If you buy a lot of cereal for your family, you know that all of those boxes can take up a lot of space. And you might also be disappointed by the lack of freshness left in the cereal by the time you get to the bottom of the box. While this can all be pretty frustrating, the good news is there is a simple solution to these common problems: you can buy a cereal dispenser.
That’s right, you can go a step beyond putting your cereal in an airtight storage container to keep it as fresh as possible for as long as possible. With a good quality cereal dispenser, you can store it for freshness while also having a super easy way to get the cereal out whenever you are ready to have some.
Benefits Beyond Storing Your Cereal for Freshness
In addition to storing your cereal for freshness, the nice thing about cereal dispensers is that they can help you get the ideal portion of cereal every time. Everyone knows how easy it is to accidentally spill cereal when you are pouring it out of a box, and you have likely found yourself making a mess at least once when pouring cereal into a bowl. Well, with a cereal dispenser, you can have more control over how much cereal pours out, and you can put your bowl right underneath it. This greatly reduces the odds that you will end up spilling cereal everywhere, wasting it and causing a mess that needs to be cleaned up.
No matter which cereal dispenser you choose, you can rest assured that these products are designed to be really easy to use. They are not complicated at all, and you will get the hang of things right away. Even kids can learn how to use a cereal dispenser without hurting themselves or making a mess.
Just make sure you have the space for one, whether you plan on keeping in on your counter or inside a cabinet in your kitchen. Then, all you have to do is store your cereal in it so it can remain fresh and tasty for longer than it would in the box that it came in.
A Variety of Cereal Dispensers Are Out There
When it comes to cereal dispensers, you don’t have to go with a boring design. In fact, you might be surprised by the many different options that are available on the market these days. From large dispensers that can hold a lot of cereal and compact ones that are perfect for small spaces, to those that are eye-catching and can actually serve as a way to enhance the look of your kitchen décor, there really is something for everyone. You can even find colorful cereal dispensers, and they also come in various shapes as well.
Another thing to consider is if you want to go with a single cereal dispenser or you want to get a product that will give you two or more dispensers in one. For cereal lovers, a dispenser that has more than one container built into it is a fantastic way to go because you will be able to store more than one cereal at the same time. In other words, you won’t need to wait to open a new box of cereal and pour it into your dispenser, even if one of the containers is still full.
You can even find cereal dispensers that you can mount to your wall. So, this is a great option for those who want to not only enhance the look of their kitchen but also save countertop space. By mounting the cereal dispenser to the wall, you can have easy access to it whenever you need it, you won’t have to worry about moving it to store it away in between uses, and you won’t need to worry about it getting in the way when you are preparing meals.
Ready to Begin Shopping for a Cereal Dispenser?
If you are ready to take a look at some of the many cereal dispensers that are currently available, continue reading to access a list of products. Learn about some of these items and their features so you can determine which type of cereal dispenser would be right for your needs and preferences.
1. Editor’s Choice: OXO Good Grips Countertop Cereal Dispenser
This cereal dispenser can fit right on your countertop. It has all of the basic features that you would want in a good dispenser that can hold your favorite cereals. It is quite compact in size, so it will not take up a lot of space, yet it can hold 5.5 quarts. You can set your bowl right under the dispenser, and there is an easy-to-use lever. Simply press down gently to get the cereal to come out and fill the bowl. And to keep things neat, there is a handy removable crumb tray too.
- This cereal dispenser features a BPA free container.
- To dispense the cereal, you just have to push a lever, and the cereal will fall right into your bowl.
- The lid creates an airtight seal to keep your cereal fresh.
- This is pricier than other cereal dispensers.
2. Runner Up: Home Basics Single Cereal Dispenser
This is another great option when you are looking for a single cereal dispenser that will fit on your countertop. It can hold 240 ounces of cereal, and all you have to do to release the cereal is turn the knob on the front of the container. One turn will release an ounce of cereal, so you can more easily control your portions too.
- There is space to fit your bowl under this dispenser.
- The knob is easy to use and makes it easy to control portions.
- This cereal dispenser is compact in size.
- The knob might be hard for some people to use.
3. Best Double: Essential Dry Food Dispenser Dual Control
Do you want to be able to have one dispenser that allows you to hold two different types of cereals at the same time? Then check out this double cereal dispenser, which can sit on your kitchen counter so it will always be easy to access. To begin, remove the container from the holder and pour your cereal into it. Place the lid on top and then set the container back in place. It’s that simple. Then, place your cereal bowl underneath, and turn the knob to release just the right amount of cereal you want.
- This product is easy to assemble and use, as well as easy to clean.
- There is enough room for your cereal bowl under the dispenser.
- Because there are two containers, you can store even more cereal.
- This might be too large for small kitchens.
4. Best Triple: MagiDeal Dry Food Storage Triple Canister
An even more convenient option, and a perfect choice for those who really love cereal and who always have a variety of cereals on hand, is this triple canister cereal dispenser. Like other dispensers on this list, this one is designed to be easy to use. You pour the cereal in from the top, put the lid on, and then use a knob on the front of each container to pour out the right amount of cereal.
- You can keep even more cereals stored for freshness and easy to access with this dispenser because it has three containers.
- The knob on the front makes it easy to control the amount of cereal that you get.
- Because of how wide this product is, it might not be right for you if you don’t have a lot of countertop space available.
5. Best Single: JOEY’Z Large Capacity Table Top Cereal & Dry Food Dispenser
This cereal dispenser can be used to hold just one type of cereal, but it might be the perfect solution if you don’t need more than that. It can sit on your countertop without taking up much space, and it has a knob that you can use to pour the cereal quickly and easily, with room for your bowl to catch everything that falls out. Plus, it is affordably priced, so this could be a good choice if you don’t have a lot of money to spend on this type of product.
- This cereal dispenser is made of plastic that is shatter-resistant.
- This product has a built-in tray.
- You can dispense 1 ounce of cereal at a time.
- Some people might not like using the knob to release the cereal.
6. Best Wall-Mounted: Milky House Food Dispensers 2 PACK Wall Mount Double Dry Cereal Dispenser
When you don’t have a lot of room on your countertop or in your cabinets but you really want to get yourself a cereal dispenser, don’t worry, as you have options like this one, which you can easily mount to your wall. Plus, this is a double dispenser, so you get two containers that you can fill with your favorite cereals. The lid will help keep everything fresh, and the knob makes getting the right amount of cereal into your bowl super quick and easy.
- This product comes with everything you need to mount your cereal dispenser to the wall.
- Because you get two separate containers, you can store even more cereal.
- You can use these to store more than just cereal.
- You’ll need to hold your bowl under this dispenser while using your other hand to turn the knob.
7. Best Countertop: Conworld Cereal Dispenser Countertop
This is another cereal dispenser that you can put on your countertop for easy access and use. Fill it up with your favorite cereal, seal it with the lid, and then press down on the lever when you want to pour cereal directly into your bowl. It can work with cereal that has large pieces, and it is designed to not crush your food.
- This product is designed to be easy to use, even for kids.
- It is easy to clean the container, and the tray also helps prevent messes.
- This cereal dispenser is available in two colors and is affordably priced.
- You might find it hard to control the amount of cereal that comes out.
8. Best Budget-Friendly: Zevro Compact Dry Food Dispenser
This option is great for anyone who is shopping on a tight budget. You can use this countertop dispenser to hold a good amount of cereal, but it is so compact in size that it won’t take up a lot of space in your kitchen. The lid creates a seal that can help keep your food fresher for longer.
- This is a great option for those who don’t have a lot of space for a cereal dispenser.
- This cereal dispenser is affordably priced.
- The canister of this cereal dispenser is shatterproof.
- Be sure to check the capacity of this cereal dispenser to be sure it will be able to hold enough cereal for your needs.
Things to look out for:
While you might think that shopping for a cereal dispenser is a pretty straightforward process, the minute you realize just how many different options are out there, you might start to feel a bit confused and overwhelmed. But don’t worry, as keeping the following things in mind can help you more easily narrow your options to those that are going to give you what you want at a price you can afford:
First, consider how big you want your cereal dispenser to be. As mentioned above, there are also cereal dispensers that come with multiple containers to hold more than one type of cereal. And bear in mind, too, that you can certainly use these products to store various other foods and snacks, in addition to cereal, so consider if you want to have a double cereal dispenser, a triple cereal dispenser, or just a single one.
Also, check the amount of cereal that a dispenser can hold before you buy it. That way, you can get an idea of just how much you can store. For instance, can you pour an entire box of cereal into it, or will you need to pour a portion of the box and then store it until you use up enough of the cereal to pour in the rest?
When it comes to the size of a cereal dispenser, the amount of space you have in your kitchen will also play a role. There are a lot of big cereal dispensers, and while they might be attractive, they might be too large for your kitchen if you don’t have a lot of space to work with. Think about where you plan on putting the dispenser. Then, take some measurements and find one that is appropriately sized to fit that space well.
Remember, you want to be able to easily access your cereal dispenser, especially when you want to grab a quick breakfast in the morning or you just want to get a tasty snack throughout the day. There are countertop dispensers, but you can also find those that you can mount to a wall quickly and easily as well. Again, take measurements so you know how much space you have to work with, and then find the product that will complement the space best.
As with other kitchen products, you want your cereal dispenser to last a long time and be designed well. So, also check the features of an item to see what it is made of before deciding on whether or not it’s right for you. For instance, you might find options that feature durable plastic, as well as those that are made of glass. And if there are additional features, such as a crumb tray, they may help keep things neat and clean during each use.
Also, you want the dispenser to be easy to use. Customer reviews can shed some light on this, but check a product’s features to see how the dispenser works. Is it easy to get the cereal out, can you control the amount that comes out, and can the dispenser hold larger pieces of cereal? You don’t want the product to clog, and you also don’t want to end up with a bowl full of cereal that’s been crushed and ruined.
Finally, consider how easy it will be to clean your cereal dispenser. Is it easy to take apart and wipe down or wash by hand or in the dishwasher?
Photo credit: Artem Avetisyan/Shutterstock