Whisks are a must-have tool in every kitchen because you can use them for everything from mixing salad dressings and batters to beating eggs and combining ingredients for sauces. But did you know that whisks come in a range of sizes, and they also come in different shapes to suit various needs? So, if you are shopping for stainless steel whisks, keep in mind that you can buy much more than just a standard balloon whisk.
The great thing about stainless steel whisks, in particular, is that they are durable, they are resistant to rust, and they look professional. You can find long whisks and short whisks, as well as those that are narrow and those that are wide. The key, though, is to carefully look at features to figure out if a whisk is worth the price.
Before you start looking into the stainless steel whisks that are available, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the different types of whisks and the main reasons why people use them. That way, you can figure out which type of whisk you need most, and you can narrow down your options quickly. Then, if you decide that you want to get your hands on more than one type of whisk, you can start searching for a set that will give you everything you need for one low price.
To get started, check out the eight whisks below to see what we mean when we talk about the variety of options out there.
1.Best Professional Style Stainless Steel Whisk: Farberware Professional Stainless Steel Whisk, 12-Inch
When you are on the hunt for a high-quality stainless steel whisk, this one from Farberware is a good place to start. It is 12” long, durable, and strong, so you can use it every day for a variety of tasks.
Another attractive feature is the smooth handle that makes it comfortable to hold this whisk, and it also gives this product a professional look and feel. Plus, the handle is designed in a way that makes it easy to hang when not in use, so you don’t have to keep it in a drawer if you don’t want to.
Overall, the sturdy construction of this stainless steel whisk makes it a great choice for chefs of all experience levels. Plus, it is dishwasher safe, so cleaning it is a breeze.
- This stainless steel whisk can be used for whipping, blending, and beating a variety of ingredients, from sauces and batters to eggs and creams.
- This whisk has a smooth handle and a hoop that makes it easy to hang when not in use.
- This product comes with a lifetime limited warranty.
- If you prefer a longer handle, or one that is shaped more ergonomically, this whisk might not be right for you.
2. Best Stainless Steel Balloon Whisk: OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk
A balloon whisk has wires that are rounded and wide, so they can be useful when you need to whisk a batter, whip egg whites, mix dry ingredients, and much more. Basically, this is the type of whisk to go with when you want something that will be versatile and when you want a whisk that has a wide range of purposes. And this product from OXO Good Grips is a balloon whisk that you should definitely check out.
This high-quality whisk features polished stainless steel wires that are strong and sturdy. And it has a narrow shape that makes it easy to use this utensil even in small bowls. Also, it measures 11”, and it has a soft handle that is shaped just right to fit comfortably in your hand. If you have used other whisks and found that they slip out of your hand too much, this one might be just right for you because it’s designed to be non-slip.
- This durable balloon whisk can be used for whipping, whisking, and beating a variety of ingredients with ease.
- This whisk features a soft handle that is expertly shaped so it will be non-slip. It can also absorb pressure while you use it.
- This stainless steel whisk is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- Some users might find the handle uncomfortable because of its shape.
3. Best Stainless Steel French Whisk: Winco Stainless Steel French Whip, 22-Inch
A French whisk is yet another tool that you should have in your kitchen if you like preparing a variety of meals and desserts. This style is a bit different from a balloon whisk because it is narrower, it is tapered, and the wires are stiffer. It can work well for batters, but it can be used for sauces and dressings too.
This is a long whisk, as it measures 22”. It features heavy gauge wire loops and durable stainless steel construction, so you can rest assured that it will last a long time if properly cared for.
We like that this stylish, professional looking product has received a lot of 5-star reviews from customers. It is a simple whisk, but it is made of high-quality materials, so it can be a reliable utensil that won’t let you down.
- Because of its narrow shape and length, you can use this French whisk when working with ingredients in small bowls or narrow containers.
- This whisk can be cleaned in your dishwasher.
- Depending on what you need your whisk for, this product might be too long, as it measures 22” long.
4. Best Stainless Steel Spring Coil Whisk: Mayplus 8 Inch French Spring Coil Whisks
A spring coil whisk certainly looks different, but it is just as helpful as the balloon or French whisks that you’re probably already familiar with. Add this tool to your collection of kitchen utensils so you can use it to do things like mix ingredients to prepare hot chocolate or combine ingredients in cups, mugs, or bowls for whatever meal you’re preparing.
This whisk from Mayplus can be used to create smooth gravy or sauce, as it can help get rid of lumps when you are combining ingredients. It will also easily fit into a small container, and it is flexible for ease of use as well.
We like that this stainless steel whisk has a rotating spring design, and it measures roughly 8”, so it is a good size that isn’t too big or too small. Just grab the handle and press the whisk up and down to quickly and easily combine ingredients, beat eggs, mix drinks, and more.
- This stainless steel whisk is built to be durable, flexible, and lightweight.
- This whisk has a simple design, and the handle makes it easy to hang it when you aren’t using it.
- Because of the shape of the handle, some people might find this whisk difficult to grip and use.
5. Best Stainless Steel Flat Whisk: Rösle Stainless Steel Flat Whisk, 8 Wire, 8.7-inch
A flat whisk might look a little strange, but it is yet another type of whisk you should consider having on hand. With this product, the wires will be – you guessed it – flat instead of rounded like those of a balloon whisk or French whisk. This makes it a useful tool when you are putting together gravies and sauces or anything else that needs to be stirred a lot.
This flat whisk features 18/10 stainless steel, and it is 8.6” long. It boasts a handle that is round, has a lovely satin finish, and is designed to fit comfortably in your hand. Plus, this product is also shaped in a way that makes it easy for you to maintain your grip so it doesn’t slip out of your hand while you are using it.
You can use this expertly designed whisk to do things like blend ingredients, beat eggs, gently fold in ingredients, and stir small amounts of ingredients when preparing a wide range of recipes. It is easy to clean, and it comes with a hook that you can use to hang it when you aren’t using it.
- This whisk is durable, hygienic, and resistant to rust and corrosion.
- This flat whisk is designed to be easy to use and clean, and you can hang it to store it away conveniently.
- This stainless steel whisk comes with a warranty.
- This flat whisk might be too expensive for some shoppers.
- Some customer reviews state that this whisk is too small.
6. Best Stainless Steel Ball Whisk: Patelai 2 Pieces Stainless Steel Ball Whisk
A ball whisk’s wires come straight out, and each wire has a ball at the end. This is a whisk that you can use to combine wet or dry ingredients in pans, measuring cups, bowls, and more. Getting into corners is easy with this tool, which is a good choice when you are mixing things like custard, meringue, pan gravy, or a thin and light batter.
With this set of whisks, you get two for a low price, and each measures 12”, so it is long enough to use in a variety of containers. It has 10 wire tines that are semi-rigid, and it measures about 1.6” wide at the end. Plus, this whisk features an ergonomic handle for control and comfort. Plus, the strong, food grade stainless steel that is used to make this product will help ensure it lasts a long time, as it is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- This ball whisk features polished, durable stainless steel.
- This whisk boasts an ergonomic design that makes it feel comfortable in your hand.
- The hook at the end of the handle makes it possible to hang this whisk when you aren’t using it.
- This stainless steel whisk is dishwasher safe.
- Some reviewers claim this product isn’t as durable as it should be.
7. Best Mini Stainless Steel Whisk: Huakai stainless steel mini whisk -7 inches
Sometimes, you don’t need a large whisk, so having at least one mini whisk on hand is a great idea. This particular stainless steel mini whisk measures 7” long by 1” wide, so it can be your go-to tool when you need to mix a small amount of ingredients in a small container.
The handle is made of stainless steel that is wrapped tightly to provide durability, and to prevent water from accumulating and causing rust to form. Plus, it is also flexible, thanks to elastic steel wire that is smooth and comfortable to hold.
In addition to being great for small tasks, you can also use this whisk if your hands are small and you find it hard to use other types of whisks. The thick steel wire is tough and can help you quickly mix ingredients with less effort.
- This mini whisk is designed to be flexible, easy to use, and resistant to rust.
- To clean this small whisk, you can just put it in your dishwasher.
- The handle has a hook on the end to make it easy to hang this whisk when not in use.
- This whisk might be too small for some people.
- If you don’t want a whisk that has a flexible handle, this one wouldn’t be the right choice.
8. Best Multipack Stainless Steel Whisk Set: Ouddy 3 Pack Stainless Steel Whisks 8″+10″+12″
When you want to get a set of whisks that you can use for a range of tasks, you can check out options like this one from Ouddy. For an affordable price, you get three balloon whisks: one that is 8”, another that is 10”, and another that is 12”.
These whisks are made of food grade stainless steel that is non-stick, easy to clean, and resistant to rust. They are also ergonomically designed so you can use them easily without straining your hands. Plus, these are dishwasher safe, so they’re simple to clean thoroughly.
- This set provides you with three whisks, each a different size.
- These whisks are made of high-quality stainless steel for durability.
- You can use the built-in loop to hang these whisks when you’re done using them.
- Some reviewers state that these whisks fill with water, so it’s important to ensure they dry completely after they’re washed.
Things to look out for:
When you are shopping for a high-quality stainless steel whisk, keep the following in mind:
First off, you want to choose the right size, whether you are on the hunt for a mini whisk or a large one. Carefully read a product’s specs to determine the length of a whisk before deciding to purchase it.
Another thing to keep in mind is the handle. Do you want it to be ergonomically designed so it’s as comfortable as possible? Do you want it to be flexible, or do you want it to be soft like silicone? And do you prefer a thick handle or a thin handle? No matter what, you want the whisk to be easy to hold, as you don’t want it to slip out of your hand while you’re using it to mix ingredients.
In addition to all of that, you want to consider how easy a whisk will be to clean and store. Just looking at a whisk will immediately tell you that these little tools can be a bit of a hassle to clean by hand, so if you would prefer using your dishwasher, rest assured that there are options available. Just be sure to get all of the food particles off, and dry your whisk completely to keep it in great shape. And, in terms of storage, if you don’t want to put your whisk in a drawer with a lot of other utensils, search for one that you can hang instead.
Finally, a stainless steel whisk should be lightweight and balanced because if it is too heavy or the weight isn’t distributed well throughout, it will likely be harder to use. Whether you go with a balloon whisk, a French whisk, a ball whisk, a spring coil whisk, or a flat whisk, the goal is to buy one that will be the right size for whatever tasks you need it for. But remember that you also want it to be the right size and weight for ease of use and comfort.
Photo credit: Brandon Bourdages/Shutterstock