Warm brownies are a great dessert to enjoy after dinner, but they’re perfect to treat yourself between meals too. And the best part is they are surprisingly easy to make. Whether you’re following a traditional recipe or making vegan brownies at home, they are sure to be a hit. With their crispy edges and chewy texture, they boast a yummy flavor and can even be paired perfectly with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. But if you want to get the best brownies possible, regardless of what recipe you follow, you need the right brownie pan.
You might not realize it at first, but the type of pan that you use to bake your brownies can have an impact on how well they turn out. That’s why there are a lot of brands that offer the highest quality brownie pans, whether you prefer rectangular pans, square pans, silicone pans, or non-stick pans. There really is something for every type of baker, and you don’t need to spend a lot of money to get what you want either.
Why Is It Best to Use a Brownie Pan to Make Brownies?
You might be wondering why you can’t just use any old pan you currently have on hand to bake up some brownies. Well, it boils down to the consistency of the brownies and how well they bake in your oven. The right pan can help ensure the heat will be distributed evenly, allowing the brownies to bake evenly so you can enjoy the same results from the first to the last bite. Also, as long as the pan doesn’t heat up too quickly, your brownies may be less likely to burn.
In addition to that, the right pan can ensure your brownies are the right thickness. If your pan is too big, your brownies might end up too thin, while a pan that is too small might cause them to come out too thick. A brownie pan that is sized just right for this delectable treat can help you get brownies that are just the right thickness.
Sure, there are disposable brownie pans that you can purchase, but if you buy one or two good quality pans that you can use again and again, you may be able to save quite a bit of money in the long run. Also, a durable brownie pan can certainly be used for other desserts too, so you don’t have to restrict yourself to using it just for brownies.
There Are a Lot of Brownie Pans to Choose From!
As soon as you start your search for a brownie pan, you will see that there are a lot of options out there. You can choose from various sizes and materials, and some pans are more expensive than others, so you can narrow your options down based on your budget.
No matter what, the goal should be to buy a brownie pan that is made of high-quality materials that will ensure the product will last a long time. The pan should also be easy to clean, whether you can put it in your dishwasher or you need to wash it by hand. Reading customer reviews can shed light on how well a brownie pan works and whether or not it withstands a lot of use.
Once you start shopping, you might decide to buy more than one pan to give them all a try and see which one(s) you like best, or to just give yourself a few extra options for your baking needs.
Are you ready to begin shopping for a brownie pan that will help you get the best tasting brownies? Continue reading for a list of options we think are worth your time.
1. Editor’s Choice: Good Cook 11 Inch x 7 Inch Biscuit/ Brownie Pan
This rectangular baking pan is a great place to start when you want something that will bake up delicious brownies. It measures 11” x 7” and has a non-stick coating that’s scratch resistant and will help ensure it’s easy to get your brownies out of the pan when you’re ready to enjoy them. Featuring heavy duty steel, it can distribute heat evenly for better brownies. Plus, this product is dishwasher safe for added convenience.
- This brownie pan is made of steel for durability.
- The non-stick coating helps make it easy to release the brownies, and also helps make cleanup easier.
- You can wash this brownie pan in the dishwasher.
- Some customer reviews state they were disappointed with the durability of this brownie pan.
- To help keep this brownie pan in good condition, extra care may need to be taken to gently wash it and dry it thoroughly.
2. Runner Up: HAPPIELS 9-inch Square Pan
If you would prefer using a square brownie pan, this is a good option to consider. It measures 9” x 9”, it features thick carbon steel and rolled rims, and it is microwave and freezer safe too. Because it is designed to bake evenly, it can help you get better brownies. Also, it is warp resistant and has a non-stick coating that is Teflon, BPA, PFOA, and PTFE free. Plus, it has an attractive champagne gold color.
- This brownie pan is made of carbon steel.
- To make releasing brownies from the pan easier, this product has a double silicone non-stick coating.
- This product is designed to heat quickly and evenly.
- It is best to wash this brownie pan by hand, so it is not a good choice if you prefer a product that you can clean in your dishwasher.
3. Best with Lid: WILTON INDUSTRIES Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick Square Brownie Baking Pan with Lid
Sometimes, you want to be able to take your brownies with you to share them with others at a party or special event. It can be a hassle to cover the pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and you run the risk of making a mess if you accidentally drop the pan. But with this 9” x 9” brownie pan from Wilton, you can bake yummy brownies and then simply use the matching plastic lid when you need to transport them. Plus, it is non-stick and easy to clean.
- This is a non-stick, square brownie pan.
- The plastic lid can be used to cover the brownies when you need to transport them.
- This brownie pan is easy to clean.
- Care may need to be taken to ensure you don’t scratch this brownie pan.
4. Best for Pre-Sliced Brownies: Chicago Metallic Professional Slice Solutions Brownie Pan
Making brownies at home is fun, but when it comes to getting even slices, it can be a challenge. Well, with this brownie pan from Chicago Metallic, you don’t need to worry about slicing your brownies anymore because it comes with a convenient divider that will allow you to get 18 brownies that are the right size and neatly sliced. So easy! Plus, this product is made of steel, it can bake evenly, and it has a non-stick coating that helps ensure your brownies will be easy to release from the pan.
- This brownie pan comes with a removable divider so you don’t need to slice the brownies yourself.
- This brownie pan bakes evenly to help you get the best brownies possible.
- This product features steel and a silicone based non-stick coating.
- You can wash this item in your dishwasher.
- Some people might find it hard to work with the divider that comes with this brownie pan.
5. Best for Crispy Edges: Baker’s Edge Brownie Pan
This brownie pan might look a little strange at first, but the design helps you get a lot more chewy edges than you would with a regular pan. With this pan, each slice will have two edges that are deliciously crunchy. So, if you are a fan of the slices that you get from the edges of a rectangular or square pan, this should definitely be on your radar. Made of heavy gauge cast aluminum, it also has a non-stick coating. Plus, it is easy to spread the batter evenly to ensure your brownies bake evenly.
- This brownie pan makes it possible to get more crunchy, chewy edges on your brownies.
- This product is non-stick, and it is Teflon, PTFE, and PFOA free.
- You also get a nylon spatula with this pan.
- This brownie pan should be washed by hand, not in the dishwasher.
6. Best for Mini Brownies: Bite-Size Silicone Brownie Pan with Dividers – Set of 2
In the mood for mini brownies? With this handy silicone pan, you can get just the right amount of your favorite sweet treat, thanks to the dividers that give you a total of 24 little brownies. And because you get a set of two for an affordable price, you can make a large batch easily. The flexible silicone is non-stick, so getting the brownies out should be quick and simple. Also, the fact that there aren’t any chemical coatings on this product is definitely a plus. And this item is microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe too.
- This brownie pan is made of 100% food grade silicone.
- This product is BPA free, non-stick, and flexible.
- You can clean this brownie pan in your dishwasher.
- It might be a little difficult distributing the brownie batter evenly in all of the small molds.
7. Best Non-Stick: Fox Run Brownie Pan, 7-Inch x 11-Inch, Preferred Non-Stick
Another rectangular brownie pan that is worth checking out is this option from Fox Run. It is a non-stick pan, which can be extremely helpful when it comes to getting your brownies out without them sticking to the pan and making a mess. Made of steel, it is a good size to make a batch of brownies whenever you get the craving for them, and because it can distribute heat evenly, you may find that the results are just right whenever you use this pan.
- This brownie pan is non-stick and distributes heat evenly, so you can get delicious brownies that come out of the pan easily.
- The handles make it easy to get this brownie pan into and out of your hot oven.
- This product is easy to clean.
- Care should be taken to ensure the non-stick coating remains in good condition.
8. Best Silicone: Silicone Square Cake Pan – Walfos Silicone Brownie Pan with Non-slip Grips
If you are looking for a square brownie pan that is made of flexible silicone, this one might be it. It is oven safe, freezer safe, and microwave safe. It’s also non-stick for easy release of your brownies, and it’s made of 100% silicone. In addition, it is BPA free, and cleaning it is super simple because you can just pop it in the dishwasher. Plus, you get two pans for a low price, and you can stack them to save space when you are storing them away between uses.
- This brownie pan is made of food grade silicone, and it is BPA free.
- This product is dishwasher safe.
- You can use this pan to prepare a variety of recipes.
- For stability while in the oven, it is recommended that you put this brownie pan on a cookie sheet.
Things to look out for:
Do you want to start baking your own brownies rather than needing to buy them at the store all the time? That’s great, as it really is the best way to enjoy the freshest brownies whenever you get the craving! But even though shopping for a brownie pan might seem simple enough at first, once you realize that there are so many products to choose from, you might start to feel a bit confused about which one to go with. To make the process easier, consider the following features:
When it comes to any bakeware, the material that it is made of is one of the first things to think about. Brownie pans can be made of aluminum and steel, as well as silicone, glass, and ceramic, and there are non-stick options to make it easier to get your brownies out of the pan. Each material has its own pros and cons that are worth considering, but if you already know that you prefer a certain type of bakeware, such as non-stick aluminum, you can quickly and easily narrow your options that way.
Keep in mind that certain recipes might be made for certain materials, too. For example, the baking time may be different if you are putting your batter in a glass brownie pan versus one that is made of metal. After all, different materials may retain and distribute heat differently or heat up at different speeds, and that is something to bear in mind when you bake. Also, the color of metal plans can be taken into consideration too. For example, lighter pans may be better at preventing overbaking.
Yet another feature to consider is the size and shape of the brownie pan. Some are square, and they are typically 9” x 9” or 8” x 8”, while others are rectangular and typically 9” x 13” or 7” x 11”. And don’t forget to check the depth of the pan as well. As mentioned above, this can play a role in how thick your brownies turn out, so it is a feature that is worth looking at.
You can also find brownie pans that are specially designed to allow for more crispy edges. So, if you want every piece to have crispy and crunchy edges, definitely look into those unique brownie pans that can help you get those results. They might seem a little odd at first, but once you are able to taste the brownies that come out of them, you may never want to go back to a square or rectangular brownie pan.
Do you wish there were an easier way to evenly cut your brownies so that each one is the same size? Then check out the brownie pans that have dividers. Some dividers are removable, while other pans are molded in a way that allows you to bake individual brownies, much like a cupcake pan. Or, if you want to bake up mini brownies, you have that option as well if you search for brownie pans designed for that purpose.
Last but not least, consider how you’ll need to clean your brownie pan after each use. While some might be dishwasher safe, others may not be. Follow the directions carefully no matter what, as doing so will help ensure your pan remains in tip-top shape so you can keep using it to bake up the tastiest and richest brownies.
Photo credit: Shebeko/Shutterstock