Sous Vide Guy is pleased to announce our first annual Chef’s of Tomorrow Scholarship. We make it our goal to increase awareness of how creativity in the kitchen can enhance your life and health. We need more talented chefs just like you to have the opportunity to advance your skill and spread the sous vide technique.
Let’s face it. The food industry is a risky one. You’ve likely had friend or family members tell you you’re bound to fail in your path to opening a restaurant someday or becoming a top chef. Cornell University professor of Industrial and Labor Relations School and author of a 2014 study on restaurant practices Rosemary Batt stresses the importance of formal training.
We want to help you achieve in your dream. Winners of the Chefs of Tomorrow Scholarship will be awarded $1,500 toward their university or college fees. The scholarship is awarded annually and open to all students in North America who meet the eligibility criteria. Canadian winners will be awarded $2,000 CAD (which is the rough equivalent of $1,500 USD).
- Students in their senior year at a public or home school in the United States or Canada OR current college students already studying at an accredited U.S. or Canadian culinary institution
- U.S. or Canadian citizens
- Anticipating high school graduation at time of application or already in possession of high school diploma / GED
- Planning to or currently pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. or Canadian culinary school
- Demonstrating a minimum 3.00 GPA or equivalent grade average
**If you don’t see the Sous Vide Guy Chefs of Tomorrow Scholarship listed on your university’s or college’s website, please ask the financial aid office to list our scholarship.**
Scholarship applications are accepted until April 30th every year and awarded on May 31st. Winners will be notified using the contact details they provide.
How to Apply
- You may submit your scholarship application using the form at the bottom of this page.
- To apply, please create a short video (no longer than 5 minutes) that demonstrates the following:
Have a sous vide masterpiece? We want to see! In your video, create a time lapse of preparation.
Provide a picture of your finished product along with your recipe and sous vide machine of choice. Tell us in your video how long you’ve had your machine, its pros and cons, and why you’d recommend it to other aspiring chefs.
- Submissions will be evaluated on:
- Innovative use of sous vide machine of your choice
Upload your video to YouTube and include the link when you submit your application below. We will post them to our FaceBook page. Submission with the most Likes by May 31st wins.
(Note: by submitting this form you agree to allow Sous Vide Guy to use your video for promotional purposes (it will be posted to Sous Vide Guy blog and potentially other locations).