You likely already have at least one metal whisk in your kitchen, and you probably use it often if you like to prepare a variety of recipes and desserts. But have you thought about investing in one or more silicone whisks? If you haven’t, it’s definitely worth considering adding this handy tool to your collection.
One reason why so many people turn to silicone whisks is because these are designed to be safe to use with just about every type of cookware. Unlike metal whisks that may not be appropriate for nonstick cookware, you can use a silicone whisk on metal pots and pans, as well as nonstick products, without needing to worry about the whisk damaging the surface or the coating.
There are a lot of silicone whisks on the market these days because they are so popular. You can find colorful ones that will match your personal style perfectly, and you can find silicone whisks of all sizes and types. Whether you want a standard balloon whisk or a flat one, there is a silicone version that you can find with surprising ease. And the best part is that a lot of these whisks are affordably priced too!
Whether you’re shopping on a tight budget and you just need one more whisk or you are ready to spend more to get a set of whisks that boast high-quality materials, you are sure to find what you are looking for once you start your search. And to help you begin, we have put together a list of products that we recommend checking out to get an idea of the possibilities.
1. Best Flat Silicone Whisk: Walfos Flat Silicone Whisk
In the same way that you can get yourself a stainless steel flat whisk, you can get one that features silicone instead. This option from Walfos is affordable, it comes in multiple colors like black and red, and it has everything that you would expect from a good quality flat whisk.
First off, this product has a shoehorn-like shape that is unique. It is made of stainless steel for durability, but the wires are coated in a soft silicone that is perfect if you want to be sure this whisk will not scratch any of your cookware when you use it. In addition to that, it has a plastic handle that is ergonomically designed to be nice and comfortable when you are using it to whisk together ingredients.
We also like that this silicone whisk has a handle that is 5” long so you can get a good grip on it. And the arc design fits well in your hand so it won’t easily slip out of your grip if your hands are wet.
Other attractive features include the fact that this flat whisk is heat resistant up to 450°F, it has a hook on the end of the handle so you can hang it to dry completely, and it is easy to wash by hand.
- This silicone flat whisk is made of stainless steel and silicone, and it is a BPA free and food grade product.
- The handle is ergonomically designed to be comfortable and easy to grip.
- This whisk measures roughly 11” by 3.2”.
- Hand washing this flat whisk is recommended.
- The handle might not be long enough for some people.
2. Best Silicone Balloon Whisk: OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Silicone Balloon Whisk – Red
Every kitchen needs at least one good quality balloon whisk because this is such a versatile tool that can be used to prepare a variety of yummy meals and desserts. And if you want one that is made of silicone, you should check out this one from OXO Good Grips, which is a popular brand in the world of kitchen supplies.
This is a large whisk, measuring 11” long, and it is available in multiple color options, such as red and yellow. It is heat safe up to 600°F, so you can use it to mix heated ingredients in a pot or pan without worrying about it warping or melting. And you can rest assured that you will be able to maintain a good grip on this whisk, thanks to the soft, non-slip handle that is designed to be comfortable to hold.
- This silicone whisk is safe to use with metal, ceramic, and nonstick cookware.
- This whisk is super easy to clean because it is dishwasher safe.
- This product will not discolor, melt, or warp even when exposed to high temperatures up to 600°F.
- Some reviewers were not happy with this product’s durability.
- Though the handle is designed to be easy to hold, it might be uncomfortable for some people.
3. Best Silicone Whisk with Comfort Handle: Zeal Premium Silicone Whisk
When shopping for silicone whisks, if you are looking for something a little different, it’s worth checking out this product from Zeal. It is basically a double whisk, with a large balloon whisk on the outside and a smaller one inside of it. Plus, it is heat resistant, odor resistant, and stain resistant.
Because this whisk has wires that are coated in high-quality silicone, it can work well with nonstick cookware and ceramic bowls. You can also take advantage of the silicone handle, which is shaped to be comfortable and easy to hold as you whisk ingredients to mix them together quickly and thoroughly.
What’s also nice about this particular whisk is the fact that you can pop it into your dishwasher when you need to clean it. This means you don’t need to worry about having to do it all by hand, especially if you typically have trouble getting your whisks completely clean.
- This uniquely designed silicone whisk is actually two balloon whisks in one, basically doubling the effects of your whisking.
- This product features a comfortable silicone handle.
- You can use this whisk with delicate cookware, such as ceramic and nonstick products.
- This whisk is heat resistant to 482°F, so you need to be careful to avoid using it in hotter temperatures.
4. Best Mini Silicone Whisk: Farberware Professional Silicone Mini Whisks (Set of 2), Black
When you don’t need a full-size whisk, you can go with a mini one instead. A great example is this set of two mini silicone whisks from Farberware. Each one measures about 9” from top to bottom. And you’ll love that you can just put these in your dishwasher when you need to clean them.
Like other silicone whisks, this one will be gentle on your delicate cookware, such as your nonstick pots and pans, so that’s definitely a plus because you can basically use with all types of cookware without needing to worry about accidently scratching anything.
The handle on this silicone whisk is smooth and thick, so it should be easy to hold. And there is a hook at the end of the handle so you can hang the whisk when you are done using it or when you want to be sure it dries thoroughly before storing it away.
- You get two mini silicone whisks for a low price.
- These whisks can perform well even when exposed to high temperatures.
- You can use these silicone whisks with any type of cookware.
- These silicone whisks might be too small for some people, so be sure to consider whether or not you want mini whisks.
- The handle isn’t curved for comfort.
5. Best Silicone Whisk with Ball: The World’s Greatest Rapid Whisk Junior with Double Helix Spiral Blades
Why would you want to have a ball in your whisk? Well, this can make your whisking action even more effective because it can boost the amount of air that is added to the mix. This particular silicone whisk has a wire ball that runs down the middle of it, so you can use it for everything from batters and eggs to creams and more.
This durable, sturdy, and nonstick whisk is made of stainless steel and silicone, and it’s a bright green color. It measures roughly 7.5”, and it is heat safe up to 350°F. It is designed to aerate more quickly than other whisks, and it is also easy to clean because you can put it in the dishwasher.
- This silicone whisk is made of high-quality materials and is resistant to rust.
- The silicone-wrapped blades of this whisk, combined with the inner double helix, help incorporate more air into the ingredients you mix with it.
- This whisk is dishwasher safe, and you can hang it when not in use.
- This type of silicone whisk may be hard to clean when washed by hand.
- This whisk is heat safe only to 350°F.
6. Best Silicone Whisk Set: COOK WITH COLOR Silicone Whisks for Cooking
Do you want to get your hands on a set of silicone whisks so you can have the variety you need at an affordable price? Well, this set of two whisks is available in a range of colors, such as aqua, black, charcoal, blush, mint, white, red, and more. No matter what color you choose, it will be complemented by a lovely rose gold colored handle that is smooth to the touch and easy to hold.
When you buy this set, you get one silicone whisk that measures 10” x 2” and another that measures 12” x 2.5”. Features include a stainless steel metallic copper handle, and silicone that is heat resistant. Also, this whisk is nonstick, making it easy to clean. And because of the silicone, it won’t damage your cookware either.
- This silicone whisk set gives you two sizes at a low price.
- The rose gold handle and bright color of the silicone are sure to add style to your collection of kitchen utensils.
- You can hang this silicone whisk to dry after you wash it, or you can hang it to store it when not in use.
- You should only wash this silicone whisk by hand because it should not go in a dishwasher.
7. Top Pick Best Silicone Whisk with a Metal Handle: Cuisinart Silicone Whisk, 10-Inch, Black
A black silicone whisk with a silver metal handle can be a stylish addition to your utensils collection. This one from Cuisinart is a good size for a variety of uses, it’s affordably priced, and it is heat resistant to 460°F.
You can use this silicone whisk with all types of cookware, including nonstick cookware, as it will not cause damage to your pots and pans. When you need to clean it after using it, you can just toss it into your dishwasher, and you can hang it to dry because of the hook at the end of the handle.
- This silicone whisk is heat resistant up to 460°F.
- This product comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This whisk is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- The handle might not be comfortable enough for all people.
8. Best Silicone Whisk with a Wooden Handle: KUFUNG Kitchen Silicone Whisk
Another balloon whisk that’s worth checking out when you want a silicone whisk is this option, which features a wooden handle. It is available in multiple colors, such as black, gray, mint green, and red, so you can choose the one that fits the rest of your kitchen’s style best.
This whisk is about 10” long and boasts food grade, BPA free silicone that is safe, heat resistant to 480°F, and durable. It is also resistant to odors and stains, which is certainly a plus. You can use this whisk with a variety of cookware, such as copper, ceramic, and nonstick. Also, the handle is made of solid wood that is strong so it will not break or bend even if you use this whisk a lot. Plus, the handle is comfortable to hold because it’s smooth and thick.
When you need to clean this silicone whisk, you can simply put it in your dishwasher on the top rack if you don’t want to wash it by hand.
- This whisk is made of high-quality, food grade silicone that’s safe for all cookware.
- The silicone will not melt, discolor, or warp.
- This balloon whisk is dishwasher safe.
- This silicone whisk might disappoint if you want a product with a more ergonomically designed handle.
Things to look out for:
As you shop for the right silicone whisk, there are several things that you can keep in mind. By narrowing down your options based on your preferences and needs, you can make the right buying decision. So, consider the following:
Just as there are different types of stainless steel whisks, there are different styles of silicone whisks. If you want to upgrade your collection of kitchen utensils by getting silicone whisks that won’t damage your cookware, you can look into balloon whisks, flat whisks, mini whisks, and more.
The great thing about silicone kitchen utensils is that they come in a wide range of colors, so you can opt to go with something basic, such as black silicone, or you can go with a bright color that will add a little extra style to your kitchen.
Another thing to consider is the type of handle on your silicone whisk. Do you want it to be silicone as well so that it’s soft and comfortable, or would you prefer a wood handle or a metal handle? It’s totally up to you, and you can base your decision on your style preferences, as well as on what you think feels best in your hand. Some people prefer thinner handles, while others prefer thicker ones, and some people need an ergonomic handle to help reduce pressure and pain when using a whisk to mix wet or dry ingredients.
And, finally, be sure to read the specs on a product carefully to determine how heat resistant it will be. Some silicone whisks can withstand much higher temperatures than others, so if this is important to you, definitely check for this detail so you’ll know how to use your whisk properly to avoid damaging it.
Photo credit: Alchemia/Shutterstock