Have you been cooking your bacon in a pan on your stove? Then it may be time to upgrade your cooking method. Not only is cooking it in a pan messy because of all of the grease, but it can also be time-consuming and unhealthy. With a good quality bacon cooker, you can avoid needing to stand by the stove, and you can let it do all of the work for you. In the end, you will have tasty bacon that is cooked just right and has the right texture for whatever meal you are preparing, whether it’s a hearty breakfast to start your day or a flavorful dinner that includes this ingredient.
You Can Find a Variety of Bacon Cookers That Are Priced Affordably
There are multiple types of bacon cookers available, so you can choose the one that has the features you prefer. For example, there are those that are designed for baking bacon in the oven. And there are those that help you get much better results if you want to be able to quickly cook your bacon in the microwave. Plus, there are even those that you can use right on your countertop, as you can just plug them in and let them cook your bacon to perfection.
The best part is that bacon cookers can be surprisingly affordable, in addition to being super easy to use. As long as you buy one that is made of durable materials and is designed to last a long time, you can use it as often as you’d like. And, once you get used to letting your bacon cooker take care of preparing your bacon, you might never want to go back to cooking it in a pan on your stove.
Do You Really Need a Bacon Cooker?
There are a lot of different products for the kitchen, from appliances to tools, that are all designed to make your life easier. But do you really need a bacon cooker? For a lot of people, the answer is a resounding yes, especially if you cook bacon often or you just don’t enjoy cooking it on a stove or you don’t like the results you get when cooking it in your microwave.
Basically, if you want to get better results when you are preparing bacon, a bacon cooker can be helpful. It is simple to set up and use, and when you are done using it, cleaning it thoroughly should also be quick and easy. But the most important part is that you will be able to enjoy bacon that is cooked evenly, isn’t ultra-greasy, isn’t burnt, and has the right crunchy and crispy texture.
Need Help Finding the Right Bacon Cooker for Your Kitchen?
Like other kitchen products, there are many bacon cookers available to suit everyone’s unique needs, preferences, and budget. Below is a list of options that we think are worth your consideration if you are searching for the best bacon cooker that will give you all of the features you want and the delicious results you expect. Continue reading to see what they have to offer and to compare the different types of bacon cookers on the market today.
1. Editor’s Choice: Bacon Bonanza by Gotham Steel Oven Healthier Bacon Drip Rack Tray with Pan
This bacon cooker is one that you can use in your oven to make healthier bacon. It consists of a rack that holds the bacon and a pan that collects the fat. Because the fat drips off and away from the bacon, it can be cooked to perfection without all of that unwanted fat and grease. Plus, this product can hold up to 12 strips of bacon, so you can prepare enough for everyone in your family.
- The non-stick rack and tray are designed to cook healthier bacon in the oven.
- You can use any type of bacon with this bacon cooker.
- You can clean this bacon cooker in your dishwasher.
- Some customer reviews state that they weren’t happy with the way their bacon came out, so if you don’t like bacon cooked in the oven, this bacon cooker might not be right for you.
2. Runner Up: EaZy MealZ Bacon Rack & Tray Set
This is another cooker that you can use to prepare some yummy bacon in a healthier way. The rack can hold up to 12 strips, and it is designed to cook your bacon in a way that will ensure you get crispy results. Plus, the tray will collect any fat that drips off the bacon, and you can certainly use the tray on its own for other purposes, such as baking.
- This product makes it easy to cook bacon in your oven.
- This bacon cooker is dishwasher safe.
- The tray and rack go perfectly together, and you can use the tray on its own for other recipes.
- It might take some trial and error to figure out the best way to use this tray to get the results you want.
3. Best for Microwave: Presto 05101 Microwave Bacon Cooker
If you prefer the convenience of cooking bacon in the microwave, this product can help you get better results than you would get by simply putting your bacon on a dish. It can hold up to 12 strips of bacon, and it is also designed to allow the fat to drip off the meat so you can enjoy healthier bacon. Plus, it is also easy to store because you can place the rack inside the tray, and it is easy to clean because it is dishwasher safe too.
- This plastic bacon cooker is designed to be used in the microwave, and it can hold 12 strips.
- This product can help you prepare healthier bacon because it is designed to let fat drip off.
- This bacon cooker can help you avoid the messes that can be caused by cooking bacon in a pan.
- Some customer reviews state that they were disappointed with the quality of the materials of this bacon cooker.
4. Best Electric: Nostalgia BCN6BK Bacon Express Crispy Bacon Grill
Another way to cook bacon more easily is by using a product like this one, which you plug in and use on your countertop. You can quickly cook up to six strips of bacon, and like other products on this list, this one will ensure the fat drips off. Attractive features include a cooking dial that lets you choose your preferred level of crispiness, handles that remain cool to the touch, and a drip tray that slides out for easy cleanup after the grease drips off the meat. Plus, when you are done using this product, it will be easy to clean.
- This is an easy-to-use electric bacon cooker.
- This cooker is designed to allow fat to drip off your bacon and into a slide-out tray.
- The cooking plate is non-stick and removable.
- This product may disappoint you if you prefer cooking more than six strips at a time.
5. Best Ceramic: ZFJ Ceramic Microwave Bacon Maker with Lid
Another product that is worth considering if you want to cook bacon in the microwave is this ceramic dish with lid. It helps ensure that heat will be distributed evenly so you can get delicious results, it is easy to clean, and it is BPA free. It is also dishwasher safe for easy cleanup, the handles make it easy to move into and out of your microwave, and you can use this bacon cooker to cook other ingredients if you’d like.
- This ceramic bacon cooker can be used in your microwave and is a good alternative to plastic products.
- This product is non-stick and dishwasher safe.
- Some customer reviews state that the lid doesn’t fit as well as it should.
- This bacon cooker may not be right for you if you want a product that is designed to keep the strips completely out of the fat that drips off of them.
6. Best for Oven: GoodCook 15″ x 10.5″ Premium Nonstick Carbon Steel Crispy Bacon Multipurpose Baking Pan Set
With this bacon cooker, you should be able to get crispy results from your oven. It comes with a tray that will catch all of the fat and grease, and a rack that fits it perfectly and can hold your bacon strips above the fat. Designed to distribute heat evenly, this item is made of carbon steel. And what’s also great about it is the fact that you can certainly use it to cook up various other foods, so it can be a multi-purpose product.
- This bacon cooker is made of durable carbon steel, and the cooking sheet has a non-stick coating.
- This cooker can be used in your oven for healthier bacon, but you can use it to prepare other foods as well.
- You can clean this product in your dishwasher.
- Some customer reviews state that this product will rust, so taking care to thoroughly dry it may be necessary.
7. Best Eco-Friendly: Handy Gourmet Eco Friendly Microwave Bacon Cooker
There are a lot of eco-friendly products you can buy for your kitchen, but did you know that you could get a bacon cooker that’s eco-friendly? Well, with this product, you can! It features wheat straw material, and it is made with 60% less plastic. Plus, it can be used in your microwave, and it is BPA free. Also, the tray has ridges to help cook your bacon in a healthier way, and it comes with a lid that can help prevent messes while the bacon cooks.
- You can use this bacon cooker in the microwave, and the lid helps prevent messes.
- The tray has ridges for keeping the bacon strips out of their own fat.
- This product is dishwasher safe.
- Some customer reviews state that the tray isn’t as durable as they would like it to be.
8. Best Budget-Friendly: Prep Solutions Microwavable Bacon Grill
Are you searching for a budget-friendly option? Then check out this one from Prep Solutions. All you have to do is lay your bacon strips on the tray, put the lid on, and pop it in your microwave to quickly and easily make some bacon for yourself and your family. The tray is even designed to allow fat to drip off the bacon so you can throw it away and indulge in bacon that wasn’t cooked in its own fat. Then, you can use your dishwasher to thoroughly clean this product until you need to use it again.
- This bacon cooker can be used in your microwave and is affordably priced.
- The tray has ridges that help ensure your bacon won’t be cooking in grease, while the lid is designed to help prevent messes.
- The tray only holds up to six strips of bacon, so if you prefer a bacon cooker that can cook more strips at once, this may not be right for you.
Things to look out for:
Although you might think that all bacon cookers are created equal, the truth is that they aren’t. Some are manufactured with higher quality materials, and some are designed to make cooking bacon as uncomplicated and as clean as possible. So, it is definitely worth taking your time as you browse the myriad options available. Carefully read through descriptions and consider checking some customer reviews to find the bacon cooker that will give you exactly what you want at a price you can afford. We recommend keeping the following in mind to make the process easier:
To begin, think about the type of bacon cooker that you would prefer. There are electric bacon cookers that can be really handy because they can cook your bacon efficiently and you won’t need to use your stove or oven. These can simply be plugged in, and you can just let them do all of the work. Plus, they might be designed to allow grease and fat to drip off of the bacon, making it healthier for you. You might prefer this type of bacon cooker if you want to avoid messes, too, because you won’t need to cook your bacon in an open pan that can cause hot oil to splash.
Bacon cookers also come in the form of trays that you can place in your oven or in your microwave, depending on how you would prefer preparing your bacon. Basically, you just place your bacon strips on the tray and then pop it into your oven or microwave. The key is to find products that will be the right size for your appliances, and you also want them to be able to cook your bacon evenly for crispy results. Plus, these could be designed in a way that allows fat to drip off the bacon too, which you can’t achieve when cooking it in a pan.
Next, check the materials that a bacon cooker is made of before buying it. Many bacon cookers are made of higher quality materials to ensure that they will last a long time. Even if they cost more, it may be worth it if it means the product won’t break easily and force you to replace it. But, no matter what, you definitely want the materials to be food-grade so they will be safe to use when preparing bacon for yourself and your family. Look for information that tells you a product is safe and free of BPA.
Regardless of the type of bacon cooker you plan on buying, check its dimensions to be sure it will be the right size for both usage and storage. For example, an electric bacon cooker might take up a good amount of space, so check its dimensions to be sure you select one that isn’t too big. And, as mentioned above, if you’re going to buy one of the trays designed for cooking bacon in a microwave or oven, be sure it’s the right size so it will actually fit inside your appliance. But, in addition to all of that, don’t forget to consider how easy it will be to store your bacon cooker in between uses.
You also want the bacon cooker to be the right size for the amount of bacon you plan on cooking. Some people might need a smaller product to cook up some bacon for themselves, while others might want a larger item that will accommodate many more strips of bacon to feed a larger family. Product descriptions should tell you how many strips you can cook at a time.
Another thing to consider is how easy your bacon cooker will be to clean, especially since preparing bacon can cause a bit of a mess. Some products are dishwasher safe, while others need to be washed by hand. You might find an electric bacon cooker is a bit harder to clean, but its features might still make it a worthwhile purchase.
Photo credit: nelea33/Shutterstock