Sometimes, all you want to do is enjoy your breakfast in bed. Or, you might get the idea to treat your spouse or kids to breakfast in bed to show them how much you care about them. To do either of these, you need to have a high-quality breakfast tray on hand.
With the right breakfast tray, you can have your meal in style and comfort while still enjoying the softness and warmth of your bed. What could be better than that, right? But to find the right tray, you need to take a few factors into consideration, such as size, whether you want foldable legs, and how easy the product will be easy to clean in case messes happen.
To begin your search for the perfect breakfast trays, check out the list of products that we’ve compiled for you below.
1.Best Wooden Breakfast Tray: Grosee Japanese Bamboo Serving Tray with Handles
This wooden breakfast tray is a great choice if you are in search of a product that is made of high-quality materials like bamboo—plus, bamboo is also considered an eco-friendly material! It is durable, water resistant, and non-toxic, so you can let everyone in your family use it to enjoy breakfast in bed.
Featuring a large base and easy-to-grip handles, this breakfast tray measures roughly 17.5” x 10” x 2”, and it weighs just 1.3 pounds. The natural bamboo color is neutral, and this tray has a sleek surface that makes it easy to clean.
- This bamboo breakfast tray is built to be durable, strong, lightweight, and easy to clean.
- This breakfast tray might be a good choice if you prefer buying products made of eco-friendly materials.
- The large handles make this tray easy to carry, and the surface is large enough for plates and cups.
- This breakfast tray doesn’t have any legs, so it won’t be right for you if you want to use a tray that will be elevated off your bed.
2. Best Acrylic Breakfast Tray: Cilinta Acrylic Serving Trays with Handles
If you would prefer an acrylic breakfast tray instead of one that is made of wood, this one from Cilinta might be a good place to start. It is available in two colors (black and white), and it measures roughly 16” x 12” x 2”.
Designed to be sturdy and durable, as well as elegant, this tray features a glossy surface and deep color. The edges are polished and the whole tray is smooth for your comfort and safety, while the small pads on the bottom help prevent scratches and prevent the tray from slipping.
This breakfast tray boasts 5mm thick acrylic, and it can carry multiple dishes and cups on its large surface. It also has high edges to prevent messes from falling off of the tray and onto your bed. Plus, cleanup is also easy because you can wash this tray or just wipe it down.
- This breakfast tray is made of high-quality acrylic for strength and durability.
- This tray is smooth and easy to clean, with high sides that help prevent spills.
- There are non-slip pads on the bottom of this breakfast tray to help keep it in place.
- This breakfast tray doesn’t have legs, so it won’t be elevated off your bed.
3. Best Breakfast Tray with Mobile Device Holder: Rossie Home Media Bed Tray with Phone Holder
When you want to have breakfast in bed but you also don’t want to miss out on news, entertainment, social media, and emails, you can use this handy breakfast tray, which has a built-in slot for securely holding your tablet or smartphone.
This breakfast tray is made of natural bamboo, which is renewable and eco-friendly—perfect for the eco-conscious consumer. It is available in multiple color options, too, such as espresso, gray, white, and natural bamboo, so you can choose the one that matches the rest of your décor.
In addition to its large surface on which you can keep your device and your meal, you can also take advantage of the folding legs that elevate this tray and make it easier for you to eat and work. Plus, it has a contoured and lowered front ledge that also makes using this tray easier and more comfortable.
- This breakfast tray can hold your tablet or smartphone at two different angles, depending on your preferences.
- This tray is designed to be attractive, easy to use, and durable.
- Some customer reviews complain that this tray splinters.
- If you don’t need the built-in bar for mobile devices, it will just be wasted space that takes away from the rest of the surface area of this tray.
4. Best Brightly Colored Breakfast Tray: Artmeer Bed Tray Table with Handle Folding Legs
Tired of seeing the same old wood colored breakfast trays? Then check out this brightly colored option that is available in two colors: blue and red. Perfect for kids and adults alike, this tray has a host of features that you’re sure to love.
First off, this tray measures roughly 19.8” x 11.9”, so it gives you plenty of space to serve and enjoy breakfast in bed. It also has folding legs, so you can choose to use the tray flat, with the legs folded in, or you can elevate the tray roughly 6.7” off your bed when the legs are in use.
We also like that this product is made of strong bamboo, it has handles that make it easy to carry and move into position, and it is designed to be easy to clean with a damp cloth. Plus, even though this tray has low sides, they may be enough to prevent messes from spilling off the tray and onto your bed, furniture, or floor.
- This is a brightly colored breakfast tray that can add extra style and can be great for kids.
- This tray has folding legs, so you have the option of using it two different ways, and it is easy to store away when not in use.
- This breakfast tray is made of durable and eco-friendly bamboo.
- You might need to use bamboo oil every now and then to keep this tray in tip-top shape.
5. Best Two-Tone Breakfast Tray: SONGMICS Bed Tray Table with Bamboo Folding Legs
Another stylish option that’s worth checking out is this two-toned breakfast tray, which features a dark brown wood surface and black handles and legs. Made of bamboo, it also features a space in which you can set up your smartphone or tablet to use it while you enjoy breakfast in bed.
This breakfast tray measures roughly 17.7” x 11.8” x 10.2” when you include the legs that elevate it for ease of use. It is also lightweight, weighing around 2.2 pounds. The handles make it simple to carry around, the legs can be folded to make this tray easy to store away, and the raised edges help ensure you don’t spill anything.
- This stylish breakfast tray features folding legs, rounded edges, cutout handles, and a groove for holding your mobile device.
- This tray has a rustic engineered wood surface and black edges and legs, and features two colors that go beautifully together.
- This breakfast tray is easy to clean.
- To prevent splintering, you need to take care to avoid scratching this tray with sharp objects.
6. Best Stylish Breakfast Tray: MyGift Vintage Multicolored Chevron Design Rectangular Wood Breakfast Serving Tray with Foldable Legs
Do you want to get your hands on a breakfast tray that is more stylish than the average tray? This lovely multi-colored tray is a good place to start because it still gives you the classic look of a wooden breakfast tray, but with a little extra pizzazz, thanks to the chevron design on the surface of the tray.
With its multicolored wood pattern, its foldable legs, and its two cutout handles, this breakfast tray is both attractive and functional. It measures roughly 15.75” x 11.75” when the legs are folded. With the legs, it measures roughly 8.25” high.
You can use this tray to enjoy breakfast in bed or to work in bed, as it can fit a compact laptop or a plate and cup. Plus, the eye-catching geometric pattern is sure to please kids, teens, and adults alike, so it can be a great gift for anyone in your family too.
- This stylish breakfast tray features a chevron design.
- This tray has cutout handles to make it easy to carry and set in place.
- The foldable legs can be used to elevate this tray when in use.
- This breakfast tray weighs about 2.98 pounds, so it is heavier than other trays that are available.
7. Best Open-Sided Breakfast Tray: Kouboo Breakfast Tray, Honey-Brown
If you have used other breakfast trays and gotten annoyed or experienced discomfort because of the high edges, this tray from Kouboo might be just what you need. One side is open, without any edge at all, so you can more easily access your meal or your work without straining your hands or your wrists.
This breakfast tray features woven rattan, it can be cleaned with a damp cloth, it is food safe, and it measures roughly 25.5” x 16”. When you open up the foldable legs, it is roughly 12.5” high.
We also like the unique look of this breakfast tray, which is different from so many others on the market. The combination of the rattan and wood give it a beautiful style, and you can also choose from two color options, which are honey-brown and white-wash, to suit your preferences.
- This breakfast tray features a unique look, with its combination of wood and rattan materials.
- This tray has an open side to make it easier to use.
- This tray is food safe and easy to clean.
- This breakfast tray won’t be right for you if you prefer a smooth surface.
- The open side might make spills and messes more likely.
8. Best Foldable Breakfast Tray: SUPERJARE Foldable Laptop Table
We have already showcased several breakfast trays that come with foldable legs because these can be convenient to use and easier to store away. But what about a breakfast tray that is totally foldable, not just the legs? Well, you can find that type of tray on the market as well, and this is one example you can consider.
The great thing about this versatile and lightweight tray is the fact that you can use it for everything from eating breakfast in bed to doing homework or enjoying entertainment. In other words, your whole family can use it to be creative or productive, and to relax or have fun. That’s because it is large enough to hold a laptop or an entire meal.
Available in multiple colors, such as bamboo wood grain, dark gray, gray, and pink, you can select the tray that suits your style preferences. It boasts an aluminum alloy frame, it can hold up to 66 pounds, and it features a non-slip bottom for stability. Plus, it’s easy to carry, thanks to a handle, and it’s simple to set up. When you are done using it, you can simply fold it completely in half, making it compact for storage. And, when it is folded, an inner compartment is created, so you can store notes or a small book in there.
When folded, this breakfast tray measures roughly 16.1” x 11.6”. When it’s open, it measures roughly 23.1” x 16.2” x 10.1”, with legs that keep it elevated off your bed—this makes it easy to slide your legs underneath the tray for comfort while you eat or work.
- This breakfast tray is unique and versatile because it folds in half, so you can carry it and store it easily, and it can be used for a variety of tasks.
- This tray has a large surface, foldable legs, and a non-slip bottom.
- This tray doesn’t have any high sides, so messes might happen more easily.
- This product wouldn’t be right for you if you’re looking for a more traditional tray for breakfast in bed.
Things to look out for:
Shopping for a breakfast tray can be surprisingly easy because there are so many different products available. At the same time, however, all of those options can make the process a little overwhelming. To figure out which direction to go in more easily, keep the following in mind as you browse the various trays that are available:
First, consider the size of the breakfast tray that you want. How do you plan on using it? Will you just use it to serve breakfast in bed or do you also plan on using it for working in bed? Think about whether you want the tray to be big enough to fit your laptop or if you just want it to be large enough for a dish and your coffee mug.
Another thing to consider is whether or not you want a breakfast tray that has extra built-in features like a groove that holds your tablet or smartphone. Again, it really depends on how you plan on using the breakfast tray, as you might not need a tray that’s designed for working.
In terms of style, you have a lot of options to choose from, such as colorful trays, those that showcase the natural look of wood, and those that are acrylic. Think about whether or not you will keep the tray on display, if you want it to match the rest of your décor, or if you’ll be storing it away so its style doesn’t really matter.
Finally, consider whether you want a breakfast tray with legs or without. Many products come with folding legs so you can have the best of both worlds. Perhaps you want to be able to switch between using the tray with the legs versus without them. After all, sometimes, you might want the tray to be flat, while other times, you might want it to be elevated, so folding legs that are strong and sturdy are a popular feature.
Photo credit: Nitr/Shutterstock