There are plenty of recipes for sous vide teriyaki chicken online, but we promise you this: Our version will be the easiest to execute and it tastes great!
This recipe is part of our series of super-easy sous vide chicken breast recipes. We have 2 strict criteria for all the recipes in this series:
It must be easy to execute and it must taste great!
We picked chicken breasts because it is a good source of lean protein and it’s healthier than most other options out there. However, chicken breasts are notorious for being dry and bland.
And so with that challenge in mind, we locked ourselves in our kitchens and R&D the hell out of every chicken breast recipe we could think of. Some worked great, some needed refining and some just didn’t work out. All recipes were tested with our friends and our families acting as our panel of judges. And we are happy to bring you our faves, the ones that worked out best!
This recipe was a big hit! For Winston, his girlfriend really enjoyed it when she brought it to work and even her colleagues were impressed. For me, my tasters were my wife and 2 kids, who are aged 10 and 6. As you know, children are the can be just about the fussiest eaters out there and they really liked this. Even my wife, who isn’t a fan of chicken breasts, found it tender and moist.
Here’s how you can cook this delicious teriyaki chicken breast that’s easy to cook and not dry!
3 STEP TERIYAKI CHICKEN
- Put your chicken breats in your ziptop bag and then pour your teriyaki sauce into the bag.
- Massage sauce into chicken and marinade for at least 30 mins. The longer the better.
2) Sous Vide
- Set water bath to 145°F / 63°C
- And once the set temperature is reached, sous vide the chicken for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove from bath.
- Save sauce from bag. If you feel you need more sauce than what’s in the bag, feel free to add a little more sauce.
- Heat up pan with medium heat.
- Then pour sauce in and reduce.
- And finally, glaze chicken with thickened sauce
- Your sous vide teriyaki chicken is done! Just slice and serve!
And that’s our recipe. It’s delicious, it’s healthy, it’s tender, it’s juicy and it’s super easy to make!
This dish is very versatile. You can eat this so many ways. You can eat your teriyaki chicken with a salad, in a wrap, with noodles, ramen, udon or with rice. My personal favorite is to have it with some short grain Japanese rice, sprinkled with some Shichimi Togarashi Chilli Powder. Yummy!
And don’t forget to subscribe to our channel to keep ‘abreast’ (pun intended) of more super-easy sous vide chicken recipes!
So sous vide soon and bon appétit!