Do you enjoy having ice cream as dessert, a quick treat, or a refreshing way to cool off on a hot day? Then you might want to invest in an ice cream cone maker that you can use at home. This product will allow you to make delicious ice cream cones and waffle bowls that will hold your favorite ice cream flavors.
The great thing about an ice cream cone maker is you can use it to gain control over the ingredients that are in your ice cream cones. Rather than needing to buy whatever is available at your local grocery store, you can make your cones with whichever batter you prefer. If you want to use organic and non-GMO ingredients, for example, you can do that! Plus, you might even find that you can save money by making your own ice cream cones too.
The great thing about an ice cream cone maker is it’s surprisingly easy to use, and you can get a lot of cones cooked up in a really short span of time. Whether you’re making cones for a party or you want to make them just for yourself and your spouse, this type of appliance can come in handy. So, even if you’ve forgotten to buy ice cream cones, if you have the ingredients for a simple batter, you can have the cones you want in no time at all, and they can be fresh and tasty.
Overall, you want an ice cream cone maker that will be easy to use, simple to clean, and capable of cooking cones quickly. Some products will have more features than others, so it’s up to you to decide if you want more or less.
What are some of the products that are worth checking out when you start shopping for an ice cream cone maker? Check out the list below to get an idea of what’s available.
1. Editor’s Choice: Dyna-Living Ice Cream Cone Machine Waffle Cone Maker
This ice cream cone maker stood out to us because it has several attractive features, such as an anti-scalding spring handle, a knob for selecting your temperature, a separate timing control, and a nonstick coating. Plus, it is made of durable stainless steel.
Being able to select the time and temperature separately can give you more control over how your waffle cones are cooked. Based on the recipe that you’re using, you can select the optimal settings to get the best results, without being restricted to limiting settings.
To clean this ice cream cone maker, you can just wipe it with a damp cloth, so that’s another nice feature. And you can also use this product to make a variety of other yummy foods too.
- This ice cream cone maker features a nonstick surface that is designed to be easy to clean.
- You can make ice cream cones quickly and easily by selecting the appropriate temperature and timer settings.
- This product features stainless steel for durability.
- This ice cream cone maker might be too large if you’re looking for something that’s more compact.
- Some customer reviews say they were disappointed with the quality of the handle on this ice cream cone maker.
2. Runner Up: Brentwood Appliances Ts-1405bl Waffle Cone Maker
For a basic ice cream cone maker, this one might give you just what you need. It can be used to make waffle cones, sugar cones, and wafer cones, so you have a lot of options to switch things up as you see fit when making treats at home.
This product features waffle plates that are roughly 7” in diameter. It also has an adjustable temperature range, so you can select the right temperature to get the best results. And there are power and preheat indicator lights that will let you know the status of your ice cream cone maker.
- This ice cream cone maker is easy to use and allows you to make a variety of cones.
- Features include adjustable temperature and indicator lights.
- This product is affordably priced so it can suit all budgets.
- The handle for opening and closing the lid is small, so care might be necessary to avoid burning yourself.
3. Best Waffle Bowl Maker: MasterChef Waffle Cone and Bowl Maker
This ice cream cone maker can be a great option if you want to be able to make more than just waffle cones. With this product, you can also make waffle bowls that you can use to enjoy ice cream and other sweets with your family.
Features include nonstick plates that help ensure your waffle cones will come off easily when they are done cooking. And the fact that the plates are nonstick also helps ensure you won’t have a hard time cleaning them once you’re done. Plus, you get a waffle bowl shaper to make the perfect bowls, along with a waffle cone roller that makes it a snap to get the perfect cone shape quickly and easily.
One thing to consider is that this ice cream cone maker doesn’t have adjustable time and temperature settings, so you might need to figure out the optimal amount of time to cook your waffle to get the results you want.
- You can use this ice cream cone maker to make cones and bowls.
- This product comes with a waffle cone roller and waffle bowl shaper.
- This ice cream cone maker has nonstick plates for ease of use and speedy cleaning.
- Unlike other ice cream cone makers, this one doesn’t have adjustable settings.
4. Best with Two Pans: Rocita Commercial Ice Cream Cone Maker Waffle Cones Machine
If you want to make double the amount of waffle cones, check out this ice cream cone maker, which has a lot of attractive features. First off, it can make waffle cones super quickly, as it might only take a couple minutes or less to get it done. Because the plates heat up quickly and evenly, and because there are two ice cream cone makers on the same platform, you can get fast results that taste great.
Yet another feature that’s noteworthy is the fact that each of the two pans will operate independently. This means you can adjust the time and temperature of each one as you see fit. Just adjust the settings, wait until the unit lets you know that the plates are properly heated, and then pour your batter.
The nonstick plates on this ice cream maker measure roughly 7.3” in diameter, and they’re easy to use and clean. Plus, the handle can help prevent burns, and the mold that’s included will help you make the perfect cones.
- With this ice cream cone maker, you can make waffle cones quickly and easily, as the nonstick pans are designed to distribute heat evenly.
- A mold is included to shape your waffle cones.
- This product gives you two waffle cone makers in one, and each has its own settings that you can adjust as needed.
- This ice cream cone maker is large because it’s basically two makers in one, so it might be too big if you don’t have a lot of space to work with.
- This product is more expensive than others that are available.
5. Best Stainless Steel: GorillaRock Waffle Cone Maker Commercial
Want a smaller version of the item above? Then check out this waffle cone maker, which is similar but only has one plate, making it more compact. Plus, it is made of high-quality stainless steel, making it a durable option for those who want to go with an ice cream cone maker that will last.
Like so many other ice cream cone makers on the market today, this one features nonstick coating to make it easy to release the waffle when it is done cooking. This also helps make it easy to clean the plates when you are done using them.
When you need to make waffle cones, this item will heat up quickly, saving you time. The handle is designed to help prevent burns. And the fact that you can control the temperature helps ensure you will get the best results possible. Plus, when your waffle is done cooking, you can use the cone roller that’s included. Then, you can just wipe it down to clean it after use.
- This ice cream cone maker is made of stainless steel and has nonstick plates.
- The cone roller that comes with this product makes it easy to perfectly shape your waffle cones.
- The temperature is adjustable, so you can get the results you want with greater control.
- This product has Teflon nonstick coating, so it isn’t a good choice if you want to avoid Teflon.
6. Best Stovetop: Dicunoy Waffle Cone Maker
This ice cream cone maker is a bit different because you use it on your gas stovetop. The plate measures roughly 6.7” in diameter, and the length of the product is around 14.5”, to give you an idea of how large it is.
How do you make cones with this product? Well, after setting it to heat on a gas stove, you lift the top handle to reveal the plate. Then, you can pour your batter in carefully. Bring the top handle down again to let the waffle cook. Once your waffle is done cooking, you can remove it and shape it into a cone.
- This ice cream cone maker can be used on your stovetop, so you don’t have to worry about a bulky appliance that you need to plug in.
- The nonstick surface helps make it easy to release your cone and clean this product when you’re done.
- This ice cream cone maker is only appropriate for use on a gas stove.
7. Best Budget-Friendly: Chef Buddy Waffle Cone Maker
When you’re in search of a product that will make waffle cones quickly and easily, it’s worth looking into what this option from Chef Buddy has to offer. It measures around 10” x 9”, so it doesn’t take up much space, and it’s designed to be simple to use. Plus, cleanup is easy because all you need to do is wipe the cooking plates with a damp sponge or cloth.
To make delicious homemade waffle cones, all you have to do is wait for the green light to turn on to let you know that it has reached the right temperature. Then, pour your batter onto the nonstick cooking plate. Close the lid and use the locking latch to secure it in place. It generally only takes about 2 or 3 minutes to cook the cone, but this might vary based on the recipe you’re following.
- This ice cream cone maker can cook waffle cones in minutes.
- The green light will turn on and off to indicate the cooking plates are at the right temperature.
- The nonstick cooking plates are easy to wipe clean.
- This ice cream cone maker might have limited settings for some users.
8. Best Mini Waffle Bowl Maker: Dash Mini Waffle Bowl Maker
If you aren’t the biggest fan of waffle cones, you prefer waffle bowls, or you already have a waffle cone maker and you want to add a bowl maker to your collection, this one might be a good way to go. With this product, you can quickly cook up some mini waffle bowls that can be the perfect way to enjoy some ice cream whenever you want, all in the comfort of home.
Features include a PFOA-free surface that heats up quickly, non-slip feet that help this appliance stay in place, an indicator light, and a handle that makes it easy to open and close the lid.
The great thing about this waffle bowl maker is you just need to pour the batter into it, close the lid, let it cook, and then it’s ready to go. It’s already shaped for you, so you don’t have to worry about needing to take out a flat waffle and then shaping it yourself. This can save you time and make things much easier.
- This product makes it easy to cook up waffle bowls in minutes.
- This ice cream waffle bowl maker has nonstick surfaces.
- This waffle bowl maker measures around 4” in diameter, so if you want larger bowls, it won’t be the right choice for you.
- Some customer reviews state that this product can be a little hard to clean.
Things to look out for:
When you’re on the hunt for a high-quality ice cream cone maker that you can use at home whenever you want a refreshing treat, there are a few things you should consider. By keeping the following in mind, you can look for the features that you want and need so you can make the right buying decision:
First off, consider how much space you have to use an ice cream cone maker and to store it. Some are larger while others are more compact. Do you want a product that will be large and allow you to make more than one cone at once or are you happy with a product that only lets you make one at a time?
Secondly, consider whether the settings on an ice cream maker are adjustable. Some products might only heat up to a certain temperature, and it’s up to you to figure out how long you need to cook your batter to get the results you want. Others have adjustable settings for time and temperature so you can have greater control over how your ice cream cones turn out.
Another thing to consider is whether you want an ice cream cone maker that will allow you to make more than just standard waffle cones. Do you want to be able to prepare different types of cones or waffle bowls for your ice cream? If so, definitely keep that in mind as you shop.
Finally, consider how much you are willing to spend on an ice cream cone maker. If you are planning on using it only once in a while, you might not want to spend too much money on it. On the other hand, if you plan on using it all the time to avoid needing to buy ice cream cones at the grocery store, you might be willing to spend a lot more money on a higher quality item.
Photo credit: JeniFoto/Shutterstock