If you are planning on barbecuing a lot this summer, it is time to stock up on the various tools and utensils that you will need to make the most of your time at the grill. Preparing yummy meals for your family and friends can be a lot easier when you have the right BBQ tool set that includes everything you need for every ingredient you are going to cook, from fresh vegetables to raw meats. So, if you have been using the same tongs that you use in the kitchen or you have an old spatula that you have been using for grilling, it is time to upgrade.
Rather than buying a lot of different BBQ tools separately, consider buying them all at once as part of a set. This is super convenient, and you might even be able to save quite a bit of money. Plus, by purchasing a set of tools from the same brand, they will all be designed the same way, made of the same types of materials, showcase the same level of quality, etc.
What Can You Typically Expect to Get from a BBQ Tool Set?
There are different types of BBQ tool sets to suit every individual’s needs. Some sets are rather small, with just a few pieces. For instance, you might come across a set that contains a pair of grill tongs, a grilling spatula, and a grill brush. But if this isn’t enough for you or you just want to have more variety on hand, just in case you need any tool in particular, you can opt to buy a larger set. As an example, a bigger set of BBQ tools might include a grill fork, carving knife, meat thermometer, and more. Some sets even have 20+ pieces, so you can get a lot of items all at once and not need to worry about missing anything.
Another nice thing about shopping for your tools as a set is that you can often find those that come with a convenient storage case. In between uses, you can store all of your tools neatly and keep them in good condition by placing them all in the case that they came in.
As you shop, you will also notice that grill sets can feature various materials, some of which are more durable than others. So, this is another thing to consider. For instance, if you want to stick with stainless steel grilling tools, you can hone in on sets that feature them, or if you want grilling utensils that have wooden handles, you can search for the right set in that regard as well. There are a lot of options, and prices can range from low to high, so everyone can find what they want at the price that they can afford.
Do You Want to Get a BBQ Tool Set?
Whether you want to get yourself a high-quality BBQ tool set or you want to give it to someone special, there are a host of options available. In addition to thinking about price, focus on what you get in the set, and whether you will actually use what’s included. The last thing that you’d want to do is buy an expensive set with a lot of utensils, only to find that you use just a few of them and the others just sit there unused all the time. So, consider what you use often, which tools you need to upgrade or replace, and the style of tools that would work best with your grill (e.g., if you have a large grill, using utensils with longer handles is a smart move).
Are you ready to get an idea of what’s out there in the world of BBQ tool sets? Awesome! Let’s get started by taking a look at the following sets.
1. Editor’s Choice: Cuisinart CGS-5020 BBQ Tool Aluminum Carrying Case, Deluxe Grill Set, 20-Piece
This large set of BBQ tools from Cuisinart should be on your list of products to consider if you want to upgrade your current grilling toolkit. You get a total of 20 tools, including tongs, skewers, corn holders, and a digital temperature fork. You also get a basting brush, a chef’s spatula, a cleaning brush, and an extra brush head. Plus, all of these tools come in a handy aluminum storage case, so you don’t even need to worry about having the room to store all of these items and keep them in good condition.
- This set of 20 grilling tools gives you everything you need for your next barbecue.
- This BBQ tool set comes with a case that you can use to store all of your utensils with ease.
- This is an expensive BBQ tool set, so it might not be right for you if you’re shopping within a tight budget.
2. Runner Up: Alpha Grillers Grill Set Heavy Duty BBQ Accessories
This BBQ tool set is more affordably priced, and you get a total of four tools that are made of stainless steel. More specifically, you get tongs and a grilling spatula, along with a basting brush and a fork. These are also rust resistant, and they have long handles that are easy to grip and hold. Plus, they have hanging loops, which can come in handy when you are cooking ingredients on your hot grill and want to keep the tools nearby.
- This set of four grilling tools gives you the basic utensils you need to work with various ingredients.
- These BBQ tools feature thick and durable stainless steel.
- You can wash these BBQ tools in your dishwasher.
- The handles on these BBQ tools are long and designed to be comfortable to hold, as they have rubberized grips.
- You only get four products in this set, so it might not be enough if you want more tools to choose from.
3. Best with Grill Gloves: POLIGO 26PCS BBQ Grill Accessories
This is another large set of BBQ tools, as it gives you a total of 26 pieces. They include a spatula, fork, tongs, knife, skewers, grill brush and brush head, a digital thermometer, four steak knives, a basting brush, and eight corn holders. You even get silicone gloves that you can wear to protect yourself from the heat and flames of your grill while you cook. Also, the best part is these products are made of tough stainless steel, and you get a storage case for keeping everything neat and organized.
- This BBQ tool set gives you 26 products that you can store in a convenient case.
- Because you get a variety of tools, you can have everything you need within reach at the grill.
- These tools are made of stainless steel and have ergonomic handles.
- You can thoroughly clean these BBQ tools by putting them in your dishwasher.
- Although having all of these grilling tools can be helpful, it might be more than you need if you don’t ever use some of them.
4. Best Heavy Duty: Cave Tools 3-Piece BBQ Tools Set
Another basic option that you can consider is this one from Cave Tools. You get only three tools, but they are just what you need to grill a variety of ingredients like a pro. What do you get in this set? Well, it includes grill tongs, a multi-use spatula, and a fork. All of these are made of stainless steel and the handles are designed to be comfortable too.
- You get three of the main tools you need for a great barbecue when you purchase this set.
- These BBQ tools are made of stainless steel for durability.
- You can easily clean these BBQ tools by putting them in the dishwasher.
- This set does not include a storage case for your BBQ tools.
5. Best Basic: Mountain Grillers BBQ Tools Grill Set
This is another pack of three grilling utensils, so it is a good option if you are shopping on a budget or you just don’t need a lot of new BBQ tools. You get a spatula that has a built-in bottle opener and a serrated edge, along with an ultra-sharp fork and lockable tongs. They all have long handles, so they can be useful if you are cooking on a large grill and you want to keep your hands and arms safe from the flames.
- The utensils in this BBQ tool set boast durable stainless steel.
- These grilling tools have long handles.
- The tongs in this set lock, the spatula is slotted with a serrated edge, and the metal fork is extra sharp.
- This BBQ tool set does not include a storage case.
6. Best with Wooden Handles: GRILAZ Heavy-Duty Rose Wooden BBQ Grilling Tools Set
Do you prefer the look and feel of cooking and grilling utensils that have wooden handles? Then this BBQ tool set might be just what you need. You get a spatula that features a serrated edge, tongs that are lockable, and a fork, so you get the basics you need for any barbecue. Also, the fork and the spatula have a handy built-in bottle opener in the handle. Plus, these are made of stainless steel and feature natural grain rosewood on the handles.
- These grilling utensils feature lovely wooden handles that look great against the thick stainless steel.
- The long handles help ensure you won’t get burned when cooking on a hot grill.
- You only get three tools in this set.
- This set does not come with a storage case.
7. Best Stainless Steel: WUSTHOF BBQ Set Cook’s Tools
With this set from WÜSTHOF, you get four utensils: a perforated spatula that measures about 13”, a basting brush that measures around 13.5”, tongs that are about 14” long, and a curved meat fork that’s about 13” long. In addition, you get an extra brush head, which is certainly helpful. So, as you can see, these are all items that have long handles that can be useful when cooking over an open flame. Plus, these tools are made of high carbon stainless steel that is durable and resistant to corrosion.
- This set includes a total of five items.
- These utensils have long handles that are designed to be comfortable to hold.
- These products feature high-quality stainless steel.
- You don’t get a storage case with this BBQ tool set.
8. Best Budget-Friendly: ROMANTICIST 27pcs Heavy Duty BBQ Tools Gift Set
Finally, this set of 27 pieces is yet another worthy product to consider when you are shopping for a good quality BBQ tool set. And the best part is that you don’t need to worry about where you will store all of these utensils because they come in a convenient storage case. The items in the set include a multi-purpose spatula, a grill fork, tongs, a grill knife, a cleaning brush with an extra brush head, a basting brush, meat claws, kabob skewers, corn holders, and stainless steel straws.
- You get a variety of grilling utensils in this BBQ tool set, which features 27 items.
- The storage case that is included will ensure you have a spot for every item in this set.
- This product is affordably priced.
- As is the case with other large sets of BBQ tools, this one might end up giving you more than you need.
Things to look out for:
Shopping for a BBQ tool set might not seem daunting at first. But once you start to see just how many different sets are out there, and the various types of grilling tools you can add to your grilling routine even if you have never used them before, you might start to feel a little confused about which path to take. By keeping the following in mind, you may find it easier to narrow down your options:
Before you begin looking for a BBQ tool set, write down a list of tools that you already use when you grill. Then, look into the other types of grilling tools that are on sale, and see if you might want to add them to your collection. Also, think about which tools need to be replaced because they are worn out or you don’t like the way they work. By making this simple list, you can begin to get a much clearer idea of the specific tools that you will want to look for in a set, and this can help you select the right set that will contain products you will actually end up using regularly.
A good BBQ tool set that includes a range of products will have things like a grill spatula, grill tongs, a BBQ fork, a basting brush, a grill scraper, a meat thermometer, skewers, and more. But if you don’t need all of the little extras, you can certainly stick with a tool set that contains far fewer pieces. If you only need three good utensils, search for a set that will give you exactly that. And if you’d prefer having a case that is designed specifically for holding these tools, you can narrow down your options by searching only for sets that provide this nice extra.
As you start looking into the tool sets that are available, check the materials that they are made of. No matter what tools are included, you want them to be made of durable materials that will be able to withstand high temperatures and last a long time. The better the quality, the less likely that you will need to replace the tools sooner than you would like. Stainless steel is a great material to stick with because it is tough and resistant to rust.
You can also look into the length of the handles of the tools to ensure you will be kept safe from the flames and heat while you are grilling. But also consider the material that the handles are made of. Perhaps you want stainless steel handles or wooden handles, or maybe you want rubber or silicone handles that will give you a better grip.
In addition to all of that, it is a good idea to check the features of a BBQ tool set to ensure every item within the set is designed to be used with high heat. Products that aren’t capable of withstanding the heat from the flames might end up damaged before you know it.
Last but not least, check how easy it will be to clean your BBQ tools. Many people opt for products that can be thoroughly cleaned in the dishwasher. If this is not the case for a tool set you’re interested in, just be sure to wash and completely dry your grilling utensils to help keep them in tip-top condition.
Photo credit: Timolina/Shutterstock