Have you been using disposable roasting pans to prepare meals for your family at home? Well, we have a question for you: why are you spending money on disposable pans that create waste when you could instead invest in one or more high-quality roasting pans that you can use over and over again with great results?
A roasting pan is a great tool to have in your kitchen because it allows you to easily bring a wide range of recipes to the table for your friends and family to enjoy. And one with a rack provides an extra feature that is super useful and can help you achieve even more delicious results. Sure, you can use a roasting pan without a rack, but if you want to prevent your ingredients from sitting directly on the bottom of the pan, the rack will do just that. The results: ingredients that are evenly heated through and aren’t sitting in any juices that come out during the cooking process.
Are you ready to shop for a good quality roasting pan, but you want to go with one that comes with a rack so it can be more versatile to suit your various needs in the kitchen? To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best roasting pans that come with racks, and you can check them out below.
Best Non-Stick Pick: Rachael Ray Bakeware Nonstick Roaster/Roasting Pan with Reversible Rack
Non-stick cookware is definitely convenient. Your ingredients slide off easily when you are ready to serve, and the non-stick coating makes cleanup easier too. That’s why so many people choose to turn to roasting pans that are non-stick, and this option from Rachael Ray is a good place to start.
This gray roasting pan is made of steel and weighs 3.7 pounds. And this roasting pan is large, measuring 16.5” x 13.5” x 3.5”, so it can hold a lot of ingredients when you are preparing a large meal. The roasting rack that it comes with is reversible, so you can opt to use it in a lower position within the pan or a higher position, depending on what recipe you’re preparing.
We also like that this roasting pan has large handles attached to help make it easier for you to move it around and carry it, even when you are wearing your oven mitts. Plus, both the pan and the rack are non-stick.
- It comes with a reversible roasting rack.
- It is large and sturdy enough to hold a lot of ingredients.
- This is not a good choice for anyone who wants to avoid non-stick cookware for any reason.
- It is oven safe up to 450°F, so it will not be usable if you need to prepare meals at a higher temperature.
Best Stainless Steel Option: Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 16-Inch Rectangular Roaster with Rack
This attractive roasting pan with rack from Cuisinart is a good option to consider when you want to go with a stainless steel pan. It weighs around 7 pounds, features a brushed finish, and comes with a solid stainless steel rack, which allows the heat of your oven to properly circulate around your ingredients to cook them to perfection.
This product boasts stainless triple ply construction and heat surround technology. And it also features riveted stainless handles to make it easier to carry, particularly when placing it into your oven and taking it out of the oven when it’s really hot.
When you are done using this roasting pan with rack, you can put it into the dishwasher for super easy cleanup.
- It is large enough to fit a wide range of ingredients, and the rack is made of stainless steel.
- It has riveted handles that help you get a good grip on the pan when it is heavy and hot from the oven.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Some customer reviews are not satisfied with the thickness of this pan.
Best Large Pan: Circulon Nonstick Roasting Pan / Roaster with Rack
This roasting pan from Circulon is another non-stick option that we recommend checking out. It is made of heavy-duty, durable steel that distributes heat evenly and quickly. And it is big, coming in at 17” x 13” x 6.5”, so it can hold a lot! If it’s an extra large roasting pan that you need to add to your set of kitchen tools, this might be the one you’ve been searching for.
In addition to being non-stick, which is always convenient, this is a durable product that comes with a U-shaped rack, providing even more convenience when you are cooking up delicious and nutritious meals at home. The rack keeps ingredients lifted from the bottom of the pan, and it has handles that also make it easy to use.
Other attractive features include this pan’s wide, riveted handles, the high-low circle design non-stick surface, and the rolled edges. Plus, this product is lead free, cadmium free, and PFOA free.
- It comes with a removable U-rack that has big handles to make it easy to lift your ingredients out of the pan when they’re done cooking.
- It can hold up to 24 pounds.
- Its non-stick surface (inside and outside) makes it easy to remove ingredients and clean the pan after use.
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- It is oven safe up to 450°F, so it can’t be placed in an oven that is hotter than that.
- It should be hand washed to protect the non-stick coating, so this is not a good choice if you are looking for a roasting pan that you can put in your dishwasher.
Best Basic Pan: Farberware Bakeware Nonstick Steel Roaster with Flat Rack
This basic roasting pan with rack from Farberware is affordably priced and measures 16” x 11.25” x 2.5”, so it’s a good size for a variety of recipes. It is heavy-duty, made of steel, and non-stick. Also, it has sturdy, wide, stainless steel handles that are dual-riveted to make it easy to move and carry the pan even when loaded with ingredients.
This product is designed to be long-lasting by resisting warping. The rack that comes with this roasting pan features wide handles, and it is chrome-plated and removable, so you can use the pan on its own or with the rack, depending on the meal that you are preparing.
- It is easy to use and clean, thanks to its non-stick surface.
- It has easy-to-grip stainless steel handles that are wide and sturdy.
- It comes with a chrome-plated rack with wide handles.
- It is only safe to use in ovens up to 450°F, and reviewers have stated the product warped when placed in a hotter setting.
- Some customers have had trouble with the non-stick coating on this pan.
When you are searching for an oval roasting pan with a rack and a lid that you can add to your collection, check out this option from Viking. It measures 19” x 11.25” x 7.25”, and it is made of stainless steel with a polished finish.
This is actually a 3-in-1 product because you can use it in several different ways. The pan can be used as a roaster with or without the lid, and as a stockpot or a Dutch oven. The lid can also be utilized on its own for both preparing meals and serving them. Sounds great, right?
Attractive features include the 3-layer construction that brings together the conductivity of aluminum and the strength of stainless steel. Heat is distributed evenly not only on the bottom of this roasting pan, but also on the sides.
We also like that you can use this roasting pan on all cooktops, such as stove top, grill, oven, broiler, and induction. The 18/8 stainless steel can be easy to keep clean, and the dual-level rack is also stainless. And, yes, there are handles that will allow you to easily get a secure and comfortable grip on the pan when you need to move it around. Plus, the product is designed to be safe to use up to 600°F!
- It comes with a rack and lid, and you can use the pan and the lid directly on your stove top.
- Its cooking surface is 18/8 stainless steel.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It can be used in ovens up to 600°F.
- It comes with a lifetime limited warranty.
- It is expensive, so it might not be a good choice if you’re shopping on a budget.
- It comes with extra features that you might not need.
Best Large Oval Pan: Mr Captain Roasting Pan with Rack and Lid 12 Quart
Are you looking for a large, oval roasting pan with a rack? Then check out this 12-quart option from Mr. Captain. It features a stainless steel surface that is designed to be long-lasting without discoloring, and it also boasts triple-ply construction with an aluminum base that will heat up fast and allow the heat to be distributed evenly.
You can use this roasting pan in a variety of ways, such as with stove tops, grills, induction cookers, and ovens. The stainless steel rack that comes with it can help ensure your ingredients will be cooked just right, while the sturdy handles can help ensure you won’t have difficulty moving, lifting, and carrying this large pan.
Plus, this is another roasting pan that you can use in multiple ways, with a lid that can also function as a cooking surface. So, if you want to use it as a roasting pan one day and a Dutch oven the next, you certainly can!
- It is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- It has a smoothly tapered rim that helps you avoid messes when you are pouring juices from the pan.
- It has ergonomic handles.
- The rack can be used with the lid or the pan.
- It is priced higher than other roasting pans with racks.
Things to look out for:
When you are shopping for the best roasting pan with a rack, it is a good idea to keep the following in mind to help guide your decision:
First off, consider the material that a roasting pan is made of because you want to go with something that will be able to distribute heat evenly when cooking your meal. But you also want the material to be durable so the roasting pan will last long. Cast iron, stainless steel, and aluminum are top picks that most people go with.
Another thing to keep in mind is the weight of the roasting pan with rack. You want it to be easy enough to carry as you move it into and out of your oven. The material that the pan is made of will have an effect on the weight. For example, cast iron pans are good if you are looking for a heavier roasting pan, while aluminum can be a good option if you prefer something that is lightweight. Also, a pan with large handles that are easy to grab can help when it comes to picking up and carrying a heavy roasting pan—no one wants to risk a giant mess or burned skin!
Size is yet another factor to consider as you shop. Think about how you will use the roasting pan and what ingredients you will be putting in it. You want to go with a pan that is large enough to hold all of your ingredients, but you don’t want it to be too big either. Perhaps you’ll opt to buy more than one roasting pan with rack, of different sizes, so you’ll have options when you need them.
Finally, there are non-stick roasting pans with racks that are worth checking out to make it simpler to remove ingredients without them sticking. Cleanup can also be easier when you are using a non-stick product or one that is dishwasher safe.
Photo credit: JPL Designs/Shutterstock