Rather than lugging all of your full-size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. when you travel, why not buy a reusable travel bottle set that is economical and good for the environment? You can meet the requirements of the airline you plan on using, particularly if you don’t want to put your toiletries in a checked bag, or you can just pack more lightly when traveling by car. And the best part is that you don’t need to go without any of your beloved beauty products when you are far from home.
When shopping for a travel bottle set, though, there are several things to consider. For example, do you need them to be TSA compliant? If so, you will need to make sure that the product label states that they are, and that they do indeed have the features that make them compliant. In addition to that, however, you can also look into things like whether or not the bottles are made from eco-friendly or recyclable materials, if they come with a convenient carrying case, and if they are easy to use again and again.
If you are worried about how to go about selecting the right travel bottle set, or you just want to gain some insight into some of the many popular products that are available today, check out our list below to get started. Once you begin using a high-quality travel bottle set, you likely won’t ever want to go back to packing big bottles of products, and you won’t need to resign yourself to using hotel-provided toiletries either.
Top Pick Best Silicone Travel Bottle Set: Oursunshine Travel Bottles, Leakproof Silicone Refillable Travel Containers
This set of silicone bottles is a great choice when you are looking for products that will prevent your favorite toiletries from leaking while you travel. You get four bottles in this set, and each bottle is the same size. You can fill them with whatever you want, and you can do so easily because each bottle has a wide mouth opening. Then, you can rest assured that, once you close the lid securely, there won’t be any leaks, thanks to the cross no-drip valve.
You’ll also like that this set of travel bottles is TSA approved, so you can take them with you in your carry-on bag when you are traveling by plane. And you can put them all inside the zippered bag that they come with too, which is super convenient.
Because these bottles are soft and squeezable, they are easy to use. You can control the flow of your product out of the bottle so there is little waste, and you don’t need to worry about hard-to-squeeze bottles that can hurt your hands.
- These bottles are designed with features that prevent help leaks.
- This set of bottles contains a zippered bag and four travel bottles that are soft and squeezable.
- You can easily refill the bottles for your next trip.
- This set includes four 3-ounce bottles, so it might not be right for you if you want more variety in terms of different shapes and sizes.
Top Pick Best for Variety of Bottles: Kitsch Ultimate Travel Bottles Set, Travel Containers – 11pcs
When you want to buy a travel bottle set that gives you a variety of containers for all of the toiletries that you want to take with you on your journey, check out this option from Kitsch. It features a total of 11 refillable products: three flat squeeze pouches, two pump bottles, one mini spray bottle, two mini jars and lids, and a convenient pouch that is resealable as well. Plus, you also get a spatula, funnel, and pipette to make filling these bottles easy and mess-free.
With this single set of BPA free containers, you can pack everything from your shampoo and conditioner to your favorite lotion and body spray. And you can also rest assured that these are designed to be leak-proof and durable, and they are eco-friendly too.
- This set contains 11 pieces that are designed to make it easy to take everything from shampoo to body lotion with you when you travel.
- This set comes with accessories that make filling the bottles easier.
- The bottles and containers in this set are lightweight and compact, as well as TSA approved.
- This set does feature a unique design that might not suit everyone’s tastes.
- The largest containers are pouches, so you might be disappointed if you prefer bottles.
Top Pick Best Set of Plastic Bottles for Travel: Empty Plastic Travel Bottles Containers
This is yet another set of bottles that are designed for travel, and they are also TSA approved. In this set, you get a total of seven containers: one silicone squeeze bottle, one plastic pump bottle, one plastic sprayer bottle, and a pair of hard plastic bottles. Plus, you also get two jars for your favorite lotions and creams. And to make it simple to fill all of these up, this set also provides you with a pipette, funnel, and spoon.
In addition to being stylish, these containers and bottles are also leak-proof and designed to be durable, so you don’t need to worry about messes when you are on the go. You can put them all in the convenient PVC bag that comes with them, and then place that into your carry-on luggage—so simple!
Plus, this set also comes with a handy set of pre-printed labels that you can use to properly label every container so you know exactly what you put in it.
- This set includes seven containers, along with accessories that make filling and refilling these bottles a snap.
- The clear bag with handle that’s included in this set can hold all of these bottles, as it is 1-quart in size and has a strong zipper.
- The bottles are made from reusable PET plastic.
- If you aren’t a fan of hard plastic bottles, this set may not be right for you, as it only comes with one silicone bottle.
Top Pick Best for Variety of Silicone Travel Bottles: 16 Pcs Silicone Travel Bottle Set
This travel set contains a lot of different bottles that you can use to pack every toiletry you would need while traveling. Plus, you can rest assured that these products are environmentally friendly, BPA free, reusable, and TSA approved.
What is included in this set? Well, you get two spray bottles, two 3-ounce bottles, two 2-ounce bottles, and two 1.25-ounce bottles. You also get three cream jars, which consist of three pieces each: a cap, anti-leak layer, and container. And you get two toothbrush covers, along with a funnel and spatula to make refilling the containers simple and mess-free.
The bottles, which are leak-proof and feature a cross-return valve, are made from silicone that is soft and eco-friendly. And the wide mouth on each bottle makes it easy to fill it up quickly. Plus, the caps are convenient because you can twist them to select the right label for whatever product will go into a bottle, whether it is shampoo, soap, lotion, etc.
- This set includes BPA-free silicone bottles, along with other containers for all of your travel needs.
- It comes with a funnel to make it easier to fill the bottles with your preferred products.
- You need to avoid filling the bottles with products that would be corrosive, caustic, or flammable, such as hair serums, hydrogen peroxide, salicylic acid, alcohols, and oils.
- If you fill the bottles more than ¾ of the way, the risk of leaks may increase.
Best Travel Bottle Set for Kids: AUTENS Leakproof Silicone Travel Bottles Accessories Set
If you are shopping for a set of travel bottles for your kids, you might want to go with something that is a little more fun for them. Well, this set is sure to bring a smile to your little one’s face because each bottle is designed to look like a colorful, adorable penguin.
In this set, you get a total of four BPA-free bottles, and they are all the same size. Each one comes with a switchable label in the lid, which is certainly handy when it comes to identifying what’s in each bottle. And the bottles are made from food grade silicone too.
Designed to be durable and clean, with leak-proof features like a cross valve and a triple-sealing cap, these bottles are a great way to pack your child’s shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, soap, lotion, etc. And you can put them all inside the plastic bag that is included. Plus, the set is TSA approved as well, so that’s one less thing you need to worry about when planning your next trip.
- The fun design is a great option for kids, and for adults who want something cute.
- This set contains silicone bottles that are durable, easy to squeeze, and reusable.
- The set includes a clear zippered bag that can hold all of the bottles comfortably.
- You only get four bottles, and they are all the same, so if you are looking for more variety, this set might not be right for you.
- The design might not be appealing to all shoppers.
Best Budget Option: DecorRack Travel Bottle Set
If you are searching for a low-priced, basic set of travel bottles for your next trip, check out this option from DecorRack. It gives you everything you need when traveling for business or pleasure.
What do you get in this set? Well, it comes with four clear plastic bottles, each measuring 3.5 ounces, and you also get a transparent bag that holds them conveniently for you. More specifically, you get a pump bottle, a spray bottle, and two squeeze bottles. All of these are designed to be easy to clean and refill, and they’re lightweight.
- This is a basic set that includes four clear plastic bottles.
- It includes different types of bottles, so you can pack the various toiletries you need.
- A clear carrying case is included.
- There might not be enough bottles in this set, depending on how many products you plan to pack.
Things to look out for:
Although you might not think that a lot of thought needs to go into buying a travel bottle set, the opposite is true. Here are some of the things that we recommend looking into as you shop so you can rest assured that you are making the right choice for your next adventure:
If you plan on traveling by plane, you will need to adhere to the rules set forth by the TSA regarding how much you can pack in the form of liquids, creams, pastes, aerosols, and gels when you are using a carry-on bag. According to the TSA, every passenger has to use travel-sized containers that are 100 ml or 3.4 oz. each. Otherwise, you will need to pack larger items in checked bags. And you can only place these in a single 1-quart clear bag to make them easy to screen. Following the 3-1-1 rule can help ensure you don’t make any mistakes: stick with containers that are 3 ounces or smaller, place them in just one bag that’s 1 quart in size and clear, and pack only one of these bags.
When looking at the various travel bottle sets that are out there, be sure to select one that is made of high-quality materials that are durable. This can help ensure you will be able to easily clean the bottles in between uses, and reuse them over and over again for years to come whenever you travel. Plus, when you stick with products that are designed well, you can rest assured that they won’t leak and cause messes while in transport.
Do you want to take a more eco-friendly approach when shopping for your travel bottle set? Then just search for items that are made from materials that are sustainable, recyclable, and better for the planet in various ways. For example, you might find a set of recyclable bottles that are made from recycled materials.
Finally, a set that includes a carrying bag is going to make it even easier to ensure you pack everything you need neatly, so that’s something else to look for while you shop as well.
Photo credit: akvarelmed/Shutterstock