Have you ever thought about getting yourself some mini spatulas? Well, if you haven’t, you might want to consider buying a few. These affordable little tools can come in really handy when you are doing everything from frosting a dessert like a cupcake, cake, or cookie, to stirring and mixing ingredients like chopped veggies, sauces, or melted chocolate. Plus, you can also reach for these when you are having trouble getting that last bit of food out of a container, such as when you can’t quite get all of the jelly out of a jar.
Designed to be really small and thin, these types of spatulas are typically made of food grade silicone, and they can feature a wooden, plastic, or silicone handle. You have several options when it comes to their shape, too. So, if you want a scoop (a.k.a. spoonula), a pointed spatula, or a jar scraper, as some examples, you can find exactly what you need. And because many of these are sold as sets, you can get them all for an affordable price.
Not sure where to begin when it comes to shopping for mini spatulas, especially since there are so many options out there? To help you out, we’ve compiled the following list of items.
1. Editor’s Choice: Cuisinart Mini Spatulas (Set Of 3), Multicolor
The really nice thing about this set from Cuisinart is that you get three different types of mini spatulas. Each one is made of silicone and features a fun, bright color.
With this set, you get a mini spatula, a mini scoop spatula, and a mini jar spatula. So, you can use these to accomplish a variety of tasks when cooking and baking, such as frosting cookies and cupcakes. And you can also use these to get the last bit of food out of a jar as well.
These are nonstick mini spatulas, and they are designed to be durable. They are also easy to clean. Plus, because they are made of one piece of silicone (unlike other spatulas that might feature a separate handle and head that are set together), you might find that they are easier to maintain in good condition for a longer length of time.
- This set of mini spatulas provides you with three different types of spatulas.
- These mini spatulas are brightly colored, nonstick, and made of silicone.
- These are affordably priced.
- It is best to wash these mini spatulas by hand.
- Some customer reviews state that they were disappointed with the durability of these mini spatulas.
2. Runner Up: GREENRAIN Mini Silicone Spatula Set of 5
Another good option to consider when you are shopping for a mini spatula is this set of five spatulas that feature bamboo handles.
What’s nice about this set is that you get so many different types of spatulas so you can have all of your cooking and baking needs covered. You get a spatula, a spoon spatula, and a half spatula, along with a brush and a spoon. Plus, each one is a different color, so it’s a cute way to add some color to your kitchen.
Each item in this set is made of food grade silicone and is heat resistant to 500°F. Plus, these are BPA free and dishwasher safe, and you can use them for everything from scooping and mixing to getting food out of jars and bowls.
- This set of mini spatulas gives you five different items that are made of food grade silicone that is BPA free.
- These mini spatulas have durable bamboo handles.
- These colorful little spatulas are designed to be heat resistant so they won’t melt, warp, or discolor.
- It’s best to hand wash these and dry them immediately.
3. Best for Getting Food Out of a Jar: Vovoly Silicone Jar Spatula
As you will see by browsing this list of products, a lot of mini spatulas are sold in sets. But if you only want one good mini spatula, those sets might give you more than you need. In that case, you can check out this option, which has a long handle and narrow head.
This product is shaped to be used when you need to get ingredients out of a jar, so if you’ve ever had trouble getting the last bit of peanut butter or jelly out of a jar, this product might make your life a lot easier. But you can also use it for various other tasks as well, of course!
Features include high-quality, food grade silicone along with a stainless steel core. The design is seamless, which is certainly convenient, and this product is BPA free, as well as stain and odor resistant.
We also like that this item is dishwasher safe, it’s fine to use it with nonstick cookware, and it is heat resistant up to 600°F. Plus, you can put it in your dishwasher to thoroughly wash it.
- This mini spatula is available in multiple colors.
- You can use this spatula for cooking, baking, and getting food out of a jar or bottle.
- This silicone spatula is built to be durable, heat resistant, and safe for nonstick cookware.
- You can wash this mini spatula in the dishwasher.
- Some customer reviews state this mini spatula is too flexible.
4. Best with Wooden Handle: Farberware Strawberry Pro Mini Silicone Spatulas, Set Of 2
This pair of spatulas from Farberware are another good option when you are in search of mini spatulas with wooden handles.
These feature a bright red color, and you get two different types of spatulas in this set: one that is shaped like a spoon, making it great for mixing and scoping, and another that is shaped for getting food out of a jar or doing things like adding frosting to your cupcakes. Also, the handles on these mini spatulas are designed to make them comfortable and easy to hold. And the silicone is tough and heat resistant up to 450°F.
Overall, these can be a good choice when you want to add some mini spatulas to your set of kitchen utensils but you don’t want to spend a lot of money or get too many spatulas that you might not end up needing.
- These mini silicone spatulas have wooden handles.
- You get two different types of spatulas so you can accomplish a range of tasks in the kitchen when cooking and baking.
- These mini spatulas feature silicone that is heat resistant to 450°F.
- You should only wash these mini spatulas by hand, not put them in the dishwasher.
- Some customer reviews state that the wooden handles on these mini spatulas are rough to the touch.
5. Best Thin Set: Tinsky Mini Silicone Spatulas, 8 PCS
If you are in need of super small and ultra thin spatulas, check out this set of eight. These feature four different colors, so they are color coded by size. And you get three different sizes.
These are perfectly sized and shaped to be used in the narrowest and deepest jars and bottles. But like all of the other mini spatulas on this list, you will likely find that these can come in handy in a variety of other ways when cooking and baking.
You can put these mini silicone spatulas in the dishwasher to clean them easily. They feature a seamless, one-piece design that helps ensure food particles and water won’t get trapped inside. Plus, they are made of food grade silicone, they are BPA free and nonstick, and they have a stainless steel core for durability.
- This set features eight mini spatulas with long handles, making them perfect for getting food out of narrow and deep containers.
- You can wash these mini spatulas in the dishwasher or wash them by hand.
- These mini spatulas feature a seamless design, are made of food grade silicone, and have a stainless steel core.
- These are really thin, so they might not be useful for everyone.
- Even though you get eight pieces, they only feature three different sizes.
6. Best with a Mini Scoop: Norpro 2-Piece Mini Spatula Set, Red
This is another set of two mini spatulas that we think is worth your consideration. One of these is a standard mini spatula while the other is a mini scoop, so you can have the tools you need to get things done in the kitchen when preparing various meals and sweets for yourself or your friends.
You can use these to scrape the inside of a container clean, and you can also use them for stirring ingredients or spreading frosting on desserts. Plus, you can use these with heat, as they are able to resist temperatures up to 450°F.
The handles on these spatulas are made of birch wood, and they are removable, so you can separate the heads and handles when you need to clean these thoroughly after use. Also, these two spatulas are connected with a ring, making them easier to store and also helping to keep them together so they are easier to find when you need them.
- With this set of mini spatulas, you get a spatula and a scoop.
- These mini spatulas have wooden handles that you can remove when you need to clean them.
- These items are heat resistant to 450°F, so they can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen.
- Although you can put the heads of these mini spatulas in the dishwasher, the handles should be washed and dried by hand.
7. Best Budget-Friendly Set: BSSRC Mini Silicone Spatula Set
If you are looking for a way to add several mini spatulas and tools to your kitchen but you don’t want to spend a lot of money, check out this set of five items. You get colorful mini spatulas with wooden handles, so you can reach for the exact tool you need when you need it.
What are the items in this set? Well, they are a mini spatula, a mini spoon, a mini half spreader, a mini pointed spatula, and a mini brush. And you can keep them all together with the convenient ring that’s included too.
These mini spatulas are comfortable to hold, thanks to their bamboo handles. And they are durable, thanks to their BPA free, food grade silicone that is heat resistant up to 450°F.
- With this set, you get five different items for an affordable price.
- These colorful mini spatulas come with a ring that holds them all together to make them easy to find and store.
- These are made of silicone that won’t scratch your cookware, and bamboo handles that are durable and comfortable to hold.
- These mini spatulas should be washed by hand.
8. Best Multi-Colored Set: Evelots Mini Spatulas-Silicone
Last on our list is this set of mini spatulas that feature BPA free, food grade silicone and clear plastic handles. You get six colorful spatulas, but they are all the same type of spatula.
These items feature a design that is nice and slim, so they are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways when baking and cooking. They are heat resistant, and they are odor and stain resistant. Also, when it comes to cleaning these mini spatulas, you can remove the heads to ensure you are able to wash and dry them thoroughly.
- This is a set of six mini spatulas made of food grade silicone.
- These feature a slim design, and they are heat resistant.
- To clean each spatula, you can remove the head from the handle, and these are also dishwasher safe.
- This is a set of six spatulas that are identical (though each features a different color), so it isn’t the right choice if you want a set that includes different types of spatulas.
- The handles on these mini spatulas might be too short for some uses.
Things to look out for:
When shopping for one or more mini spatulas, there are a few things to keep in mind to help ensure you make the right choice. As is the case when shopping for any kitchen utensil or appliance, it is a good idea to carefully analyze the features of a mini spatula so you can be sure it will give you what you need to make your life in the kitchen easier:
First off, consider the material that a mini spatula is made of. Food grade silicone is a great choice because it is soft enough that it won’t scratch your cookware, such as your nonstick pots and pans. But when it comes to the handle of a mini spatula, you will come across some that have wooden handles and others that have plastic handles, so it’s up to you to decide which one you prefer. Keep in mind that some wooden handles might not be totally smooth to the touch.
Also, there are some mini spatulas that are designed to be cleaned after taking the head off of the handle. In that case, if the head comes off too easily, it might become a hassle. You might instead opt for a mini spatula that has a seamless design, which can come in handy when it comes to keeping water and moisture, as well as food particles, out.
Another thing to consider is how easy a mini spatula will be to clean. Again, a seamless design might be a good way to go because it might make things easier. But check a product’s features to see if you can place it in your dishwasher or if you need to wash it by hand, and then decide what you would prefer.
Finally, keep in mind that you can find mini spatulas in sets, so you can get a variety of shapes and sizes to suit your needs when preparing meals and desserts at home. The nice thing about buying a set is you can often get multiple pieces at a more affordable price than you would pay if you had to buy each of the items separately. But if you only need one particular style of mini spatula, such as one that can help you get everything out of a narrow jar, you can focus on finding that type of product in particular.