yet simple, look. They can work well during holiday gatherings, but you can also use them throughout the winter to keep your table looking beautiful.
Also, in the event that these napkin rings get a little dirty while they’re being used by your guests, rest assured that they are easy to wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- These pretty napkin rings are shaped like snowflakes, and they can work well with a variety of napkins, regardless of color and pattern.
- Although these are a great choice for the holidays, they can also work throughout the winter season when you want to decorate your table.
- Some customer reviews state that they were disappointed with the durability of these napkin rings, so being extra gentle with them might be necessary.
5. Best Nature Theme: Eaferm Set of 6 Bee Napkin Rings
When you want to decorate to welcome the season of spring, you can add these adorable napkin rings to your dinner table. They come in a set of six, and they are made of alloy and feature rhinestone and paint. Overall, they are designed to be sturdy and durable, as well as attractive in appearance.
These are attention-grabbing napkin rings. The design features a large pretty flower and cute little bee. These can work well when you are entertaining indoors or outside in the warm weather, and they can be used for casual events as well as more formal gatherings.
- These attractive napkin rings feature a bee and flower, so they are perfect for the spring season.
- These rings are made of alloy and rhinestone, and they are beautifully painted.
- If you are looking for napkin rings that feature a unique and artistic design, these might be just right.
- If you think that this design would be too limiting (for example, you prefer something that you can use throughout the year), this napkin ring set might not be right for you.
- You only get six rings in each set, so if you need more, you will need to buy more than one set.
6. Best Beach Theme: Aareax Gold Napkin Rings Set of 6
These attractive napkin rings are painted in a gold color so they are striking in their appearance, and they also wrap around your napkin without forming a solid circle, so they offer something that’s a little different. Plus, they have pretty little seashells, making them a great choice for decorating your napkins during the summer season.
This set includes six napkin rings that are elegant and made of metal to ensure their durability. They also feature incredible detail, and they can be great for formal and casual occasions alike. Plus, when you need to clean them, you can just wipe them with a damp sponge or a dry cloth.
- These gold napkin rings feature a lot of detail, with a seashell on each end, and they can work well with a variety of napkin colors and patterns.
- These rings are built to be durable even though they look delicate.
- You only get six per set, so if you need more, be sure to buy more than one set.
7. Best Napkin Rings for Parties: DONOUCLS Crystal Napkin Ring Holders
When you are hosting a party and you want to dress up your napkins with classy elegance, you can use these rings, which are clear so they can fully showcase a pretty napkin as well.
These are made of manmade crystal, and they are easy to clean because you can hand wash them. Plus, they are also durable, so you can use them for a long time to come. Also, these napkin rings are made by hand and they are hand cut from non-lead glass. They can be used on a variety of occasions, and they might even work if you want to add a touch of vintage style to your table. All in all, they have a lot of great features that make them worth checking out.
- These napkin rings feature clear, non-lead glass.
- These rings are durable and easy to clean, and because they are see-through, you can showcase pretty napkins with them as well.
- The multifaceted design of these napkin rings makes them beautiful and elegant.
- These napkin rings are quite large, so they might not be right for you if you prefer smaller napkin rings for your table settings.
8. Best for an Elegant Event: LogHog Pearl Napkin Rings Set of 6
Last on our list is this set of six napkin rings that feature a beautiful set of pearls that can really dress up a table for just about any occasion. Each ring showcases rhinestones and pearls in a thick design, so these napkin rings look like sophisticated jewelry, and they will certainly grab the attention of your guests.
You can use these rings with a variety of napkin styles, and they can be used for indoor and outdoor gatherings whenever you want to add a little extra sophistication to your table.
- These napkin rings feature pearls and rhinestones, so they are shimmery and eye-catching.
- These napkin rings are stretchable so you can adjust them however you want to dress up your napkins easily.
- The design of these napkin rings might be too fancy for everyday use.
- You only get six napkin rings in each set.
Things to look out for:
When you want to buy a set of napkin rings for a particular upcoming occasion or you just want to add them to your collection of table décor, there are a lot of options out there. This means that shopping for napkin rings might become a little frustrating, especially if you don’t know what to look for in these products. Well, we’re here to help. Below are a few things to keep in mind as you shop for napkin rings so you can be sure you’re making a great choice:
First, think about how many napkin rings you’ll need. Some sets are larger than others, but if you don’t need that many rings, they’ll likely end up being a waste and sitting in your drawer. Or, you might find a particular design that you love but comes in a small set, so you’d need to purchase more than one set. Having a number in mind before you start shopping can help ensure you buy the right amount—not too many and not too few—so you won’t end up with unused rings and you won’t need to worry about being unable to buy more if they end up selling out.
In terms of materials that napkin rings can be made of, they can vary widely. You might come across napkin rings that are made of metal, others that are made of plastic, and others that are made of natural and eco-friendly materials like wood. When selecting between these, consider the aesthetic that you want to achieve.
Napkin rings also come in different shapes and sizes, as well as different designs that can make them suitable for special events, like weddings and holidays, or seasons of the year like winter and summer. So, you can figure out whether you want a napkin ring that will really stand out and catch the attention of your guests or if you want something that’s smaller and simpler in appearance.
No matter what, you want your napkin rings to look great but also function well. They do serve an actual purpose, after all. So, as you shop, look at the features beyond the appearance of a napkin ring. Is it made of a high-quality and durable material? Is it the right size so getting a napkin through the ring will be quick and easy? And is it a style that you’ll want to use again and again or is it something that you think you’ll only use once?
Photo credit: Ev Thomas/Shutterstock