The kitchen is the busiest room in your house, and it’s also the room where you spend a lot of time standing while you are cleaning, doing dishes, and preparing meals throughout the day for yourself and your family. So, messes can happen, floors can get damaged, and you might even start to feel some aches and fatigue from being on your feet for long stretches of time. The solution for all of those problems is surprisingly simple: a cushioned kitchen mat.
You may have heard a lot about kitchen rugs and kitchen mats by now. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs to suit any kitchen beautifully, and they can work on protecting your floors from damage and messes, while also adding style and warmth to the space. Plus, these products are usually made of durable materials that are really easy to clean as well.
Cushioned kitchen mats, in particular, are a bit different from the other mats on the market because they are designed with your body in mind. These mats can be helpful for those who tend to experience fatigue or discomfort in the feet, joints, or back when they are standing in the kitchen. With the right amount of cushioning and support, you won’t have to stand directly on the hard floor. As a result, you might find that you don’t feel as much achiness or fatigue. This means you can spend prolonged periods standing in your kitchen without needing to stop and sit down to relieve your discomfort. Plus, many of these mats are also designed to be non-slip, so they might help prevent slips and falls as well.
The great thing about cushioned kitchen mats is that they can provide you with more support than regular mats, but you don’t need to sacrifice style. These come in a variety of sizes, thicknesses, and designs, too, so you can find one that’s neutral in appearance or one that will really stand out against the rest of the décor in your kitchen.
Are you ready to start shopping for a cushioned kitchen mat that will be soft and comfortable under your feet, and that will last a long time while adding a little extra style to your space? We’ve got you covered with a list of eight products below. Check these out to see if they have the features you are looking for in a mat you can use every day.
1. Best Overall Cushioned Kitchen Mat: DEXI Cushioned Kitchen Mat
First up on our list of cushioned kitchen mats is this one from DEXI. It is available in various colors and sizes, which is great because you can choose the one that is just right for your kitchen.
This mat is designed to help you avoid getting fatigued when standing for long periods of time in your kitchen, whether you are cleaning or cooking. The mat has high-density foam that is ¾” thick and can help reduce the amount of pressure on your feet, back, and joints while you stand. And we also like that it has beveled edges that help ensure it will stay nice and flat to prevent you from tripping.
You can use this kitchen mat on a variety of floors, as it is non-slip. It is also easy to clean because it is waterproof. You can simply wipe it with a damp cloth or you can use a vacuum to keep it looking great.
- The surface of this cushioned kitchen mat is stain resistant and waterproof, as well as easy to clean.
- The non-slip bottom helps ensure this mat will stay in place.
- This soft mat has a foam core that is ¾” thick for your comfort.
- If you prefer a design rather than a solid color, this cushioned kitchen mat might disappoint you.
- Some people might find that the foam on this kitchen mat is too thick.
2. Best Waterproof Cushioned Kitchen Mat: Anti Fatigue Comfort Mat by DAILYLIFE
Yet another cushioned kitchen mat to consider is this option from DAILYLIFE. It has a lovely design and comes in a variety of colors and sizes. Made from materials that are phthalate free and non-toxic, this kitchen mat is also easy to clean, stain resistant, and waterproof.
This cushioned kitchen mat is built to be durable and supportive to help reduce the amount of fatigue you experience while standing. It has a ¾” thick foam core that can provide you with the comfort and softness that you need, and it is also non-slip with beveled edges. So, it has all of the basic features that you would expect from a good quality kitchen mat that’s designed to keep your joints and feet as comfortable as possible.
- This cushioned kitchen mat has quick rebound reaction, and the ¾” polyurethane foam can help provide you with relief when standing.
- This mat is available in a variety of colors, and it features a pretty pattern that is understated so it won’t be too obvious or clash with the rest of your decor.
- Some customer reviews state that this cushioned kitchen mat is slippery.
3. Best Stylish Cushioned Kitchen Mat: WISELIFE Kitchen Mat Cushioned Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Rug
With this cushioned kitchen mat, you can instantly add color and style your kitchen. Choose the color and size that will work best for you, and then start using it whenever you need to spend a lot of time standing in your kitchen to cook meals, prepare lunch, or clean and organize.
This is a soft kitchen mat with extra thick foam that can enhance your comfort while standing by giving you more support. The beveled edges are an attractive feature because mats that don’t have these types of edges might end up curling and causing a tripping hazard. Plus, this mat is easy to keep clean, it can help prevent breaks if you drop something on it, and it is water resistant.
- This cushioned kitchen mat is made of PVC material that is easy to clean.
- The thick foam that is in this mat might help you feel better when standing for long periods.
- This mat features an attractive color and design that can enhance the look of your kitchen.
- Some customer reviews state that they weren’t satisfied with the appearance of this cushioned kitchen mat.
4. Best Long Cushioned Kitchen Mat: KMAT Cushioned Kitchen Mat
If you are in need of a long cushioned kitchen mat, this one might meet your expectations. It is available in other sizes and colors as well, but if you want a long mat that will cover a lot of space, the 17” x 60” option might be just right.
We like the pattern that’s on this kitchen mat, and the fact that the heavy-duty foam measures 0.47” thick to provide you with plenty of comfort and support while standing. The textured and waterproof surface is made of PVC that is phthalate free, while the bottom of the mat is grooved to help prevent it from slipping. And the beveled edges are certainly a plus, too.
- This cushioned kitchen mat is made of durable materials and is easy to clean.
- This is a mat that is designed to be non-slip and ultra-comfortable.
- The foam in this mat is 0.47” thick.
- There are limited style options with this cushioned kitchen mat.
5. Best Anti-Fatigue Cushioned Kitchen Mat: Sky Solutions Anti Fatigue Mat
With the Sky Solutions cushioned kitchen mat, you might be able to spend more time standing in the kitchen without feeling as fatigued, thanks to the firm support that this product is designed to provide.
The high-density memory foam is ¾” thick, so it can give your feet much-needed firm support. If you have tried other kitchen mats but they were too spongy and not supportive enough, this one might be the right alternative.
We also like that this product is available in multiple colors and sizes, so you can select the one that will fit your space perfectly and complement your kitchen’s design scheme beautifully.
- This cushioned kitchen mat has high-density memory foam that measures ¾” thick, and it is firm enough to provide the right amount of support when you stand on it.
- This mat has a pebble texture, a non-slip bottom, and beveled edges to help prevent you from tripping on it.
- This product is waterproof and stain resistant, so it is easy to clean.
- This mat is priced a bit higher than others on the market.
6. Best Cushioned Kitchen Mat Set: HappyTrends Cushioned Comfort Anti-Fatigue Floor Mat
If you want to get more than one cushioned kitchen mat at the same time, this set of two will give you matching mats in two different sizes, one large and one small. Designed to help reduce your fatigue when standing, it is 0.47” thick, super soft, and comforting under your feet. Plus, it is available in more than one color.
Other nice features include the fact that this mat is water resistant and made of durable materials. It is made of PVC, it has a non-slip bottom, and the edges are beveled too. When you need to clean it, you can use a damp cloth or a handheld vacuum to get the job done fast.
- This cushioned kitchen mat is made of materials that will ensure its durability and cushioning effects.
- You can easily clean this kitchen mat, which is oil resistant and waterproof.
- If you want an eye-catching design, rather than a solid color, on your kitchen mat, this one might not be right for you.
7. Best ½” Thick Cushioned Kitchen Mat: Truly Lou Farmhouse Anti Fatigue Kitchen Mat
With a cute design, this cushioned kitchen mat can add some color and fun to your design scheme. It is also ½” thick, so if you don’t like mats that are ¾” thick, this might be a better product for you.
This mat is designed to give you a good amount of soft support. It has a textured surface, and the non-slip bottom can help it remain in place. It will repel oil and it is waterproof, and it also has beveled edges to help ensure you won’t end up tripping over it.
- This cushioned kitchen mat is made of PVC that is scratch resistant, with a textured surface and non-slip bottom.
- The ½” foam might help you feel less tired, and you might feel less discomfort on the feet and joints when standing on this mat.
- Some people might find that this design clashes with the rest of the décor in their kitchen, but there aren’t other style options.
8. Best Ergonomic Cushioned Kitchen Mat: Gorilla Grip Anti Fatigue Cushioned Comfort Mat
Finally, there’s this anti-fatigue cushioned kitchen mat from Gorilla. Like so many other products on the market, this one is available in various colors and sizes to suit your needs and preferences. It is made of good quality materials, it is durable and stain resistant, and it has a beveled edge design as well.
The premium foam, which is ¾” thick and provides ergonomic rebound, can help you feel a lot more comfortable while standing. Once you step on this mat, you might immediately feel a difference because it is supportive and comfortable, with a pebbled texture.
- This cushioned kitchen mat is made of durable materials, so it should last a long time without compressing.
- The ¾” foam can help reduce the amount of pressure on your body when you are standing.
- This mat has a textured surface and beveled edges.
- You can clean this mat easily by wiping it with a damp cloth or vacuuming it.
- The foam in this kitchen mat might be too thick for some people.
- Some customer reviews state that this mat does not stay in place well.
Things to look out for:
When you are shopping for a kitchen rug or kitchen mat, you have so many options to choose from, so the process can quickly become a little overwhelming. And the same is true when it comes to cushioned kitchen mats. If you want this type of mat, in particular, there are several features that you can focus on to figure out which one will give you exactly what you need. Here are some things that we recommend keeping an eye on:
First of all, you want to be sure that a cushioned kitchen mat will be made of durable materials that will be able to withstand a lot of foot traffic every day. While the inner material should be made of a soft foam, the exterior should be easy to clean. Waterproof materials are also a great choice because they can protect the foam inside the mat.
When you are on the hunt for a kitchen mat that’s cushioned, you’ll also need to think about how much cushioning you want. You can find mats that are ¾” thick, but other good options include those that are ½” thick or 5/8” thick. Remember, if it is too thin, it won’t provide the cushioning and support you want.
Cushioned mats come in various sizes. You might choose one that will be small yet provide enough support when you are standing in one spot in your kitchen, such as by your sink. Or, you might go with one that is longer and covers more space for even more support and comfort as you make your way from your stove to your countertop, dishwasher, and sink.
Also, in addition to narrowing your options down to those that have a non-slip grip, look at the edges of any cushioned kitchen mat that you are thinking about buying. If the edges don’t remain flat at all times, that’s not something that you want, as it can be a tripping hazard. Instead, opting for a mat that has beveled edges may help reduce the odds of tripping on it.
Finally, keep in mind that, just because a cushioned kitchen mat can serve a useful purpose, it doesn’t mean that it can’t look good too. There are a lot of companies that produce high-quality, durable, easy-to-clean cushioned mats that are also colorful or boast fun designs that can add a nice touch to the rest of your kitchen’s design scheme.